This is how not to lose money...

Started by , January 18, 2003, 09:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok, for all you people that are losing 500k or even 1k a turn, i have the answer to your problems.

Build many, many, many camps and markets...Also, sell troops and demolish barraks!

It's as simple as that, so, as you can see, don't overdo it with troops if you don't have the camps to support it. Got that? As well, Be extra careful with a reace like wildcat because they lose even more money than the rest.. Hope it helped. If you need any more help, PM #910.

This may seem like a really stupid question, but...
How do you sell stuff????

This may seem like a really stupid question, but...
How do you sell stuff????

Menatus

Go to market or mercenaries. You get more money selling on the market, but it takes over 6 hours.

And, Cheeeeesy, what if you're loosing 6,000,000 a turn? Not "as easy as that". My economy is skyrocketing now but it wasn't as easy as that.

Slynder Talderhash

You either go to mercenaries or market. There's a link near the top that leads to the sell area. Same idea as destroying structures.
~By the Warlord Stoat, Slynder Talderhash~
~Commanding Officer, Imperial Regiment 54~
-First among those loyal to the Falcon
-Commanding General, Royal Army of Faltriadary

-Warrior of Old ~WOD~

Ah, but who am I now?

Retto

Go to the Public or Private Market, and go to "Sell Goods" (it's along the top of the table), then you can insert the amount of troops or food you would like to sell.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Menatus

It's Mercenaries and Market instead of Public and Private market in this game.

Yea, i know i made it sound easy, but people so exagerated (yes i did too) about how hard it was to pull up. You sell mercs, demolish barracks, build camps. Simple.

calria

cheeesy, dahlink, methinks you're oversimplifying.

here's a trick, though- if, say, you loose a lot of land to attacks, and so your economy is dead, you can go into market before you take any turns and sell off as many troops as you need to to be in the green again. Then, attack underlings like crazy, and when the troops come up to be removed a while later, your NW will raise a LOT jsut from those troops. Useful, because then you can come out of nowhere to retal.

Holby

I've never had enough troops to sell. The best day was when I was given aid for the bounty on Tarsonis, and got 90000 skiffs. That was about all I owned at the time before I received it.
I've never had many troops. I like leaders, though. But I haven't had much more than 100000 of them at once.
I will not deleted this

Fenix

Cheeesy, I find your answer stupid. Camps do NOTHING for your economy pretty much.
Right now, i have 28k markets, 32k barracks, and 6k tents... I'm making sufficient money on loot.
Don't give bad advice if you don't know how to play the game, becaues if you demolish your barracks and sell your troops people WILL attack you for free land!! why don't you demolish those guard towers and turn them into markets? Leave the barracks!
BTW, I have about 680 camps, although they do reduce the costs of maintaining your military, it does only work up to 1/3rd of the amount of 'racks you have(I think) and reduce merc prices.

Good day.

Holby

And everybody loves attacking Fenix with leaders- remember that :D

Good night.
I will not deleted this

Trident

WWWWAAAAAIIIIITTT!   Raise your tax rate to get more money, too!   :D  

Tenchi Masaki

yeah, then make your soldiers angry and leave...taxes is not the awnser.

15% tax is the best, you still get vermin from across mossflower to join your cause...

I agree with Fenix, looting is a good way to gain money.

but heres a question. why are there two ways to use loot. either by clicking on Generals orders
Tenchi Masaki , leader of Warriors of the Forgotten Realm
also known as Star Fox : mercenary division (#493)

Member of CAFIPUBEC at the forums! Sigmaker

"a wise man once said that one should not eat raisins but , should in fact smoke them."

"If you can't Surprize them with Knowlege, then you can bafle them with bull ****"