"A dull pounding..." comments

Started by Peace Alliance, October 05, 2003, 09:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikalae Gildar

Rumors spread quickly in the lands of this world.  From idle gossip to serious discussion at the local tavern, the one, burning, constant phrase brought terror and fear to some, and hope of freedom and justice to others.  For whispered from Southsward to the Northlands, was this one phrase:

"Mikalae is back!"

In the Northlands, just outside of Kilkenne's castle, lay a small group of vermin, dressed in the costumes of those of a religious order.  They wore robes and hoods that completely covered their faces, and no steel was evident at their belts.  There were a total of about two score, and some stood, some sat, but all looked ready; for what, you couldn't tell.  One of them walked over to where a slightly taller wildcat stood.  He whispered in a low voice, so that only those close could hear.

"When will he be here, m'lord?  It isn't wise to tarry here for long..."

The other shook his head, and a tiny, tight grin appeared on his face.

"Do you remember Aubres, soldier?"

The soldier bowed his head in pious remembrance.

"Aye, sir, I remember him well."

"Then you should know that he did not fail in his missions, ever?"

"Aye, sir."

"This is his son we are waiting for.  He will not be long in escaping."

The soldier's shocked attitude increased in exponential proportions, becoming all the more evident in his mannerisms.

"Agglan is coming here?"

Mikalae DarkKnight smiled, nodding slowly.

"Aye, he will.  We are bringing him back to his rightful place as Emperor, after the legacy of his father.  I have the promises of several warlords that they will support us in this endeavor.  Duke Aubres will not have died in vain."

In myriad places across the known world, there were small groups of vermin traveling, harmless, and supposedly unarmed.  A score here, three score there; a small force in Southsward, a tiny patrol in Mossflower.  They were preparing to strike.  And at the dawn of the Fourth Age, there would be blood spilled over the Emperorship of the Warlords.  

And Mikalae was ready.
"A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place, to force them to acknowledge your greatness."

"Then you kill them?"

"...Only if it's necessary."

--Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "Sacrifice of Angels"

Pikepaw

The pine marten put his face to the ground and tears came out of his eyes and begged,
"Please let them be, let us leave this place in peace and I shall never trouble you again Emperor! I was wrong in what I did and said! Just let me and my birds live and go free and you shall never hear of Honeg the Powerful again!" Honeg looked up a little pleadingly at Emperor Kilkenne, the birds were his friends, he could not have them slain.  
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Pikepaw

Not expecting any mercy, Honeg wrapped his cloak about himself and disappeared. The hawks, kites and eagles had all vanished too. The marten was gone, every creature was where they were and then Honeg had disappeared without touching anyone else.
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Kilkenne

(OOC: Mikalae and Aus, you are to conform to this RP, for these reasons:

1) this is not pertaining to what happened in game.

2) I am the emperor of the North because of something that happened before you were even here, I was the first there, and therefore I claimed it, so that's why I'm the emperor.

3) I'm sick of your righteous crusades to find the most stupid thing you can do to make me angry.

4) I can't even play the game anymore because people like you go on your quests against me because of things that happen in RP's and such, so before I come back after leaving I have to weigh my odds, what do I want to do more.

5) This is set to where I JUST CAME BACK FROM "the dead" NOT IN EMPIRE TIMES, I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE IMPERIAL FORCES OF THE NORTH, OR KILK'S MARAUDERS, NOT JUST NOW DO I DECIDE TO MAKE MY RP'S ROMAN STYLE.

Aus is fine in doing this, but Mikalae's people just happen to show up? Good job, champ, you made a third storyline to make it complicated for everyone. Thanks.)

PS: OOC: Mikalae, I am not the EMPEROR OF ALL WARLORDS, I AM THE EMPEROR OF THE NORTH, I didn't realize that you had made THAT assumption too. Just had to clear the heavy air of stupid.

General Austin

Dis regard my last posts. I'm quitting the RP, can't do it..
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Pikepaw

Honeg promised himself, as he headed far away on the back of an eagle from Kilk's fortress, that he would never return. Never, never, again would he ever dare come within four seasons march of even the Emperor's petty, scrawny slave, he didn't want an ecounter like that again. He headed south, for Kilkenne was emperor only of the north, never again could the marten show his face in the north. He would never be heard of in the north ever again.
OOC: My fleeingh to the south means I am leaving this rp, never to be heard of or seen again.

Kilkenne

(OOC: No, Razorclaw, what I am saying is that this is seperate than what happened in the game)

Gen. Volkov

OOC: I am debating posting here... I am a decent RPer.. and I could give you guys someone to defeat or whatever.... I dunno.. anyone care? Have any opinion on the matter?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

OOC: *points* Ask Kilk. He's the one pretty much leading this thread.

There's not really much I can do right now, I'll just wait till after Razorclaw posts.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ashyra Nightwing

[OOC: Ashyra is obsessively paranoid about being taken over. She won't let anyone come anywhere near her position as Ruler of All Oceans...]

General Austin

OOC: Sure, Dead Eye! You can find me dead.
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Mikalae Gildar

OOC:  Well, Kilk, this has been a pleasant surprise.  Firstly, I have the divinely appointed opportunity to be flamed.  I love it, I could just sit here all day and hear people try to clear things up, fail miserably, and call it "clearing the air of stupid".    So, to prevent myself from ranting any further, I cut myself off to spare everyone else the trouble of hearing every fallacy, flaw, deliberate misrepresentation, and erroneous idea you presented in your out of character.  If you wish to say anything to me, AIM me.  Blackknight162.  Thank you.

Yours so very Truthfully,

Mikalae DarkKnight
"A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place, to force them to acknowledge your greatness."

"Then you kill them?"

"...Only if it's necessary."

--Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "Sacrifice of Angels"

Bran_Stoneshield

The castle of Bran Stoneshield, the true emperor of the southlands, sat in his hall with his army. Little was known about the weasel dressed in all black, but his skill with the sabre was feared by many.

OOC: Well, I am back on the board, for those of you that don't remember me, my old username was Bran Stoneshield....a RNN reporter...and I'm back

Pikepaw

OOC: Well since Bran is in the south, I'll come back,
Honeg saw, from ontop of his eagle, a great castle in Southsward where he was. Maybe this ruler would have more understanding. The skies darkened with the great host of birds that came was only about a third of his winged forces. Carrying himself to the gate, the legless marten spoke to the gatekeeper (guard, whatever),
"Tell the ruler of this castle, if he is not allied with Kilkenne the Emperor of the North, that he has the service of Honeg the powerful. For I have forces that can cover the skies and good fighters, waiting for my command, not too many, but great and fearless warriors. Tell your ruler, that I wish to join him, I do not ask for great power or land, just a place where I can live." A rustle in the bushes signalled that the few free and strong of the Northlands, not allied with Kilk, had arrived, "Those are my fighters, ready to fight at the command of your ruler and myself!"

Sha

(OOC: So, I've finally joined in. Kilk, if I mess up, just poke me. *nods* Or anyone else, in that case. Yess..)

Sha paced around, pulling her tunic closer to her body. It had been many long seasons since she had felt so cold. Being a leader had its advantages, fire and warmer clothing being some. Not that there had been many that had wanted to follow her. No one stood against the Black Cross and lasted long. But it had been an attempt, and it had gone well, at least, at first.

Now those that she had led stared at her, their eyes showing contempt and hatred. Perhaps if she had led better, or waited for more intelligence, or more help, anything that would have saved them from this wretched end. But some had even been chosen to be slaves - an even worse fate.

Sha sighed and slid down the side of the wall until she was in sitting position. She pulled knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around her legs, attempting to stay warm and hide from the glares. She could tell what they were thinking and hoped, for her own saftey, that they were never fed. There had been a time when she would have been able to beat any of them in hand-to-hand combat, but now? No.

Looking up from her reverie, the weasel noticed a well-armoured guard beckoning to her. She wondered how he had entered without her hearing the door, then shrugged and went to him.

"Are you Sha, the rebel-leader?"
"Aye. I am Sha."
"Come with me. Lord John wishes to speak with you."
"Lord John, eh?"

Sha allowed herself to be taken by the arm and lead out of the prision. Why was she being taken to the one she had fought against?