The Quirky Dynamics of Being Emperor

Started by taekwondokid42, July 02, 2013, 09:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taekwondokid42

Quote from: Pippin on July 04, 2013, 09:32:14 AM
Not allowing anyone to clan within the first 3 days could prevent that kind of domination from happening in the future

This actually sounds like a good idea. Will also prevent early kills, slow the land spread,

Pippin

I think so far this round after the taekdown everyones just somewhat peacefully netting which has actually been a nice change. Though I think taek took what the opposition said about his early lock maybe a bit personally which I don't think should happen to anyone, as he had the skill and the team to pull it off.

That being said 90% of people are trying new strats with farming/cashing I think, which kinda shows in the current net of the player base.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Shadow

Yeah. I think taek just decided to lock just as everyone decided they were sick of locks and everyone got madder than usual.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

taekwondokid42

Quote from: Shadow on July 05, 2013, 06:59:00 AM
Yeah. I think taek just decided to lock just as everyone decided they were sick of locks and everyone got madder than usual.

story of my liiiffeee.

lol it's also in my personality to take social dynamics more seriously.

I think another reason all the NW is so low this round is because 'locking' is the only decent way to keep any troop NW. When you get broken, you just lose all of your troops. But I think Shadow said he'd look into fixing soon, so it probably won't stay this way.

I was thinking, most of rwl really doesn't seem to like watching kills happen, so it's probably good to remove them from the game. A more competitive playerbase wouldn't like this, but rwl doesn't really seem to like the 'hardcore' high levels of aggression that involve constant takedowns, standard attacks, and cutthroat behavior. But especially killing.

So perhaps we should get rid of the mechanic and see what happens.

Shadow

I dunno. I kind of like when a theme screws everyone up so much they have to rethink their game. But you're probably right that this one does more harm than good as-is, so I'll change it as you suggest. Probably this evening or tomorrow.

Typhon

Quote from: taekwondokid42 on July 03, 2013, 09:26:25 AM
One idea that I had for making land-locks harder was to make it so that scouting produced land based on how much land was already in the game.

It's pretty much not worth your time to scout right now unless you are below 5k land. But if you make scouting more powerful, it'll be a tool available to warlords with lower land amounts so that they can keep up. If all the land gets collected into one place (IE emp) and gets locked down, scouting will be much more potent and the emping team will have to scrape regularly in order to hold their advantage. This gives them more places where they are vulnerable.

It's not a perfect solution but it makes resistance easier on low land. The trick would be finding some ramping equation such that scouting is still not usually worthwhile if you can collect most the land through attacking.
i know from experience this does not work. When holby was emp on reg, i was able to make something like 40k acres a run and only one or two of my teammates were able to run off it before his team took it all and added it to his montain.

Firetooth

Sevz also used lower players scouting to his advantage two rounds back, including Drakus' bug.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

taekwondokid42

Quote from: Typhon on July 05, 2013, 12:47:13 PM
Quote from: taekwondokid42 on July 03, 2013, 09:26:25 AM
One idea that I had for making land-locks harder was to make it so that scouting produced land based on how much land was already in the game.

It's pretty much not worth your time to scout right now unless you are below 5k land. But if you make scouting more powerful, it'll be a tool available to warlords with lower land amounts so that they can keep up. If all the land gets collected into one place (IE emp) and gets locked down, scouting will be much more potent and the emping team will have to scrape regularly in order to hold their advantage. This gives them more places where they are vulnerable.

It's not a perfect solution but it makes resistance easier on low land. The trick would be finding some ramping equation such that scouting is still not usually worthwhile if you can collect most the land through attacking.
i know from experience this does not work. When holby was emp on reg, i was able to make something like 40k acres a run and only one or two of my teammates were able to run off it before his team took it all and added it to his montain.

yeah I guess that makes sense.

Quote from: Shadow on July 05, 2013, 11:13:34 AM
I dunno. I kind of like when a theme screws everyone up so much they have to rethink their game. But you're probably right that this one does more harm than good as-is, so I'll change it as you suggest. Probably this evening or tomorrow.

If you leave it as-is I'll just revolt (my warlord) and treat this round like a no-barracks round (more or less). That's not an awful thing.

Shadow

I kept it taking all four troops but I raised the bar for desertions to 2.5x your net, and cut the amount taken in half for a given networth (so you only get 3% if they are 6x your net). Let me know how that changes things.

taekwondokid42

glad I read this before I ran lol. We'll see how it changes things.

Given that most people have a nifty chunk of NW sunk into money and food right now, I think it'll help a lot for the indys that are still around. But we'll have to see.

taekwondokid42

Do reverse desertions happen if you are clanned?

edit: clanned as in clanned-and-at-war-with-that-other-guys-clan

Shadow

Sevz

Quote from: Firetooth on July 05, 2013, 04:42:54 PM
Sevz also used lower players scouting to his advantage two rounds back, including Drakus' bug.
You wanna lie about me some more?

I reported it and didn't run until after others had taken advantage of the land. I was against his actions so get your facts right before you go labeling others.
I had control of the server before he scouted the land into the game for you all to harness against me.

Why would you publicly pinpoint me as a direct link to the act when I was on the end of the lineage? Are you being deliberately rude or are you so blind you need someone to blame?

If you need to, feel free to insult me directly in private. Dragging my name through the mud repeatedly without facing me is shameful. I'd much prefer convert your negative energy into a symbiotic positive for all of us than to be demonized by someone who made zero attempt to focus my attention on the answers you requested.

Drakus did scout and drop acres on the landfarm. I did not attack the landfarm for that land it was already in circulation long before I got my hands on it. This being said, Firetooth is now discredited as a reliable source of information.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

Firetooth didn't say you ordered the scouting, he said you benefited from it. Which is perfectly true, since it netted you an extra 120k land after the rest of the game got a single run off on it.

Firetooth

Yeah, I know you (sevz) didn't order it. I actually did, though I asked Drakus to do "a scouting run every day," not to abuse a bug to inject crazy land.  I was just saying you benefited, which you did.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.