Help...

Started by Tessina, August 31, 2004, 10:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessina

Whenever I do anything, scout loot whatever, I always end up with more money lost than earned, and even though I still think my net goes up, it's little, and I don't like those negative numbers. Any help?

Ashaman

too many troops?  Not enough market/huts to generate income to support them?  Sell troops to raise income?

windhound

mmk..
is this your first time playing?  sounds a bit like it..  if so welcome ^_^

Wolf Bite made a spiffy journal with good strats in it..  but, unfortunatly, the server it was put on seems to be having difficulties..  the topic is pinned to the top of the stratagy forum..

for now, what you'll need to do is use whatever money you have now to construct markets..  thoes will make money, and you'll need foragers for food..  once you get an economy that isnt so negative you can build barracks for troops (rats/weasels/stoats/skiffs) you can change the amount made of these troops under the 'manage army' link on the side bar..  and huts make leaders..  which are very useful but somewhat finniky..  

if you need cash/food feel free to message Firefox (#226)

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

wolf bite

*Checks the journal site, pokes Holby to fix it*

There are many ways to play this game; the best one to start with is an army strategy so you get the hang of it. It sounds like you are in one. You will find windhound, and others, will be there to send you aid when you get in trouble, be careful not to get dependant on aid because it may not always be available when you need it.

Also keep in mind that sometimes one number has to go do to bring another number up. So things like loss of workers and minor loss of food and money is acceptable, if not constant.

Ashaman gave you an emergency fix to get you on the right tract, windy gave you more in how you should manage your player. Both are right.  If you are new, you will find that many clans will ?big brother? you in that they will help you with strategies if you join their clan. Pick wisely as you interview potential clans.

And welcome to the community.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Itha Dragonslayer

And when Wolf says pick wisely, he means don't run and join Sworn or Loren. Your a beginner, and I don't suggest joining either clan since it is a big war going on right now. Unfortunatly, there are only like 5 clans in the whole game that are in higher ranks, in the past there were many. I suggest joining a smaller clan right now, since Loren, SE, Blades, and Sworn are in a war, and you may be hit badly if you joined any of the four. I suggest joining this clan...um Mercenary Clan or something. They are about the best clan in lower ranks, and a few of them aren't horrible and can help you some. If you had joined at a more peaceful time, Loren would be a good choice, or blades. Sworn is new and have only ever been warlike, and I don't know of SE enough to say anything. But I suggest Mercenary right now.  

Juska

If you want have some fun(and kill Loren) join with Sworn were the best there is......course if you'd rather not play in a warring envirment my advice is go unclanned and just mesage people for help/aid most will give you some advice or money.

What race are you?

Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Holby

Fubblermangltruck. It's been down for a couple weeks, have no control over it. Have to stick it on a free one till I get new site.

http://home.graffiti.net/tr_julie:graffiti.net/
I will not deleted this

Tessina

I'm a ferret. And my expenses is more than my income, adn my workers is negative. Building more markets doesn't seem to help much.

Hey, thanks guys. Yeah, I'm new. This is a lot of fun. Glad to be here.

RazorClaw

Um, yeah, build markets...

Itha Dragonslayer

Sell some of your armies, or attack people to get more land to build into markets.  

fingo

Don't worry about your workers being negative. They don't do much.
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

windhound

^__^
or dont attack people as the case may be...  you currently have a 12% sucess rate..  might want to build atleast one troop type up first..
oh, and general attack info:
-Gurilla- rats
-Bombardment- weasels
-Frontal- stoats
-navel- skiffs
-standard-sends all

my suggustion is to specialize in one troop type, even if you decide to keep amounts of the others around..  you'll need to build up one to break...  rats are a good starter, skiffs the worst starter, but skiffs are good 'cause htey wont be killed off as fast...

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Morzan

Got to the side bar and click on Manage Army. Ussally rat massers are best for beginners. Put 100% or so next to rats, 0 for everything else. Also, put up your tax to like 15% to get a little more money.  
For every end, there is a new beginning.  This one shall have no endings, and no new beginnings shall come forth.

~Magnus Proditor~

RazorClaw

Or you can use the game guide, like us mortals... 'Course, I tried to use the game guide and it took me 4 accounts to get to the top ten, hehe.

Juska

QuoteDon't worry about your workers being negative. They don't do much.

Don't know the finer points of the game do you?

Ferret is a ok race.

If your losing money you can: 1. sell your armies 2. Loot with leaders 3. Up your taxes(I like 40%) 4. make more tents/markets. 5. Demolish some barracks so you get loset roops per turn.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19