What determines success of offensive leader missions?

Started by Uiblis, August 07, 2011, 10:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uiblis

Topics sums it up. As in mathematical equations. I read wolf bites journal but not sure whether that has changed or not.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Firetooth

Offense and defense ratios are what determines the success, and these are dependent on two factors-the players land and the players leaders. If I recall correctly:

Attackers ratio = 2* attackers leaders / (attacker land + defender land)

Defenders ratio = defenders leaders / defenders land

I'm using these numbers from an old but great thread about numbers...I don't think they're spot on, because using these numbers I usually have to get my (as an attackers ratio) higher then I should using these figures, but that could just be because I'm not quite sure of the mission numbers. Either way, these are fairly accurate.

For a mission to succeed, your ratio needs to be a certain amount over the defenders ratio. Espy is 0.8 or 1.0 iirc, open attack and steal is 1.8 and murder+poison is 1.2. Don't take those last figures as gospel though. As land hinders you, it's best to have as little as possible without compromising leaders, so to be on a 175 ratio (this can be calculated by dividing your current leaders by 175, the amount shown is the amount of huts required to sustain that many leaders. Destroy and drop unneeded land.)

If you still can't succeed but your offense ratio is close, in desperate times you can get somebody to knock you down so your missions will succeed, however the leader losses mean you can usually only get a few missions in before they start failing again.

Hope that helps. :) Shadow, Kilk or Neo may be able to give a slightly more detailed answer.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

You got it. Just a minor thing: the defense ratio equation is multiplied by 1.05. That's why you always have to get it a little higher using that equation.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Nice, just out of curiosity, why is it multiplied by 1.05%? Seems like a kind of an insignificant amount.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Firetooth

Ah, so it's just from the QMT code? Have you ever considered changing the amount multiplied to make defending easier/more difficult?

Kilkenne

There's also some holdover code that makes Stoats have a 10% better chance to succeed with leaders than other players. They get a 1.1 modifier somewhere. Let me see if I can't find it for the postin' to make this make more sense to everyone. I think there's a list of ratios that are needed somewhere, too. ~Math is power~

Shadow

I don't think that's true. I've never seen that, anyway. It could just be that stoats used to have a 10% race bonus in that area, but the new race chart would have changed that.

Kilkenne

There's an if/then regarding the stoat race and a 1.1 modifier on attacks. I'll show you it tonight.

Uiblis

Quote from: Firetooth on August 07, 2011, 12:46:25 PM
Offense and defense ratios are what determines the success, and these are dependent on two factors-the players land and the players leaders. If I recall correctly:

Attackers ratio = 2* attackers leaders / (attacker land + defender land)

Is that 2 supposed to be there?

Kilkenne

I don't believe the two is supposed to be there. When I can get back at the equations, like I said, I'll post all the math in plain English. At present I don't have access to do so.

Shadow

yes, the two should be there.

The equation is that you attack ratio is your leaders, divided by the AVERAGE of your land and your opponent's land, which is (your land+opponent land)/2. Writing it all out, you get

attack ratio = your leaders / ((your land + opponent's land)/2)=2*your leaders/(your land + opponents land)

Uiblis

Kilkenne

That'd explain that. Also, paging windhound to read his private messages.

Firetooth

As as been said, the two is definitely there, or I would have failed several takedowns by now. :P

I'll give examples of the formula just to make it really simple, not necessarily for you Uiblis, but for anybody who views this thread.

Attacker= Liontoothstar

Defender= Slarag the scourge
-------------------
Liontoothstar has 3,500,000 millions on 25,000 land. 3,500,000 divided by 25,000=140. This is his leader ratio.

Leader ratio=leaders/ land.

The defender, Slarag the scourge, has 2,500,000 leaders on 35,000 land. This gives him a leader ratio of about 71. Therefore:

1. Attackers ratio = 2* attackers leaders / (attacker land + defender land)

Liontoothstar's ratio= 2* 3,500,000 / (25,000 + 35,000) = 116

Defenders ratio = defenders leaders / defenders land

Slarag the scourge's ratio = 2,500, 000 / 25, 000. = 71. This is just the same as his leader ratio, and is his defensive ratio.

----

Liontoothstar has a far superior ratio. I can't really post much more until somebody posts the exact figures each spell requires. Needless to say, to figure out the defenders leaders you need to have an espy. If you can't manage an espy, you can often guess. If they're a stoat or unclanned, they'll usually have around 175 ratio or higher if they've just ran, so times their land by 175. Their ratio may be lower, but it's better to overestimate than underestimate.