Difference in Locations?

Started by Vandora, March 28, 2003, 10:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandora

I really hate to post something like this on the forum, but  I have gone through the game guide looking for any clues, but have found none.  I have only found one mention of there being any difference between the different locations.  That is from Retto and his Happy Pony Raiser strategy found on the login page.

"With this strategy, it is important to get to the northlands as fast as possible (it gives an 80% bonus to scouting. "

Is this correct?  Northland gives more land when scouting?  Do any of the other locations have any unique advantages or disadvantages?

If anyone has any ideas about this, please respond.

Holby

Yeah, Northlands gives more, but you also lose more land when attacked.
That's as far as my knowledge goes...
I will not deleted this

I think your economy is better when you're in Mossflower, but I'm not sure...

Menatus

Retto had it posted somewhere on the old board, but that's gone now. Here's what I know.

Northlands - 80% scouting bonus. You lose a lot more land when attacked, though.
Mossflower - Most averaged out. I forgot the bonus.
Southsward - Attacks don't take as much land. There's some kind of bonus here, too.

I've been asking, but no one tells me the rest.

Blackeyes

I know you get more leaders in Southsward but less in Mossflower and Northlands  
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Badrang the Tyrant

I have learned none of this until I read Retto's strategy.  But I think each area has a certain amount of land.  I noticed that when I moved from Southsward to Mossflower that I got more land for each turn scouting.

fingo

I ask this ages ago and this is what I was told.

"The best location depends entirely on your strategy and personal preference. If you consider leaders to be very important, then Southsward is your best bet, while if you find that economy and leaders are at an even level, Mossflower is best, and fast-growing economy junkies should head for the Northlands. The ironic part is that you need leader capacity to get to a place where leaders aren't emphasized."
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

Badrang the Tyrant

Holby

I remember that, too.
Who was it? Hmm. Shael? Menatus? Beatles?
*Thinks*
I will not deleted this

fingo

Can't remember who told me.
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not