New training settings? What is this?

Started by Orcrist, November 06, 2007, 08:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kell

why not interduce a different attack limit on all the races right now everybody in 21, but since shadows maths say stoat is impossible (or near enough impossible and ill never doubt that kids maths) why not make it stoats don't max until 35 attack? would that solve the problem?
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Shadow

It would, but I think just removing training settings is a much simpler answer. Only a very few people in the game use them.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

a simpler answer to more then one question.

wolf bite

I fully agree that the way it is does not work. But it did at one time. The reason for it was to protect market people from being sacked. but then sack was invented to try to even out the leaders doing HPR (food massing) which was made posible because it was fixing a different problem which fixed a different problem. 

So by taking away the whole troubp trianing you will be also weakening the other strategies. 

I see 2 fixes

1) wait until we un fix all the advantages we have given to the leaders, then see if we even need to take away troup training.

2) Make it so that leaders require themselves to have 100% of their troop training just be have a normal operating leaders stratagy.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Shadow

Or just get rid of the reduced losses one. The reduced food loss in sacks is fine, the only one that messes things up is leaders.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

wolf bite

But then the leader players could also defend against sack. Sack is a downfall to leaders and we need to keep the downfalls for an over powered strat. So they would need to be forced to use their 100% on something else.

Personally I think sack should only be an option only when standard is used. I have a lot of changes I would like to make to the game. But Shael's time needs to be directed to unbreak what some changes have done and to make the game usable for all the new people who are joining before we chase them away.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles