Final list of changes

Started by Shadow, June 28, 2013, 06:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Based on feedback, here are the final set of changes for this round:

workers eat slightly more food
workers and leaders eat more food the higher your cash settings
merc food price 20
pillage buff (kills leaders and destroys towers, leaders are counted as normal troops with 22 DP each)

Themes: (this round has two new themes at the same time)

Reverse desertions: if you break someone more than 1.5x your networth, some of their army deserts them and joins you. Better build a solid defense!

Anonymous market: by default, sellers are anonymous, though you can choose to make yourself known, for a price. Otherwise, it is as discussed here.

Regarding the market: the dynamics should be complete, but the UI is not as pretty as I would like. If people like the dynamics I'll work on making the UI prettier. Also, please keep a careful eye on things to make sure there aren't any bugs. I've tested everything I can think of, but something could have slipped through.

I'll be playing passively this round so I can interact on the market while still adminning. Good luck!
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

taekwondokid42

reverse desertions are a theme thing right?

otherwise, these all seem good to me.

Shoot

Will setting merc food price to 20 affect the networth value of food? (i.e. food becomes worth double the current networth?)

Just asking since the networth value of troops are all based on their base price in relation to the base price of rats as far as I know.

Shadow

I took care of that, it won't affect networth.

Shadow

What do you guys think of the market so far? Do you find you are using it more now that it is anonymous?

What do you think of the food consumption changes? Are you having a hard time keeping in food, or is the market keeping you well supplied?

[Other feedback-related questions...]

Shoot

Some feedback on the market:

1) I would personally like to see a 'maximum price' field when purchasing, as well as a 'buy all' checkbox for each item. For example, I could set a maximum price of $17 to buy food at, and select the buy all checkbox to buy all available food at $17 or less (or as much as I can afford) or specify a maximum quantity and it will stop purchasing once I have received the desired quantity or have purchased all available food at $17 or less. The default price displayed in the 'max price' field would be the lowest price available.

2) Market commissions - Personally I think there should always be a small commission on sales (like 5%). In the current state, somebody could corner the market on food by buying up everything at $18 or less and relist for $19 ($1 under mercs) and is basically assured profit on it, even on the food that was originally $18. A commission wouldn't stop this strategy from being profitable, but it would cut into the profit a bit and make small markups less viable and make it a little bit riskier.

As for the food situation, I definitely find myself using quite a bit more than before, but so far the market has been stocked pretty well, which I assume is due to the fact that a higher mercs price and higher overall food need makes the strategy more attractive to play. Hopefully the amount of farmers stays up after this round.

Shadow

Both good suggestions. I originally had planned to have a max price field and a nice dynamically updated display of how much was available at the price instead of displaying the whole market, but the script proved to be beyond me in the timeframe I had given myself. But I can add one in without too much trouble.

And yes, I agree that there should be a small commission to avoid profiteering like that.

taekwondokid42

I am also in favor of a comission, but not anything greater than 15%.

The food market has seemed quite active to me. The troop market too has been very active but so far I've been mostly able to keep up with demand entirely at minimum price.

This isn't a fair round currently to determine if the minimum price is too high though because of the weird desertion dynmaic, so I don't want to make any conclusions. Pretty much everything I've been producing has been either been going on the market or into the storehouse, which would not be the case for me in a different setting.

But I've been selling troops very fast and making plenty of money, probably enough to indy a whole run without selling troops. So the market seems to be working pretty well.

Shadow

I made some behind-the-scenes tweaks to the market (slightly more efficient, exclude dead/disabled/vacation from selling). If I did my job right, you won't notice anything. If you do notice a change, please inform me!

Shadow

I just fixed a market bug where units at the same price but of different types were being treated as the same type. Thanks Firetooth for finding and promptly reporting it! I think it was caught before it had major impact on the game.