Previous topic - Next topic

Orcrist

On the manage army page:

Troop Training
Leaders    %
Guards    %
Police    %
Border Patrol    %

Near the bottom. What is this? A  new feature that is going to be set?
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

wolf bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Orcrist

So this is what I got:
Leaders can decrease losses by up to 33%
- Leaders can increase OP by up to 12% or decrease it by up to about 34%
- Border Patrol increases Group 1 Defense by up to 50%
- Border Patrol increases Group 2 Defense by up to 25%
- Border Patrol increases Group 3 Defense by up to 10%
- Police can increase losses up to 20%
- Police can decrease sacked food by up to 80%
- Guards can increase effectiveness of towers by up to 300

Thanks! Sounds cool. What are the % of each troop production that leads to these effects? Like is it 100% leaders and 0 others to get losses decreased by 33% and OP up by 12%?
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

wolf bite

This is all I have which retto gave me long ago.  I just kind of assume that it is good to have settings set.

For example, police can increase losses up to 20%.  I would assume if is not your armies which have increased losses. I would also assume that Retto was talking about when someone attacked you, not when you attacked them. But am I sure? There is no way to test it besides reading the code, which I don't do.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Shadow

These values really overcomplicate several spects of the game, leader takedowns among them. I move that they simply be removed from the game altogether. Thoughts?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

White Fang

They are rather simple once you get them down, and very useful in the right situations. They should definitely stay, IMO.

Shadow

wolf bite I would like to have a chat with you about these vis a vis unbalanced math and how easy it is to exploit these values. I think leader fighters already have far too great an edge in this game, and these settings make it ridiculously unbalanced if you understand them. I'll catch you online sometime. Or should it be Peace I talk to about this? or Shael?

The Lady Shael

Wolf is good to talk to on strategy and the current set up of the game... you can talk to him first and get it all worked out. Peace is kind of like the game developer, so if you want something changed in the game, you bring it to him and finalize it. I'm just the coder, I know nothing about gameplay. XD
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Peace Alliance

From my point of view, the troop training was a mistake to add into the game. The long term vision for RWL is a game that is refined, not overcomplicated. These settings are hard to grasp, and they also make figuring out attacks very challenging.

Shadow

exactly my point. if anyone needs more convincing i can argue mathematics with wolf bite until he sees our point of view 8-)

wolf bite

Shadow. I will be happy to go over them with you.  Understand that they were put in (and so was the sack) so that a player could adjust their account to their stratagy because already the leader strat was over powered. We have since even powered the leaders more. This is an example of making new things to adjust for something wrong, rather than just fixing what is wrong.  I am a bit busy for a few days, I will find you on line. untill then, have you figgured out what Retto's criptic meanings mean?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Shadow

I know that "reduces losses by 34%" for leaders reduces the leaders you lose in a leader fight. This makes it almost impossible to open atk op on a leader fighter with 21 suicides unless you can match or exceed their land. It is already difficeult to take down a stoat since you can only pull it off before they get broken even without this setting. If these were intended as a way to take some of the power away from leader fighters, they produced the exact opposite effect. I would venture to say that unclanned, I could use these to go through a round without ever being broken via leader suicides unless there was a large group of people dedicated to nothing else trying to take me down 24/7.

I don't think you need me to show you the math for this, but if you want to see what I came up with I'll run through it soon.

Peace Alliance

But the troop training doesn't help indy players, it helps leader players be even more unbreakable.

Stoat is somewhat more powerful then Wolf used to be, but thats been fixed... So i wouldn't say leaders have been made even more powerful then they already were.

The reason leader-strats will forever be better then indy ones is because if you can break somebody with leaders, you pretty much have them beat no matter what they do.

Shadow

I'm interested to see how the changes to stoat affect leader strats. More math for me 8-)

White Fang

What was changed? Because from what I'm seeing, Stoat still beats Wolf, hands-down, in production, recovery speed, leader defense, and leader offenses.