ROME

Started by The Weasel Liberation Mov, October 29, 2003, 09:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashyra Nightwing

windy... His name just looks right uncapitalised...

ScaredyCat

Why are they called......ROME...??
Plans to do to rule the world and after I have control of it
*First make Bush choke to death with some cheese
*Then rename the United States of America to Fluffy Blue KittyCats
*Sit back and enjoy my World Domination
*Laugh evily

windhound

Quotewindy... His name just looks right uncapitalised...
that's exactly why, I like it, personal preference..  e. e. cummings (sp) is a poet that never capitalized their name..  my insperation for not capitalizing windhound, though, horde names should be capitalized really..  
Windhounds seems to have more 'presence' than windhounds..  

Rome is just what they decided to call themselves, like any other clan, DI, EVTF, AMD, Rome was chosen probubly because of historical reference, donno exactly why that time period was chosen, yet some other clan are taking from history, Company in Turbo, read the Clan Crier for more info on that..   neat really..  
The Roman Empire also was very large and dominated for quite a time..  prehaps its makers were being hopeful that Rome would do the same...
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Dead Eye

It could also have been meant to have a story line behind it. Or just to scare people. I mean, most clans names are to scare people. And they added the affect even better when they decided all their names should be Roman Emperors. That addec extra story line to their name.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

RazorClaw

Probably referring to the period of Trajan. That was when Rome was its largest. It actually controlled England at the time.