Landfat?

Started by Ruatine, February 12, 2003, 09:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruatine

What does 'landfat' mean? I know it's not a good thing to be, but I don't know what the word means.  
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

griever

Landfat means that you have a lot of land in proportion to your army/buildings.  So if you have an army of 500 and 2000 acres of land, you're outrageously landfat.

Ruatine

Then about how much unused land should you have?  
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

griever

I generally only get land when I need it (mostly to build markets or foragers).  I try not to have over 200 acres of unbuilt land at a time.  However, some attacks are really successful and you can end up taking 500+ acres in one raid.  After something like that, just build up your lands and military until it drops before attacking again.

Ruatine

Thanks, Griever!  :)  

Uri

I've always thought of landfat as being an overly high land to networth ratio... it's good to try and keep your networth at about $1,000 per acre.
- Uri Fairfield, Warlord of Night

Night, #177.

To see if you are landfat, look around you. If you have a lot more land than the people above and below you, you are most likely to be attacked first!

Abby The Rat

Landfat:

1.To have more land then the surrounding warlords
2.To have a high land to networth ratio
3. To have a high land to army ratio (Similer to above)
4. Saving land by not building on it (Unused land)

(Note number 4. have a different effect therefore making it hard to spot. As it give you a higher networth to land ratio. Usually spying is the best why of spotting a number 4 fatland).
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Landfat. Look at the landfatness of this rank 1 person.

*1 Local Dump (#88) 19,275 $15,197,776 __/\__ Lizard Southsward

Aim to have 1000 land for every million networth at least.

Landfat = #59. Attack Them.

~Ashyra, Landfat once more...

Deathclaw

Landfat is having more than 1000 acres of land to 1,000,000 networth. Example: 2,000,000 NW should have 2000 or less land, and so on according to your networth.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Not only that. If you have too much land, but can't defend against attack from surronding warlords, you are sceeewed.

Badrang the Tyrant

I dont keep any unused land unless im under protection or dont have any turns left

calria

it's also a good idea to refrain from attacking people who're WAY WAY landfat since they generally are all chunky with guard towers, so you'll just loose troops. Unless of course you can espianage first, and scope out their weak spots.

Ruatine

Thank you everyone for the help/advice. I have another question totally unrelated to the topic: How do clan wars usually start? Is it from a member of one clan attacking the member of another?

Dead Eye

ussally they are the clan leaders starting a fight, or one clan talking about the other. usally they aren't big, but ones like KM vrs Blades was the biggest we have had in a while
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov