RWLCon

Started by Abby The Rat, July 16, 2003, 09:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abby The Rat

Me and Blackeyes are planning create a RWLCon in two years time, during the summer term and during the weekend.  However, we need an idea of would be able to come up and also ideas of what we might need to do or take into planning.

As I said, nothing is truly fixed yet, but a real possbity that we will go ahead.

Blackeye will give more details

Watch this space.....
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Ashyra Nightwing

WOW.

*excited*

We could all meet each other! But I don't think I would be able to fly to America.
Maybe I could beg my parents to let me go...

Abby The Rat

As I said, we've not really thought it out completely, start doing anything, however, we might play toward the cost of your flights and/or accoderatoin. Of couse, there will be adults at the RWLCon

I am for one. Ereptor is another.

But we need ideas, it's not fun if you turn up and there's nothing to do is it. Only just meeting others. What about friends that might turn up with you.

Err... Sorry if those  ^^ last two lines didn't make sense. ~Shrug~ It happens.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Blackeyes

The place will most likely be held in my hometown. Because it was at first my desicio tog trogh wiht this. Ad will be assisting me through most of the process of development and other such areas. We need all the ideas you can bring forth.

If you have any questions please contact myself or Adam. You can get ahold of me on :
MSN:exco_kid420@homtail.com   OR
AIM:RWLfanatic16     OR
Post your questions on here.

~Blackeyes
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

calria

Hmmmm....
I would definately come! *nods* I know I have enough money for it... somewhere... *nods again*

Hey, I'd count as an adult too! Especially if it's in a year or two! Then I'd be, like, 20, or something...

Can it be like the Star Wars convention where we can... dress up as Badrang... or something? Costume contest! w00t!

[edited to include the following...]
I don't have a problem with it, but isn't this in violation of:

9. Attempting to set up real-life meetings with other forum members is not allowed on these forums. It introduces a legal risk we are not prepared to assume.

Krif

Hey I'd love to come.  Where's your hometown Blackeyes?  We could have food from Redwall, games from redwall like... greased pole contests, Brian Jacques could come and sign books.  That's all I can think of right now.  
~This is not a signature.  Stop reading this.  It is not a signature.  I will not have a signature.  Oh no!  I made a signature.~

Blackeyes

I'm sorry Cal if that is a rule. But it's not a meeting. It's a convention, a gathering of people.

My hometown is Whitby, Ontario, Canada.

P.S. I doubt we could get Brian Jacques to come. It may be a possibility to have him coe for the whole town and not just us. But however, most likely not just for 10-15 people.

Mark

I would love ta come...I don't have the money to fly so I'll probably bike *grins evilly* I can bike 'bout 50k a day and I live in NB, Canada.
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Blackeyes

Better start soon.

Peace Alliance

*jumps in excitement!* That would be wicked!

If at all possible, I would suggest a RWL tournament over a LAN connection while we're there. OR, we could get Retto to make one online and everyone finds computers.... the computers part is a hard one though  <_<  

Krif

Does this have anything to do with Redcon '05 that terrouge talked about?
~This is not a signature.  Stop reading this.  It is not a signature.  I will not have a signature.  Oh no!  I made a signature.~

The Lady Shael

*squeals*

Oh, geez, this is fantastic! I was actually musing about something like that on the airplane today. (Yes, I'm back.) I was planning to go to the 2010 Winter Olympics, since an online friend of mine will be there, but this is better. *thumbs up to Ad and Blackeyes* I'm coming for sure. We could even invite other people from the ROC instead of just RWL if possible. *jumps for joy* I've wanted so much to meet everyone!
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Blackeyes

We can do that. However, if you bring friends out side of the forus they must pay all of it on there own. Me and Ad are only helping pay with those from here.

calria

I bet if there were enough people Jacques would come... *squee* Oooooh this is getting more and more exciting! Hmmm Blackeyes where's your hometown? I'll drive in my mom's minivan if it's not too horribly far away, and pick up anyone who wants to come but can't afford to fly! Hmmmm... I can fit about 6 people in there... *kidnaps a bus instead*

Blackeyes

My hometown is whitby ontario. It is about 45 minutes east of Toronto. If you know were the 401 is then just take that east until you get to Whitby.