Things you can't google 'cause they are are too difficult to describe

Started by Peace Alliance, January 03, 2012, 09:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

I have this problem a lot. When I go to google something I can't describe it properly to get the results I want. Some things take more then 1 line to describe. No matter how much I try I can't get the right combination of keywords to find what I'm looking for.

This thread is going to be examples of that. I'm sure you guys have the same problem too. We can post them here, and maybe collectively we can figure out better keywords for each others searches.

I'm googling:
Quotedust flecks flow in light, glow
Currently I'm having a heck of a time trying to find a photo of the way dust glows in light sometimes. Y'know when you're in an old barn with natural light coming in and there are large flecks of dust floating in the air that prominently glow in the light? That's what I want photo's of. I'm trying to make "nostalgic" looking photographs for my summer camp website.

Muse

I have problems like this too. Especially if my teacher describes something, I want to look it up, but don't know what it's called.
Also, if its a commonplace word, then any website with that word is shown.
Stop! Don't touch me there,
this is my private square!

Peace Alliance

ya, like if you add the word "shine" into any google image search, you get buttlols of cleaning products.

Muse

Exactly!
Hmm. Yours is a hard one.
I think you definitely need dust, flecks, and light. Instead of flow, try float. Instead of glow, maybe glisten?

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Muse

Shadow

I posted before I noticed ashy's, I promise, but we are clearly pretty great either way.

Peace Alliance

Gen. Volkov

Or a thesaurus, or in your case a working knowledge of the English language. LOL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

Shadow

pretty sure I first came across that term in a redwall book, so you have no excuse.

Peace Alliance

Raggon

I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Holby

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on January 03, 2012, 11:35:58 PM
Or a thesaurus, or in your case a working knowledge of the English language. LOL.
I see this thread as the modern day version of those old people who ring up radio stations to ask when daylight saving starts.
I will not deleted this