Farming

Started by Alazar is Back, July 07, 2008, 07:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

I was looking at the races and noticed that we had no race for farming. I think That we should make one. Im not a farmer myself, but many promisance games have it, and i would be interested in trying it once. Whichever race you make a farmer(if you do) should have like 40% to foragers 10% to food(what the troops eat) and like 30% to mercs.

Discuss.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

Agreed. Most food plus per turn is wildcat or painted one +0 ::)
I wanna try farmer but I always get pillaged/sacked :'(
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

Could be very interesting, I'm up for it, I always produce a lot of food and would do it more but it seems to get stolen / poisoned a fair amount of the time.

taekwondokid42

You could just alter the lizard so it had farming abilities.

The stats could look like:

Race  Offense  Defense Build     Costs   Loyalty Training Income  Scouting Mercenaries Food     Leadership     Foraging

Lizard    -20%    +80%    -20%    +10%    -20%    +40%    +20%    +80%       -30%     -10%    -30%          +50%

or something similar.

Shadow

Farming depends on selling, on mercs if necessary. The food sell price would have to go higher than 2 if a farmer was going to work.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shadow on July 09, 2008, 04:44:51 PM
Farming depends on selling, on mercs if necessary. The food sell price would have to go higher than 2 if a farmer was going to work.

Well yeah thats kinda what i was implying in my original post. It should be around 5 I think.

Shadow

have you messed around wih foragers? I don't know if farming would work here because to run foragers would mean having to leader defense, and you'd get screwed that way instead.

taekwondokid42

Hmm, good point. Needing leader defense almost ruins everything. What ways can you think of would make a take-down against a farmer hard?

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shadow on July 09, 2008, 04:56:43 PM
have you messed around wih foragers? I don't know if farming would work here because to run foragers would mean having to leader defense, and you'd get screwed that way instead.

Your not catching what im saying. The Farmer strat im talking about is making food selling it and buying troops with it. In other words your using food to make your cash instead of leaders, its just like an indy strat.

Firetooth

Triss signed up played a few days and would've got a top ten spot if not for lonewolf farming, I wish that guy could post his stratergy here
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

taekwondokid42

what round was it?

If it was the no-leaders round, farming strats would be easy. Sure, sacks would be annoying, but you could have another good player retaliate for you, and in turn, give him food at a lower price than everybody else.

Firetooth

http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=9026.0

they were mattimeo they let me hold about 700mil net in food but lonewolf destroyed it btw this was their first round

Shadow

Quote from: Alazar is Back on July 09, 2008, 11:20:36 PM

Your not catching what im saying. The Farmer strat im talking about is making food selling it and buying troops with it. In other words your using food to make your cash instead of leaders, its just like an indy strat.

Oh, my bad. I play FAF as well, and farming there is forager based.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shadow on July 10, 2008, 05:04:27 PM
Quote from: Alazar is Back on July 09, 2008, 11:20:36 PM

Oh, my bad. I play FAF as well, and farming there is forager based.

Yeah thats what im talking about. Thats how you farm at FAF as well. You know as well as I that food is not worth any net over at FAF...

Shadow

you dont farm with leaders at FAF, if you do you only make about a quarter of what you could if you looted instead. Farming there is based on almsot completely foragers and the food being sold on mercs for troops.