Sack

Started by Genevieve, November 21, 2009, 01:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Death

Would someone who actually knows post the numbers?

Genevieve

*grumble grumble* sack is overpowered... stupid war settings. lost approx 30% of my resources in 9 hours.

idunno

it seems to take about .4% of their food and cash, thats not very much.

Honestly, get some defenses and leave the sack the way it is now. You can be gaining significant ammounts of cash, even up to 1 tril despite people constantly sacking you.  Deal with it.

edit: and the only reason its a problem for you this round is the fact that everyone has you set to war ;)

Holby

My main issue with Sack is that there's no point to putting up a defense against it.

The way Turbo is at the moment, every single one of your troops are destroyed after about 20 attacks. Given the Turbo environment, you expect to face at least double that amount every run. Which means spending 20~ bil putting up a defense that only exists for half of the attacks you'll face. That's an investment you don't get anything from. This is not the case in reg, the losses are MUCH smaller.

None of us are silly enough to presume a leader player can stop an indyer from taking their land, regardless of whether they buy out their mercs. Now, you can't even stop a leader player, purely because the first attacker leaves nothing for you to defend with.
I will not deleted this

Shadow

That's a problem with losses and defenses rather than sack, though.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Holby

Quote from: Shadow on May 28, 2010, 07:29:49 AM
That's a problem with losses and defenses rather than sack, though.
Yeah, excellent point.

I'm of the opinion that Sacks should only be available for Standard Attack, but its % take is higher. That makes putting up a defense viable, and stops leader players doing it to other leader players.
I will not deleted this

Shadow

as things are now, standard attack is almost as damaging to the attacker as defender - we would need to loook at the losses system in detail if we did that.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Holby

Yeah, I still think it's a reasonable move, though. It would stop the leader players using it, which is my main concern. We need to look at losses anyway given that Turbo is broken.
I will not deleted this

Twilight Shadow

Turbo is broken?

Holby

Quote from: Twilight Shadow on May 28, 2010, 09:39:05 PM
Turbo is broken?
Some of the code is different between Reg and Turbo.
I will not deleted this