Reg + Turbo

Started by abartell, July 28, 2011, 09:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abartell

Introducing reg and turbo combined, it would consist of two separate accounts, reg and turbo, but you would be able to be more connected to each other so you could like aid your reg account in maybe a time of war or if you want to have an accomplishment of being emperor by storing up stuff in turbo and then sending it to your reg account. Also you could aid turns and leaders in order to have a longer and more efficient runs.

Post your opinions and ideas for the topic here now! : )
I'm really a squirrel but don't tell any one

Firetooth

It sounds fun, but it could be abused very easily and would kind of negate multi-accounting being illegal.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Obliterator

why not just have a turbo round where you get 500 turns a minute
(it has been done before)
it would be OP
personally i would not be a part of that type of game
though it was an interesting idea
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

The Lady Shael

This is more appropriate for the Development forum. Moving :)
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

abartell

Well I didn't want it to be permanent just for like one turbo round

The Lady Shael

It's an interesting idea. You might want to consider though that there are some people who only want to play Reg, and so people who play both would have an unfair advantage.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

abartell

well we could always take a poll and see who wants it, and who thinks it would be unfair if there is more than 25-30% who thinks it's unfair then we just completely drop the idea unless we can improve it and find a way for it to be less unfair, as well as more controlable

The Obliterator

also someone who plays only reg could just use it as a way to absolutly change the game in reg and make themselves emp
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

abartell

Exactly you seem to understand.

Shadow

I don't like the idea, myself. Reg and turbo are designed to be separate servers precisely because different people like different game paces. Merging them sort of defeats the purpose of having reg.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ruddertail

How about we just make Reg 6/10 for a month? Same effect. Seriously, sending aid from turbo is just a way to make reg faster, and would make everybody play both servers instead of just the one. It'd be irritating at best, game breaking at worst.

Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Holby

I actually really like the idea of separate accounts working for a combined total. And I don't see it as a turns issue at all, but as an incredibly effective way to keep people playing the game more often.

I like the idea that there is a much faster server where players can go nuts doing whatever, and it has some impact on your overall account.

So you have your main reg account, doing stuff, 450 every 3 days, whatever.

And then a sub account, where you have a lot more turns, like Commander style. Being the top of this game within a game could give you a an overall defense multiplier of 10% or something. Having the most kills could give you an attack bonus. Players in the top ten would be excluded from playing, and the scores would be wiped every couple of days.

Overall, it would have little impact on the overall game, but because it reflects on reg, our "main game", it's another way to hold the interest of newer players who want to be playing more than once every 3 days.

It would have to be minor enough to not affect the outcome of reg, but prominent enough to spark interest, even  if it's just a way for newer players to learn the game.

I don't really see it as just Turbo with an added bonus, but an account within an account.

Alternatively, I'd like it to be kind of a mini game thing. Where new players could earn minute amounts of food and cash from playing simple flash games (like at VI).
I will not deleted this

abartell

Well stated pravo pravo, this could be what I was looking for the answer to solve three problems, one a better reg check, and two spark new players interest, and three make rwl last way longer than it was.

I think you should make a new poll for that idea holby.

Uiblis

Bit skeptical of this at first, but Holby's idea is pretty good.
Would get rid the unfair advantage somewhat, and be useful and more fast paced for new players or people who only play reg.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem