RWL: Commanders - Round 5

Started by Peace Alliance, November 06, 2004, 08:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

What Is commanders?
RWL: Commanders is an exhibition game. A server is run for an entire weekend with massive turns. Sign up and try your best to stay on top of what will surely be a brutal battle between warlords. The is ran the same as any other RWL server, only it is much faster. On top of that, there are usually some fun tweaks added to the game. You should always take a look at what those tweaks are.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Commaders round 5 is going to be a special one. I've put a lot of thought into balencing the game. With turns as fast as commanders are, balence is almost impossible. however the steps i've taken will hopefully balence it for good. This round, commanders might be a little harder for you to gain networth. land will be very important in doing so. There will be a list of all the changes that will be made for this round in commanders for balencing but before that I'd like to give you a little storyline into what you'll be getting involved with when you sign up.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Story Line
Millions of years after what could only be called brutal vermin worefare that raged on for eras there was a new kind of war. Now, after animals had evolved into humans, and the world had been flooded. Everything was far more advanced. War moved faster then ever. Seconds you have it all, seconds later its lost. There was little that could be done. The commanders tryed their hardest to keep what they had.

But there was a threat the commanders didn't know about. Something that threatened everyone in their flooded world. Something they were only beginning to understand. For in this new world of high speed warfare there was one thing the commanders couldn't fine. That, was the mole.

The mole had been out of reach from the commanders since the beginning of time. Not because of its size, power of money. but because of its mystery. Nobody knew where it was... who it was... or even what it was. But now, with recent events, a new push has been put on the commanders to find the mole. Will you be the one who discovers the mole? will you be the one to finally find out the true mystery of its powers? possibly posses them as your own?

Sign up for commanders will begin around the 21st of october. The exhibition will be held on the 26th - 27th of november. Sign up to play in what will hopefully be a balenced exhibition, where you will compete with all your might for glory, and try to find the mole.

The changes that are being made to balence the game as as follows:

- markets produse half the money they do now.
- it so huts only make a max of 50 leaders, and only store 75 leaders.
- a land farm
- towers worth double their defensive points
- food worth as much NW as money
- city's worth more networth; the networth of your citys will increase a lot if you have more weasels, workers, and towers.
- The new formula's retto did for reg will be implemented

- hopefully retto will fix pressgang by making it so yocan only turn workers into military, check out the developement forum for info on that

These changes should hopefully balence out commanders. They will not be changed in regular or turbo servers. at the speed that commanders goes, its a completely different gaming style then regular or turbo, so these changes are certainly specific towards commanders. the wouldn't all work on regular or turbo.

Feel free to post your questions here. in terms of balence, i will look at how it turned out after this commanders is over and make changes for the next one. so if you don't like how i have it set up, drop me some suggestions afterwards.

Thank you, and enjoy your gaming experience,

- Peace Alliance

*the above is subject to change at any time, but notification will be given in the event that changes are made.*

Kilkenne

I hope you mean November.

October is through with.

EDIT: November for the signup

Nohcnonk

Sounds sweet, Peace.  Good job you two.

Aqualis

"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

RazorClaw

Peace Alliance

indeed. use all your special detictive skills to find the mole!  

Nohcnonk

...Lol.  Ok then... But to we win if we find the mole?  Is finding the mole uninvolved with gameplay?  Or do you know yet? XD

Ashyra Nightwing

Juska

The mole as in like a real mole(the animal) or a mole like in that tv show(the guy that sabtoges everyone to win).

Oh, and it sounds cool too.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Peace Alliance

the mole is a mystery!! stop asking so many questions! no clues!

except that the mole contains great hidden powers....  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  

Guthorm Swordmaster

Is it a warlord or something else?

Nohcnonk

NO QUESTIONS. *interests himself with the Reg reset for the time being*

RazorClaw

Is it...? What about...? Could you...? Theoretically, couldn't one...?

Juska

What color is the mole? It could be the key, razorclaw we need to to talk, lol.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

RazorClaw

I'm thinking, maybe a green? Or perhaps softer, a sort of seafoam... Wait! Maybe it's brown, but we have to guess the exact shade of brown! Mahogany! Light Brown! Dark Brown! Cherry finish! Walnut brown! Chestnut brown! Apple bitten into 15 minutes prior brown! Wow, this is a complete spam post. Generally, my posts have some point to them. But not this one. It make me feel free, wading into the pool of temptation a bit. But, anyway, back to relevant and important matters...

What color do YOU think the mole is, Juska?