6% health in reg

Started by Alazar is Back, January 14, 2008, 11:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

I think we should lower the 6% health per attack in reg, not to 2 like turbo but at least to 4, what do ya'll think?
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Peace Alliance

I'm considering raising turbo back to 6%, actually.

Lower the health per attack, and it makes it so you can attack WAY more. Then more people get maxed, most land gets bunched up into the few players, and we get a bigger devision between the lower players and the upper ones.

Thats the main reason everyone is always maxed on turbo.

Having the land spread out like it is right now on reg, is actually /very/ healthy for the game. It helps all the lowbies get stronger, and evens things out a LOT.

Shadow

It can get annoying, but I think it is a becessary part of the slower gameplay

6 on turbo might be a bit high though. 4 might be better so that the spirit of turbo isnt lost in comparison to reg
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Alazar is Back

Oh good no, the best part about turbo is getting a ton of land to run with.....

Wolf Snare

You're going to put up a better arguement to get it lowered. Personally I think it should stay at 6% on Regular, and shouldn't be higher than 4% on turbo.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Peace Alliance

Well it's really a matter of how sick you guys get of having half the game maxed (or more) every time you run. I suppose 4% is as high as i'd raise it on the first go.

Alazar is Back

I think i could deal with 4% and well now that i have alot of land on reg i dont care a ton about the 6% health thing but i would like 4% there too......(130k land)

Wolf Snare

Yes, I mad a mental note of your run, but you sacrificed so many turns attacking that you barely had any for netting.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Indiers can attack while at full production, there really isn't such a thing as too much attacking with the strat as long as you finish with full health.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

except when you weight in diplomacy, and the fact that you're open to leader attacks...

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Wolf Snare on January 16, 2008, 06:10:59 PM
Yes, I mad a mental note of your run, but you sacrificed so many turns attacking that you barely had any for netting.

Like shadow said i was netting the whole time, if you have a different way yo run the indy strat i would love to hear it!

Wolf Snare

I take several other things into calculation to help me determine when to stop attacking. However, I generally take land up until it is no longer profitable. for instance, on my last reg run I got 100k, and stopped attacking. Why not keep going like Alazar did? well, for one, Alazar used me as a scapegoat and more than likely only ran because I had rounded up the land. 2ndly, he would be left with 400 turns after maxing me, and he would have about 80k. Why not continue attacking?

If I am scraping, I will stop under some circomstances IF; I already have the majority of the land,  I am losing troops to desertion, gaining so little land that it isn't profitable, or I feel it will not make a difference. Sometimes you lose so many troops per attack that the extra 4k land you gain at the end of your run wont even make up for them. It's all in how you look at it. Personally, I think my Indy skills are decent, and do not need revision.

Only reason I said Alazar over attacked, was because he is in the same strategy as me, gathered more land, but hardly got half my networth.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Alazar is Back

Im really new to indying though, i have had some problems with it but i think i can work them out....