PAL

Started by Rough Raiders, March 12, 2003, 04:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rough Raiders

Ok were not new but were looking for ppl to join last time i checked we were ranked 4th overall out of all the clans... if u wanna join please message me at 410 thanx

P.S. DONT SPAM HERE
Official Forum Acorn Thrower
Holbs is the Master Slicer of MY Acorns with Twin Katana Swords
Leader of the TMNT Alliance
I CLAIM MYSELF THE ALMIGHTY HATED ONE ;)

Dead Eye

friend, you are brand new, you probably spam. also, please type in actual words. we can't understand you.

ppl-no such word
u-a letter, not a word
thanx-not a word

Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Badrang the Tyrant

Quote from: Dead Eyefriend, you are brand new, you probably spam. also, please type in actual words. we can't understand you.

ppl-no such word
u-a letter, not a word
thanx-not a word
For some IDIOTS who don't use AIM, ppl=people; u=you; thanx=thanks.

I believe that you are one of worst spammers that I've seen so far! (that is besides Bluemoon)

JestahMunkee

eh--I think 'e's goin' for usein' semi-proper english...MrBadrang
I believe 'ppl' and 'thanx' to be somewhat exuseable..but the whole 'u' thing annoying...
quite a few agree on the 'u' thing....

at least it wasn't all ancronyms :rolleyes:  
*Scree!*
*Lick Meee~!*
--I am not the muffin pope!--

Quamicauzilot

I don't know Dead Eye's reasons for disliking and objecting to the use of the mutilation of the English language that some of the lazier users of the internet (and in some cases, other mediums) employ, but I do know mine.  There are some of these things that seem like they exist simply to annoy.  "Thanx" is a perfect example.  Would the extra keystroke it would take to type "thanks" really be all that much of a hassle?  It's just plain annoying.  I don't mind typos or the odd acronym, but the constant use of a distortion of the English language that is not only inconsistant, but also makes the user seem unintelligent, regardless of what is being said always annoys me.  
If I think of anything I forgot, I'll just edit it in.

To think I almost forgot this.  For those of you that aspire to rule: http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

For the CAFI folks.

Quamicauzilot, leader of The Sockferrets, #10.

calria

To add to what was just said, if the poster is not coherent or consientious enough to correctly utilize the English language, why should anyone trust them to run/be in a good clan? Would you trust the care of anything important to you to some raver teenager who, on first glance, apprears to be the rejected third star of 'Dude, Where's My Car?"? Well, would you?

The fact that we're all (or at least most of us are) a bunch of teenagers set aside for the time being, the idea is ludicrous. To be taken seriously, one must take oneself seriously, and the inability or refusal to spell correctly emphasises one's self image.

Rough Raiders

allright ya dont need to spam in here and im not spaming Dead Eye because i kno who u r... and i like my improper english cause i am lazy and i dont feel like wasting my time with pronication or w.e

calria

I don't believe that correcting a post, especially when it is a commentary on the statements being made, not only gramatically but also relating to content, is spam. It is a form of expressing our views... much in the same way as I am about to correct you yet again...

allright ya dont need to spam in here
Alright,
you
don't
It's not spam.
here,

and im not spaming Dead Eye
I'm
spamming,
Dead Eye,
Dead Eye's not saying that you are spamming in this instance. He is saying that, due to your inability to post coherent or readable posts, you probably spam elsewhere.

because i kno who u r...
I
know
you
are.

and i like my improper english
*deletes and, because it is a run-on sentence*
I
English,
Yeah, ok, you like it... but that doesn't mean the rest of us do, and we're the ones who have to decipher it. You already know what you wrote. Have courtesy, please.

cause i am lazy
because
I
Yes, obviously you are either quite lazy, quite stupid, or both.

and i dont feel like wasting my time with pronication or w.e
*deletes the word and for the same reason as before*
I
don't
pronunciation
What exactly does "w.e" mean? I've been involved in large online communities for over 5 years now, and I have yet to run into that particular abbreviation...
As I stated before, have courtesy, if you in any way expect respect.

Rough Raiders

ok first of all this isnt english and idc if u dont like my improper english b/c i can say wut i want when i want and however i want... and w.e was a typo it was supposed to be w/e and if u have been in online community for 5 yrs then u would kno that that was a typo and what it should be...

JestahMunkee

:blink:
Ya could at /least/ speak /american/

and no- I donno wha' 'idc' or 'w/e' is, but if you ain't seen it before, how ya suppost ta know what it's typo looks like?
*takes a wild guess* w/e=whatever?...or, more 'shortly' whueva?
and lazyness is no exuse for impropor english! nor punctuation!..at least semi-propor english and adherance to punctuation....attempted spelling,too.

Im sure none of us wanna seem like 'the grammer police'...but, ya know..
when wanting peeps ta join you in clanlyness, sounding like the "incoherant tireless pot head"(no offense intened) is..well...not a good sign to prospective members
nor is claiming to be too lazy to type....makes people wonder what else yer too lazy ta do

as for sayin' wha' ya want, when ya want, how ya want..ya mmmiiiiggghhhtt wanna rethink that, Im sure your teachers would be happier with "Math... is....bogus..." than "You can take that text book and forably insert it into uranus!" (was that too witty,or not enough? :huh: )
*Scree!*
*Lick Meee~!*
--I am not the muffin pope!--

windhound

*sigh*  please, Rough Raiders, if you chose to represent PAL on the forums, atleast make it seem like were're all not just a bunch of newbies...  

"i can say wut i want when i want and however i want"
you do that and the admins will kick you out of the forums...  
It does happen...

--------------------
windhound, member and secondary dip. of PAL
If you wish to join, please message:
The Timberwolves Tribe (#42)
Timber Wolf's den (#395)
The Shadow Knights (#410)
Windhounds ll (#480)
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Dead Eye

I don't know where to begin. I really hope he is not the best pal has to offer. And if the admins are reading this, is there any way this guy can be made to write right. he is really annoying
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

RazorClaw

DeadEye, use of capitals and proper punctuation might make you look better when you're complaining about someone's grammar. Also *claims Rough Raiders as a newbie*

Dead Eye

Sorry about that. I always forget it. I will try better. NOOOO! I want to claim him. I don't have any newbs! I will be newbless!

RazorClaw

Yeah, TR and Menatus started that, and now I continue the tradition!