development discussion

Started by Sevz, July 22, 2009, 06:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

can Shael add me to MSN?
freethewordz@ymail.com

something needs to be done about alot of things around here, it isn't to much of an issue to actually do just needs to be done properly first time.
just need some assistance on MSN and the code,
i can do most the ground work.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

Actually I think you're going to have to lay out your ideas first. Changes don't happen unless all the admins approve them first, so you'll have to let them all know. Best way would just be to post the ideas. I;ll talk to you on msn about it.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

Your not really PA or Wolf Bite in disguise are you Sevz?

Because if you are you can make all the backdoor code changes you want without any forum discussion!

Otherwise prepare to bash your head against a wall.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Sevz

hey juska, if it's like that how about we just ABUSE the tools we've got so they get off their [EDIT- please don't attempt to get around the word filters],

if i've gotta tick them off to get their own server upgraded i will, if not i don't plan on sticking around or getting new players here.

if you think i'm Peace Alliance in disguise that's a massive complement, thanks :D

Holby, modding
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

Lol you guys make it sound like the admins are malicious people out to ruin your game. They just have lives and can't be around to code in every whim you people get. Relax. If you have good ideas and you post them, they will get done, it's just a matter of time. Ruining the game for other people isn't going to get it done any faster.

Juska

Actually, the best way to get things done is to make the community outraged. If that means "abusing" code because it needs to be fixed then so be it.

My point was basically saying that a couple people have a lot of clout here no matter what their ideas are.
Current Empires:

Shadow

Not so at all. Although Peace has jumped the gun once or twice ^_^ but that's not an issue of having more clout. Ideas need to be balanced before they can be implemented. Your ideas are good starting points, but are so far pretty unbalanced, so there is no way they will get implemented as-is. Which is why I am arguing with you about them, so that we can balance them. The better we can make them before testing, the less coding time we need, which is really the bottleneck.

Juska

PA created the current race debacle that we have.
Current Empires:

Firetooth

Honestly guys take it to another thread :P This thread lost all relativity to the subject after about 3posts
Why don't you take it to development where it will get more attention?
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Juska

Technically this topic served it's first purpose fully when Shael posted, so it's not really like we are off topic anymore.
Current Empires:

Firetooth

This belongs in development either way not turbo discussion.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Juska

If your a moderator then split the topic and move it. Shadow is one and he's contributed to the posting here anyway.
Current Empires:

Shadow

Firetooth

Quote from: Juska on July 23, 2009, 01:23:47 PM
If your a moderator then split the topic and move it. Shadow is one and he's contributed to the posting here anyway.
Man I agree with Sevah, you can be pretty stuck up.

Juska

I just didn't see the point of moving the topic when everyone has been posting development ideas in it (including yourself and Shadow a moderator) once your initial request was responded to, seems like a bit of extra work for no reason.

But now that it's here.

Can you change the Thread title to something like Discussion of Attack Op and Code or something Shadow?
Current Empires: