development discussion

Started by Sevz, July 22, 2009, 06:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

i need direct communication with someone experienced and access to the code and the ability to edit it, of course my changes need to be double checked and absolutely correct before it takes place if it does, but i need someone to help speed up the process of me familiarizing exacts and where to go instead of searching useless data.
first thing is the races guide and abilities.
saying that there are ripple effects to these things
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

You'll have to talk to Shael or peace for that - you can download the code on the main page if you want to get a feel for it I think.

But post your ideas before you dive in head first tot he code, because the admins aren't going to give you access to the server code, you'll have to show them your changes and let Shael/windy/peace make the actual edits.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

QuoteActually, the best way to get things done is to make the community outraged. If that means "abusing" code because it needs to be fixed then so be it.

The vacation abuse issue still hasn't been fixed, to my knowledge. You could start there.

Shadow, about your idea to no longer be able to unmax people through open atk op... you do realize that you will be taking away the entire reason for that spell right? It was created because solo empires were untouchable after 21 attacks, and thus solo empires had a really stupidly large advantage over unclanned empires. If anything, we need to make the attack system less restrictive, not more.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juska

I think I'll take that advise Gen.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Shadow

Lol. Being childish isn't going to make our coders have less of a life. Good luck though. I don't think I'll rejoin til people stop being foolish about it. If anything, vacation abuse will just get you disabled.

If you want to actually work out your ideas properly, feel free to post and talk about them, because so far you have posted something and then gotten mad when it wasn't implemented within about a week. Which is ridiculous. You've been around long enough to know that these things take a long time, throwing a tantrum when you ideas aren't implemented immediately is only going to slow things down since we will be deprived of your input.

Sevz

i'm really not worried about politics

i'll be working on the changes that i want to see, thank you very much Shadow

my ideas will be streamed in the development threads
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

That was more directed at Juska than you lol.

Sevz

I was saying thank you for being honest through this forum and helping me with the topic

some changes have been made already and more are due to happen as things go
you pointed me in the right direction