Adam's Tent!

Started by windhound, April 30, 2004, 12:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4206174742&rd=1

hee!  :lol:
amazing what's on ebay..

QuoteDescription    
This is the tent in which Douglas Adams had the inspiration for 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'. He used it to hitchhike around Europe in 1971 during his gap year, and while lying it it - a bit drunk - in Interlaken with his head sticking out of the door and gazing up at the stars, he had his Great Idea. The tent is a Vango Force Ten, bought from him shortly after his return to England. It is in the same condition it was then, a bit faded and with one (mended) rip in the groundsheet
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

TR Shadow

*Buys it*

...I wish.  *Saves up money*

Nohcnonk

Waste of money :P  

The Lady Shael

No, imagine when you buy it and then go on the Antiques Roadshow 50 years from now...

You: Well, I bought this off of Ebay, for $2000, and it's supposedly the tent Douglas Adams lay in when he thought up the idea for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Expert: *mutters* 'Supposedly' is correct. I mean, *loudly* do you have any idea how much this is worth?
You: No, no idea at all. *excited look*
Expert: You paid $2000 dollars for this, and it's /actually/ worth...
You: *eagerly* Yes?
Expert: ...it's worth....
You: Yes...?
Expert: ....it's worth....
You: Yes?!??
Expert: $42.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Nohcnonk

Exactly :lol:  

Wildwood

You can buy a town on ebay.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

Trogdor 22

I remember reading about someone trying to sell their half eaten sandwhich on eBay, and they claimed that John travolta had taken a bite out of it or something :blink: . This other guy tried to sell an empty jam jar, because there was a "ghost" in it.
Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

Wildwood

Some guy also tryed to sell his grandma.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image