AP Tests

Started by windhound, May 02, 2004, 07:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

EDIT:  AP Tests are Advance Placement tests that can take in High School to get college credit..  the AP English and most history tests are made up of ~40-50 multiple choice and an essay, 3 essays for english..  for Calc its ~40-50 multiple choice and a few pages of free response questions..  yiss..

I know the majority of yall wont be takin them, but I was wonderin who was, I think Shael mentioned earlier that she was takin one..  
I'm takin AP Calc and AP English..  

wensday and thursday I get to go to some mysterious community center where I've never been and take 3 hour tests that will determin my future for both Eng. and Calc..  
way too much fun..  the only good thing is that after them I dont think I have to go back to school, so I get out ~3 hours early..

ah well, just curious..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Trogdor 22

My sister is taking AP classes, do those have something to do with that?
Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

Nohcnonk

Cool.  I'm only in MS, so I'm not taking AP's yet...  Tests are good when the are fun. though. *copies a post from his LJ*

QuoteI scored highest in my school on all three subjects of the MAP, or... Michigan Academic Progress, or whatever. XD I tied Brendon in Reading, beat everyone by at least a few points in English, and beat Shelby by one point in Math (me and her were way ahead of everyone else).  I don't know exactly what level I got, but it's probably almost senior level or senior for all of them, because that's normally the limit for those kinds of tests.  Hum, and I wasn't accepted as one of the /four/ people from our school into KAMSC?

Those tests were a lot of fun, you get to show everyone how smart you are, and you get to skip class. :D

For those of you that didn't know(almost everyone), KAMSC is a rather large Math and Science Center that has a ton of connections to college-like-places, and I was very intent of being accepted.  Ah well, there's always next year... meh. <_<  

calria

Hmmm...

When I was in high school I took the AP 5, AP 4, World History, and Government exams (and took the classes for APUSH, but chickened out on the test since I was a sophomore and hadn't had World and so barely passed the class).

Anyone needs any hints, I'm more'n willing to help!
After all, those tests are the reason why I entered college as a sophomore, and am currently a junior going into this summer. (And I'm still only 18! w00t!)

The Lady Shael

AP US History exam is this Friday....*sobs* I was never ready...I'm not sure why I took it anyway...my major won't have anything to do with history...I never even liked history...I was never good at history...what possessed me to take an AP class this year, and make it a history one??

The APUSH exam is 3 hours and 5 minutes. That includes 80 multiple choice questions in 55 minutes, a document-based question essay (otherwise known as the DBQ), which is 70 minutes, and two free-response questions (FRQs), which take up the remaining time. FRQs are like DBQs, without the documents. I thought I hated DBQs very much, because you always needed to work the documents into the essay and bring in outside information, but now I just use the documents to fill myself in on anything I can't remember. On FRQs, you actually have to remember everything.

I know Boze is taking APUSH, Kilk is too, but his is a two-year course, he's taking the exam next year.

After the exam on Friday, me and my friends are skipping the rest of our classes, and hopping over to Olive Garden. Then I shall try to go home at 4 and go to sleep. And I will sleep till Monday morning, and catch up on some of the sleep that APUSH robbed me of. Then I shall sleep the entire next weekend, until I have caught up. *nods*

Next year will be fun. The AP classes I'm taking as a junior are AP Govt, AP Lang and Comp, and AP Music Theory. I wanted to take AP Calc, but that looks unlikely, so I'm taking that as a senior. I wanted to take AP Chem too, because all my friends are taking it, but it's two periods long, and my schedule's already full. I also wish I could take AP Physics and AP Psychology sometime, but they're not offered at my school. *blinks* So what if I'm an overachiever?
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Beem

I never had to take an AP test. Should have but didn't  ^^  I dropped AP english, but managed to past history AP ^^

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

calria

Actually, Shael, it's better to take stuff like history, especially if you're not going to have it as your major in college.
All college students have to take English 1301 and 1302, History 1301 and 1302, and Government 2301 and 2302, regardless of major, and all of those can be taken care of through AP tests. (Also good is World Hist, which counts, for me at least, as Hist 2301 and 2302, which count as Humanities hours, so I have to take less classes.)
That way, you have your stupid core curriculum classes out of the way, and you can concentrate on stuff for your major. Plus, it keeps it from getting into and possibly hurting your GPA, because the college versions are WAY harder.