Violation

Started by wolf bite, April 13, 2006, 11:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Here we go again with the 1-rat attacks. Each time I have to deal with this, I will become less lenient.

?+ Kill Hannah +? (#195) had ?The Light in the Dark? (#184) give him about 18K of land in 15 attacks. This is a clear violation of the rules and caused an investigation.

The Light in the Dark (#184) claims he did not know the rules. But I have them clearly posted so that excuse does not work even if it is true. But the land only went away from this player and they received no aid in return, thus no profit. In fact a loss of land that could have been used. Since they have self-punished themselves by their wrong actions, they get a stern look.

+ Kill Hannah + (#195) on the other hand knew the rules and did make a profit. They had the use of the land for the last few days before I found out about the violation. Like a man he gave no excuses and has recommended his own disabling to clear his name. I have locked the player out of their account so the land stays in the game. I have also done what I can to remove most defenses.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

cloud

Apparently there isn't as much bias as possible.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Blood Wake

I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

VinnieOlle

What if a player doesnt use the forums?
When i first started i played about a whole round before i even knew there was a forums. Actually i didnt even know what a forum was when i was like 10 years old. This was the first forum i ever signed up for.

Ive been gone for years so i really dont know of any rules anymore, ill have to have a look at them all.

I do agree with your rules im just saying *new* players may be unaware of them and maybe EVERYONE could be a little more helpful and patient as they learn the rules.

Juska

Wait, what are the one rat attacks?
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

windhound

one rat attacking can be used in a few ways, but it works the same..
hit the opponant with one rat attack groups using sack / capture some special attack where you will lose badly, and thus they gain land

- if you opponant has a good leader ratio, weaken it by giving them extra land
- if an ally has very low land, help them by giving them land and save their leaders (no turns used w/ low land, no [less] leader loss)
- make your run first, then give your ally free land..  a helpfull boost not costing them anything and thus a head start
- simply to max somone while not losing much yourself

*shrug*
these may seem like ~legit strats, but it was used in such a way that it became unfair..  esp. that last point..  so a rule was put inplace to gaurd against it
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

Quote from: VinnieOlle on May 12, 2006, 09:05:59 PM
What if a player doesnt use the forums?
When i first started i played about a whole round before i even knew there was a forums.
Usually we know who the new players are.

wolf bite

New players would not know that such an advanced strat exists. It was part of the code for months before I figgured it out an used it. Then people forgot about it till Josh brought it back. Then lots of people used it. So our great people were blind to it for almost 2 years.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

VinnieOlle

Good point,
It must be advanced if i didnt know about it :) lol
So i guess new players wouldnt either.

artu

but wasnt one rat attacks in wolf bites journal as a strat??

Gen. Volkov

We knew about it, we jsut didn't use it, because unlike Josh, we prefer to win or lose on our own merit.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

cloud

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on May 14, 2006, 02:17:08 AM
We knew about it, we jsut didn't use it, because unlike Josh, we prefer to win or lose on our own merit.

wrong, me and snare used it for a long time, everyone one else was just too dumb to catch on until it was made completely obvious.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Gen. Volkov

Ok, well I knew about it, but I didn't use it in general. I can't speak for anyone else though.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

Quotewrong, me and snare used it for a long time, everyone one else was just too dumb to catch on until it was made completely obvious.

At what point does it become more obvious then another? When you have somebody who is constantly maxed its always going to be obvious. What's also obvious is that its unfair, and that its quite a cheap tactic.

Wolf Snare

We used to use it to swap land with ease. Before the maxing started this was looked at as borderline, but legitimate.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)