Reset

Started by Ian2424, February 21, 2013, 02:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoot

So they should leave all the net on them to take massive upkeep losses, and risk losing it all to this game's worst loophole imaginable (leader suicide + murder/poison spamming?)

Yea okay... thats just dumb lol

Wolf Snare

no, I /actually/ had to come down within range to attack you guys.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

What's the fun of kills? Somehow spamming attacks is more interesting than spamming leader suicides?

When you guys want to actually have an interesting battle do let me know.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

Quote from: Shoot
So they should leave all the net on them to take massive upkeep losses, and risk losing it all to this game's worst loophole imaginable (leader suicide + murder/poison spamming?)

He had next to no troops. He wouldn't be taking any upkeep losses.

Quote from: Wolf Snareno, I /actually/ had to come down within range to attack you guys.

Why would you in the first place? If you were so far above us that we couldn't even attack you, why in the heck would you dump net?

Oh, and that's freaking weak, having Boris gather up 300k land and then go on vaca. Way to abuse the vacation function, yet again.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

As an outside view, I still struggle to see how it is legal for this vacation abuse to continue? I know it's difficult to determine if somebody is genuinely on vaca, or if they are abusing it, but in cases like this when it is obvious...
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shoot

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on April 05, 2013, 07:04:47 AM
Quote from: Shoot

He had next to no troops. He wouldn't be taking any upkeep losses.

Quote from: Wolf Snareno, I /actually/ had to come down within range to attack you guys.

Why would you in the first place? If you were so far above us that we couldn't even attack you, why in the heck would you dump net?

Oh, and that's freaking weak, having Boris gather up 300k land and then go on vaca. Way to abuse the vacation function, yet again.

So he'd still have to take massive shame losses to hit that low if he's even allowed considering you dont clan (or at least stay in a clan).

Also, weren't you trying to break people then immediately retoggling vacation after failing to avoid retribution not long ago? I seem to recall this happening at least twice fairly recently. I guess it's okay if you do it since the abuse "wasnt as bad" though.

@Firetooth - Simplest solution would be to disable the vacation feature, and let vacation happen on idled out players only. Policing the use of in-game features is impractical, and would result in unnecessary drama. What would happen if one person who "obviously" abused vacation gets busted, yet another person who did it does not? What would happen if somebody genuinely was going on vacation and got busted?

Shadow

I don't recall volkov ever abusing vacation... I think his account idled out once during the time I was doing midterms, if that's what you are referring to. It's abundantly clear that what is happening on reg is not due to idle-out.

Anyway, yes, we should remove vacation and make it idle-out only. Last time I proposed it many people disagreed with me. Maybe it's time to revisit that idea?

Anyway, I appreciate that you guys freely admit that you aren't good enough to actually compete with me without resorting to kills, but since when did the "no kills on reg" thing become not a thing?

Wolf Snare

It's just strategy bud. Now you're stuck at the bottom unable to attack anyone for three days, while I am about to make another 700 bil cash. See? If you guys were smart you'd kill me and my 600 bil food.... But you're not.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Typhon

Why kill you and all those beautiful resources when I can just sack the poo out of you?
That way I kinda help myself AND damage you . Seems pretty dumb to kill all that cash that could help m out ???

Gen. Volkov

Quote from: ShootSo he'd still have to take massive shame losses to hit that low if he's even allowed considering you dont clan (or at least stay in a clan).

That's called missing the point. At 10 bil NW, he was out of range to even be able to hit Shadow or I, and we couldn't hit him. He was sitting on 650k land that we couldn't touch. Dropping his net to hit us was the dumbest possible thing he could have done.

QuoteAlso, weren't you trying to break people then immediately retoggling vacation after failing to avoid retribution not long ago? I seem to recall this happening at least twice fairly recently. I guess it's okay if you do it since the abuse "wasnt as bad" though.

No.

Quote from: Wolf SnareIt's just strategy bud. Now you're stuck at the bottom unable to attack anyone for three days, while I am about to make another 700 bil cash. See? If you guys were smart you'd kill me and my 600 bil food.... But you're not.

Or we can steal your cash, buy your food, steal your cash again, buy your food again, and then we when have all your food and cash, sell all your food for more cash, and buy out the markets, setting one of us up as emp.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The white Knight

or just let him ruin his nw... not the best emp i've seen but somehow stayed the longest >.>

Shadow

The last actual emperor we had was Holby and we took over for almost a year.

Drakus

I disagree with disabling vacation. Land is constantly poured into the system, and many players actually ned the vacation system. I suggest goodbeasts periodically striking the top 2 people.
meow

Shadow

The suggestion isn't to disable vacation entirely, it is to make it so that players go into vacation automatically after a week of not logging in instead of being able to go into it whenever they please.

I mean, Shoot just took 200k land into vacation with him, and he's not even pretending it's legitimate...

Holby

Quote from: Shadow on April 08, 2013, 07:29:16 PM
The last actual emperor we had was Holby and we took over for almost a year.
Oh yeah, I remember that!
I will not deleted this