Bug

Started by Gen. Volkov, February 19, 2005, 05:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

Ok. Deathclax is has found a bug and is exploiting it. DC and Nohc joined Wrath. There is no appointed leader. He is dead. I was on watching as they joined, and than left it. No leader means they couldn't have been booted out. So that means they are exploiting a bug of some sort. Is my logic faulty or does this need to be fixed?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Deathclaw

I'm not exploiting a bug, neither is Nohc. Wolf Bite: if you want to find out more, PM me, and I'll explain. I don't want to post it here, because it takes away my advantage in times of war.

Sorry if y'all think I'm using a bug, but I'm not.  
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Maximus Preliator

So you found out something going around the system? The whole point of the leader booting thing is so you can't do kill runs without being leader.  

Deathclaw

I'm not exploiting a bug, I'm not cheating.

Nohcnonk

Sorry, we just straight up killed your guys. XD

wolf bite

I watched it. Sent mail to Deathclaw.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Deathclaw

Responded to the PM. I ask that you do not tell everyone how it is done. Thank you.

wolf bite

We are working on it to decide if it is a bug, etc .....

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Deathclaw

There is no way its a bug. If you decide anything, let me know first, and let me respond with something, and if you disallow it please do not do so without hearing me out.

Maximus Preliator

If you are deciding if it is or is not a bug, even one that they don't realize about, can you at least ask them not to use it until you figure it out? Because they just did another kill run using it.

Deathclaw

He asked us, but after the run. And anyway, it is not a bug, anyone can do it, its not cheating.

Gen. Volkov

It is when the clan has no alive members but you can still use it to make runs. that's exploiting a bug. And the fact that an Asst. can boot himself is also something that shouldn't be. The system may let you do it, but its still not right. DC is cheating and should be penalized.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Deathclaw

I WAS NOT (wash my mouth out with soap)ING CHEATING! The game allowed it, and I should not be penalized for it. The assistant should be able to remove himself, there is nothing wrong with that.

wolf bite

I know you are getting emotional over this, but please keep down the swearwords in the posts and on PMs.

I have asked Retto, he has said that the program never intended to have people join dead clans. Because someone found a way to use the program that was not intended, it is a bug. Finding and using a flaw in the program should only be punishable if the person knew or should have known that it was against the rules. That decision is up to Retto and Shael since this is on reg server.

But either way, it has now been officially stated that no one may ever join a dead clan ? per Retto.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Deathclaw

So I wasn't cheating, and I am not gonna keep down the swear words if he accuses me of cheating.