Turbo: Before, During, and After

Started by abartell, August 15, 2011, 08:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abartell

Before Turbo starts there should be something telling us what type of round it is, and During Turbo there should be headquarters as well as one free race change, and lastly After Turbo we should have the scores and emp records of the round.

It should tell us what round it is so you can decide if you want to do that round or not as well as choose your race wisely.( Which may help keep the number of account deletions and inactivity down)

The headquarters could help new players get that extra little boost they need. One free race change will help new players decide what is the best race for specific challenges.

After turbo I think keeping a record of all the scores may help other players to help them learn from each other by being allowed to go to each persons army status page to learn from them (optional for each player) and having an emp record will help people maintain a reputation.
I'm really a squirrel but don't tell any one

Shadow

You can always revolt for free before you use any turns - so as soon as you sign up you are told the theme, and you can revolt for free if you chose the wrong race.

Headquarters in turbo is a possibility

We do keep track on turbo scores: http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=8758.0
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sharptooh

Quote from: Shadow on August 15, 2011, 09:21:42 AM
We do keep track on turbo scores: http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=8758.0

I think he meant a record of the full scores with stuff like whose clan each player was in, how much land they had etc included

Tbh I'd love it if more stuff was included in the immort such as who's clan everyone was in etc. it helps me to differentiate one round from the next.

I don't think a record is kept on emps either??

abartell

I think we should be able to go to their army status depending on wether or not the player wants to keep it hidden for strategy reasons.

Sharptooh

Quote from: abartell on August 15, 2011, 09:32:16 AM
I think we should be able to go to their army status depending on wether or not the player wants to keep it hidden for strategy reasons.

Something like that would be pretty cool, but I think it might be a bit difficult to do

abartell

I know but I wanted to bring it up just because it's a cool idea

Rakefur

Quote from: abartell on August 15, 2011, 08:34:16 AM
Before Turbo starts there should be something telling us what type of round it is, and During Turbo there should be headquarters as well as one free race change, and lastly After Turbo we should have the scores and emp records of the round.

It should tell us what round it is so you can decide if you want to do that round or not as well as choose your race wisely.( Which may help keep the number of account deletions and inactivity down)

The headquarters could help new players get that extra little boost they need. One free race change will help new players decide what is the best race for specific challenges.

After turbo I think keeping a record of all the scores may help other players to help them learn from each other by being allowed to go to each persons army status page to learn from them (optional for each player) and having an emp record will help people maintain a reputation.
*Like* Good ideas
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Pippin

i would like to see this as well, although you can change your race for free if you havent used any turns. i also believe that the emp record will be shown on the emperor page on the sidebar in game. 

also a good idea it would help quite a few people to decide what race to choose depending on the round.

again you can see the emperor statuses and length in the emperor side bar page, and it dont think the option to view their overall stats will be helpful at all considering it only shows race/health/troops etc. it would be more useful to see how many turns were spent scouting/looting/attack and all that.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

abartell

Quote from: Pippin on August 15, 2011, 12:51:02 PM

again you can see the emperor statuses and length in the emperor side bar page, and it dont think the option to view their overall stats will be helpful at all considering it only shows race/health/troops etc. it would be more useful to see how many turns were spent scouting/looting/attack and all that.

I agree that may be a better use but I was talking about like being able to see what strategy they used depending on if you want to use their strategy or help them get a better one

The Lady Shael

Lots of ideas in one topic, here we go:

You make a good point. We've always like to keep the Turbo themes a surprise since it builds anticipation, but of course choosing your race should ideally be done before you know the type of round. At the very least I can put the name of the theme on the sign-up form.

Sure, if no one has any objections, I don't mind putting the Headquarters on Turbo.

And like everyone else said, you can change your race for free if you haven't used any turns (I should probably make this a note on the Manage Army page). Giving everyone a free race change would definitely change the dynamics of gameplay a bit. I can see most people incorporating that into their strategies rather than using it to correct mistakes. And that's not a bad thing, just not sure if that's something we want to introduce into regular gameplay (opinions?).

We keep a record of all the top scores from Turbo rounds on the forums, and I've been meaning to make an actual site page for it and haven't gotten around to it. As of right now, there's no easy way to keep track of who is who...because everyone changes names each round. Hopefully we can set up a better system in the near future. :)

Quote from: abartell on August 15, 2011, 09:32:16 AM

Sharptooth is right, this would be a lot of work. I'm not sure many people would use it (when it's just as helpful or even more so to just communicate with them).

All in all, great ideas, Bloodwrath, thanks for bringing them up. :)
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

abartell

;) Thanks everyone for your opinions I feel so loved  here *sobbs way over dramaticaly*