Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

How is it against the rules?
Can we get an admin here?

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on November 05, 2011, 04:56:09 PM
How is it against the rules?
Can we get an admin here?

Let me see, making large amounts of land and net untouchable to other players, how on earth would that be against the rules? :P

You're new though, so I'm not annoyed at you, but as a vet Ryu would know at the least there was a chance vaca'ing Rakey was illegal.

@ Briar if this was first time I wouldn't be harsh, but Ryu has been playing promi for several years, and this isn't his first offense.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Rakefur

Hey if I knew it was illegal I wouldnt have done it. Anyway if I come out, I can still protect my net.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Uiblis

Quote from: Rakefur on November 05, 2011, 05:15:59 PM
Hey if I knew it was illegal I wouldnt have done it. Anyway if I come out, I can still protect my net.

That's not the point. The point is Firetooth is annoyed because your clan was abusing the rules.

But Firetooth, I wouldn't go so quick to just ban Ryu, which isn't really fair. You can't prove that Ryu was the one who came up with the idea to vaca the net, unless an admin checks the messages or something.

Course, that hasn't happened yet, so until somebody does check this all out, let it go. Don't rage-quit either.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Shadow

There has been a lot of debate about this one. The general consensus is that it is code abuse, but it is very hard to judge intention and so we never really enforced it. However, in this case, you guys stated clearly that you are vacationing to protect net. And that is code abuse, at the end of the day.

So please come out of vacation and play the game fairly.

Please don't make us make yet another code abuse rule or code it out...
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Rakefur

Ok man, I'm sorry.

QuoteThis account is in vacation mode and cannot be played for another 23 hours.

Shadow

No, you're right that we never made it officially against the rules (I thought we had, but I guess we never made it formal). So I am just asking, I am not speaking in official capacity at the moment. It is just fair play, really.

If it becomes a problem with people doing this then we will have to code it out, change vacation, make a rule official or something, but there are so many better ways to spend coding time that it is just better for all concerned if people just don't do it out of the goodness of their hearts :)

Firetooth

November 05, 2011, 04:14:43 PM - Ryu - Course we positioned him into protection mode for a reason. We gonna run wild Smiley

Can't prove it, but Ryu more or less runs the clan and is there only real vet, so it makes sense it was him, and that message suggests it.

Also, the only reason you guys even managed a kill, the easiest of takedowns, is because we're offguard and inactive. Even then...

Date/Time    Attacker    Defender    Outcome
Sat, 05 Nov 2011 18:13:35 -0600    Essence of Life and Death (#252)
Clan: -WAR-    Sharptooth (#27)
Clan: Agency    Standard Attack
Defense Held
Sat, 05 Nov 2011 18:10:48 -0600    Essence of Life and Death (#252)
Defense Held
Sat, 05 Nov 2011 18:09:40 -0600    Essence of Life and Death (#252)
Defense Held
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Rakefur

Ryu was the one who suggested it, but I don't think he knew it was against the rules.

Shadow

Again, I was wrong when I said it was against the rules - I thought we had decided that ages ago but the rest of the staff corrected me ^_^. My point here is that there really is no fun in vacationing to protect networth, and it is a pain for other players.

Rakefur

OK is there any way you can take me out? I have 10 hours left, so if its too much of a hassel...

Shadow

Surprisingly, I can't ^_^. Not from the admin panel anyway. I am sure there is a way hidden somewhere.

Don't worry about it, just come out at your convenience :)

Gen. Volkov

By which he means as soon as you can.

Im not trying to get into a war with Temple and I know they are a very good clan, I just find it annoying that people still consider us noobs and yet we have the top clan in the game.

Do you think you'd have the most net if TEMPLE cared even one iota about who did? LOL. TEMPLE had nearly all it's net destroyed because someone accidentally sent it to an indy, and it got murdered away. (This is why we are unhappy with Agency) However, we have gotten all the net back, and then some, and currently we are the #1 clan in both average and total NW. It took about two runs. So really not all that impressed with WAR's fairly static NW.

Just because a WAR player is currently in first, it does not mean that WAR is the top clan.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Rakefur

Actually at the time of this topic, we were the top clan.  :wink:

Briar

And yet a mere 22 min. later, TEMPLE is ( in terms of both average and total NW.)
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?