Did you guys see this?

Started by Krowdon, March 03, 2013, 04:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krowdon

They're making a Redwall game.

I cant express enough how excited I am. The concept art on facebook looks amazing, and I hope they do good with the plot, which seems to be your standard Redwall "Hero needs to find item, dark forces at work" plot. But it's Redwall.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Krowdon

It doesnt really have a release date yet, but I'm going to play ASAP. I mean, look at it.

That's some early 3D art but seriouisly.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

windhound

"The Officially Licensed Adventure Game"
Huh.  Guess they had to wait till Jacques died, nearly positive he was against Redwall being made into any sort of game.

Could be neat though
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Krowdon

Quote from: windhound on March 03, 2013, 06:41:02 PM
Guess they had to wait till Jacques died, nearly positive he was against Redwall being made into any sort of game.

I'm nearly positive of this too. Even though I tend to be against video games, it could bring the series a new audience, and maybe those guys who waste all their time on games will actually pick up a book for a change. (And come here too ahaha.)

Firetooth

Quote from: windhound on March 03, 2013, 06:41:02 PM
"The Officially Licensed Adventure Game"
Huh.  Guess they had to wait till Jacques died, nearly positive he was against Redwall being made into any sort of game.

Yeah that does leave a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth. Still, Christopher Tolkien doesn't like the LOTR films because they apparently aren't true to Tolkien's original aim (which is probably partially true), but they are still amazing. So I am pretty excited for this.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Kilkenne

Christopher Tolkien butchers everything he touches and should not be the person who husbands his father's creations.

Firetooth

Quote from: Kilkenne on March 04, 2013, 09:26:53 PM
Christopher Tolkien butchers everything he touches and should not be the person who husbands his father's creations.
I don't disagree, but I can see his point on the LOTR films. I think they're probably the best film trilogy of all time, and certainly the best films of last decade (and my favourites), but they are certainly more "actiony-dude-bro" than the books. Which is fine, as it makes the pacing faaar better, and who the hell was upset Bombadil got cut? :p

But I digress, as this is off topic.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Kilkenne

Film/Game adaptations are made to be entertaining in ways that books aren't. Part of a book is being immersed in a world, and while a film does that too to some extent, you have to move the story along. It doesn't help that audiences are usually too stupid or impatient to not see something exploding every ten minutes.

Raggon

Yeah I've been following this since last Summer, when it was scheduled to come out last fall. :( They also cancelled the other Redwall game in the making.
I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?