Yo!

Started by Maer Cin, June 03, 2007, 08:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maer Cin

Hi, I'm new. ^^ Well, not completely new -- I remember trying to play Reg (and maybe Turbo) a few years ago without any idea about strategy. Looking back, it was funny -- I started making only big red figures so I farmed until I ran right into the ground.

Anyway. Hi! Happy to be here, woot.
me:  You know? I think the character's boring. I've had problems with her before. ...
me:  Or! I'm just talking so I don't have to write yet! 
my friend:   *cackles* Maybe a combination of any of the above?
me:  Or D: CHEESE!
my friend:   *blinks*
my friend:   Sad cheese?

Peace Alliance

well if you need any help this time feel free to ask! Welcome back to the game and i hope you really enjoy it here :D

wolf bite

People never really leave. Good to have you back.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

The Lady Shael

Hey! Welcome (back) to RWL. =) Like Peace said, if you need any help or have any suggestions, don't hesitate to ask. Also, we're in the process of redesigning/improving the game, so if you have any ideas for improving any current features, or adding on new ones, let us know! =p
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

RazorClaw

here's a free tip, since you're new:
if you mass food and money, then send it to me, you will win the game. it's a secret way that they don't tell you -- that "networth" stuff doesn't really do anything.

I find it fitting that businessmen and aggressive rodents are measured by the same system.

The Lady Shael

Quote from: RazorClaw on June 04, 2007, 06:42:31 PM
I find it fitting that businessmen and aggressive rodents are measured by the same system.

I am sorely tempted to put that quote in large bold letters on the main page.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

RazorClaw

Score! He's a quote machine.

wow, you guys have almost as many posts as me now. That's pretty scary.

Peace Alliance

do they?

we should totally have player reviews of the game on the main page

Narfel

Thats true... no one ever really leaves.
I dont  go looking for trouble,<br>trouble usually finds me.<br>-Harry Potter<br>Make sure you kids keep it clean this summer!

RazorClaw

reviews would be interesting...
graphics: 1
Some pretty colors, but those are occasionally distracting.

story 0-10 (depending on your point of view):
the unintentional comedy is off the scale when some clan dudes declare themselves to be the ultimate overlords and whatnot when their top guy is ranked like, 30. (this was bad enough when there were a few hundred people playing, now it's kinda pathetic.)

sound: 0
It sounds almost as great as the books, except for that annoying keyboard-tapping noise when you're typing out "456" or "14" or "hey n00b i will destroy u".

cloud

lol, PA's ego trip is more than enough entertainment to play.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Peace Alliance

hey, i live in a small town with nothing to do... ego trips are a way of life

Maer Cin

Thanks for the welcome, you guys! Good to meet you.

*surveys the area* This appears to be my kind of place, if posts made in this thread are any indicator.

RazorClaw: Really? Sweet! I'll message you ASAP? ?
:P ?Kidding. Though I don't know if I should be displaying non-stupidity in front of those who could be my foes. XD

All roads, I anticipate entertainment.

EDIT:

I just thought of: I'd love some tips on game etiquette. I gather gentlemanly play condemns the use of Chaos, Sack, and Capture, and puts limits on numbers of some kinds of attacks? (meaning: you attack someone to lose yourself land, and one-rat guerilla attacks...basically, actions that no real/canon&sane warlord would actually take) Or is that mostly up to individual styles and scruples?

'Cos I don't want to offend, just play. ^^
me:  You know? I think the character's boring. I've had problems with her before. ...
me:  Or! I'm just talking so I don't have to write yet! 
my friend:   *cackles* Maybe a combination of any of the above?
me:  Or D: CHEESE!
my friend:   *blinks*
my friend:   Sad cheese?

RazorClaw

how about, don't attack me a bunch, get landfat, and go on vaca.

mostly because then I will be financially screwed.