Katana VS. Battle Axe

Started by Night Wolf, April 18, 2009, 11:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is the deadlier weapon if in the hands of their respective owners?

Katana
Viking Battle Axe

Night Wolf

Got this from a show on T.V. called Deadliest Warrior and wanted to see what you guys thought.

Ungatt Trunn II

I have a katana that was made for display and for actual use. I would gladly battle any brute with an axe (as crazy as that sounds). Katanas are fast AND powerful.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Night Wolf

MADE FOR USE!!!!!  You mean you could actually fight with it?
I have a set myself but by far not battle worthy.

But yeah thats the weapon i personally think would be better.

Gorak

depends how they're used, skill of who's using them
if you blocked a good hard shot from a strong man with a battle axe with a katana, if the katana survives the blow, it probably will not be in your hands anymore
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Krowdon

Katanas are really cool (im hoping to buy one someday) But I had to go with Battle Axe.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Ungatt Trunn II

But battle axes are SLOW and take a lot of force to make a good swing. Any half decent swordsman would know to dodge or at least keep their distance. A katana could make 3 or four slashes while the ax user is still trying to get 1. Or he could simply stab him...

But yea, skill of the user counts as well.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Shadow

Deadliest Warrior is possibly the stupidest show ever conceived. These are people who have never even seen these weapons in action and have probably spent a gran total of a week learning about them, if that. They know nothing.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Night Wolf

Quote from: Shadow on April 19, 2009, 03:33:12 PM
Deadliest Warrior is possibly the stupidest show ever conceived. These are people who have never even seen these weapons in action and have probably spent a gran total of a week learning about them, if that. They know nothing.

This is true but i still like it, even if the people on there are dumb.

Quote from: Gorak on April 19, 2009, 02:01:05 PM
depends how they're used, skill of who's using them
if you bloke a good hard shot from a strong man with a battle axe with a katana, if the katana survives the blow, it probably will not be in your hands anymore

And you would need a strong arm indeed to Break a katana, the steel is folded hundreds of times depending on the swordsmith making them virtualy unbreakable. And like Ungatt said a swordsman would be faster as well.

Gen. Volkov

I'd go with a katana, it's easier to wield. Assuming equal skill of course.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Takara

I'd go for katana! I'd want twin katanas. Battle axes are great if you've got a powerful swing, but unless you don't mind all that heavy weight when fighting, katanas are so much better. They're light and quick and deadly, and if you have two, you're sure to win.

If you were to battle a guy with a battle axe when you had katanas, why don't a give you all a visual:

The katanas: Nimble, stinging wasps. The battle axe: Lumbering, heavy bear.

Although katanas are lighter than a battle axe, they give you a chance to move faster and dodge easier. They also pack a good amount of power. And battle axes have lots of power, but they make it harder for you to move around 'cause they're so heavy.

I'd go for katanas any day!

Fortunately, knock on wood, I have no need for them at the moment.