Congrats... Not Really

Started by Xenzik, June 14, 2011, 10:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Whatever. What's done is done. Yes. You're right, threats are common on this site and you guys have developed thick skins. Sure. It wasn't really "whining", more of an overreaction (although when someone complains about being attacked we always refer to that as "whining" whether you classify it as a threat or not). You chased a new member from our site who otherwise would have stayed and that doesn't make us happy on any account. Don't try to justify yourself by saying "oh she would have left anyway" or "if she can't handle it then she deserved it"....that is the exact attitude that killed off all the other promi sites. The only reason we're still around after nearly 9 years is because of the encouragement and helpfulness we show to our new members.

(also yes, Xenzik is a girl)
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Night Wolf

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 17, 2011, 06:25:04 AM
Don't try to justify yourself by saying "oh she would have left anyway" or "if she can't handle it then she deserved it"
Did I say anthing like that? All I said was I threatened her to stop being annoying, what she did after that I have no control of.

The Lady Shael

That, is what we call a pre-emptive strike, to prevent you from arguing anything like that. It was the next logical step in your argument and had already been mentioned by several people.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Shadow

Bottom line: don't threaten newbies. We have a hard enough time getting new players without being jerks to them once they are here. If you want to threaten someone, do it to someone you know has been here a long time and won't care. Or just don't threaten at all.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Night Wolf

Quote from: Shadow on June 17, 2011, 11:21:51 AM
Bottom line: don't threaten newbies. We have a hard enough time getting new players without being jerks to them once they are here. If you want to threaten someone, do it to someone you know has been here a long time and won't care. Or just don't threaten at all.
Dont teach newbies to sack with every attack of every run, ever think of that?
Maybe had you guys told her that people dont take sacks to kindly to them she would have been more carefull and thus gotten fewer threats? Just a thoght...

The Lady Shael

Everyone has a different philosophy about sacks, it's silly to assume everyone should abide by your own rules.

NW, you lost this argument a long time ago and the more you try to argue and justify yourself, you keep digging yourself in a deeper hole. Save yourself some face, stop trying to argue, and move on.

Firetooth

I think NW's tone was a bit too aggressive, but complaining because he sent a threat in a war game is extreme. You complain because nobody treats it like a wargame anymore with troop holes and such, yet you complain when people offer retaliation for losing net? NW didn't know how Xenzik would react. Had he known she would've quit, he probably wouldn't have sent the message.

As I said, I think she overeacted, but what's done is done. Competitive games like this just aren't some peoples thing, unfortunately.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Sigh.

NW, please understand the original point made by Shael. We go to a lot of effort to attract new players here and keep them once they are. It is very frustrating when our members work against us like this.

I will never teach a new player not to use a game feature that is there to make the game better. Your response to this game feature should be to use other game features to respond, not send nasty messages.

Maybe you didn't know she would react like that. That's not the point, and in fact it is entirely irrelevent. You should not have tested her reaction in the first place. You should have just responded ingame.

Please, in future interactions with people you know are new players, bear this in mind.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ruddertail

Edit: I feel like this might be better handled via MSN. Shadow, Shael, would one or both of you mind chatting about this this evening?
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Dark Claws

Quit blaming NW, because yeah you probably shouldn't threaten someone, but really. I know I am sounding ungrateful for the work new people present (I'm only new on the forums, been in reg since last server) but I when I was new I remember sending stupid threats to people when I was still in protection (I had no idea what to do). My point is here that yeah it was wrong of NW to threaten but it's kind of stupid to leave from a message. I mean, it's a stinkin' war! What else do you expect? I hear worse threats on my bus.
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant

Kilkenne

Quote from: Dark Claws on June 17, 2011, 06:40:04 PM
Quit blaming NW, because yeah you probably shouldn't threaten someone, but really. I know I am sounding ungrateful for the work new people present (I'm only new on the forums, been in reg since last server) but I when I was new I remember sending stupid threats to people when I was still in protection (I had no idea what to do). My point is here that yeah it was wrong of NW to threaten but it's kind of stupid to leave from a message. I mean, it's a stinkin' war! What else do you expect? I hear worse threats on my bus.

no more posting for you young man

Night Wolf

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 17, 2011, 12:15:50 PM
Everyone has a different philosophy about sacks, it's silly to assume everyone should abide by your own rules.

NW, you lost this argument a long time ago
funny seemed like more people were agreeing I did nothing wrong than there were saying I was in the wrong.
Quote from: Shadow on June 17, 2011, 02:45:44 PM
Your response to this game feature should be to use other game features to respond, not send nasty messages.
Fine next time ill just murder/poison whoever into oblivion without warnign that will be AWESOME at keeping new members ::)
this.

I will never teach a new player not to use a game feature that is there to make the game better.
I never said dont teach them to never use sack, teach them that using EVERY ATTACK can have consequences

windhound

Quote from: Night Wolf on June 17, 2011, 10:17:33 PM
this.

I will never teach a new player not to use a game feature that is there to make the game better.
I never said dont teach them to ever use sack, teach them that using EVERY ATTACK can have consequences

I'm confused.
We actually want to teach our newbies that attacks don't have consequences.  Many of them get very upset when their land gets taken, even though its not a big deal.  Land gets passed around quite a bit, they've just gotta learn how to take it back.
Now you're saying that we should teach newbies to never attack? 
Landgrabs should never have consequences. 
Sack is a part of the game, as is capture.  If you're stacking cash/food defend it or be prepared to lose some, the game doesn't guarantee you unlimited safe storage.  If a newbie is breaking you this clearly means you have terrible defenses.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Night Wolf

Never said anything about not attacking  :-\
Or didnt mean it to sound that way what i meant was when they use sack with every attack people are going to get upset

Holby

Quote from: Night Wolf on June 17, 2011, 10:17:33 PM
Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 17, 2011, 12:15:50 PM

NW, you lost this argument a long time ago
funny seemed like more people were agreeing I did nothing wrong than there were saying I was in the wrong.
Your response to this game feature should be to use other game features to respond, not send nasty messages.
Fine next time ill just murder/poison whoever into oblivion without warnign that will be AWESOME at keeping new members ::)
this.

I never said dont teach them to ever use sack, teach them that using EVERY ATTACK can have consequences

You're just contradicting yourself.

It might be time to admit you screwed up, and apologise for chasing one of our most promising members away.

If you want to be treated with any kind of respect from the senior members of our community, now is the time to act.

Otherwise, feel free to keep making posts that would embarrass someone half your age.
I will not deleted this