The Gawtrybe

Started by Fleetscut, March 21, 2003, 11:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleetscut

Name: Kiawo the Quick
Title/Rank: Leader of the Gawtrybe  
Species: Squirrel
Enemies: The Lizards from the Marshes
Redfur Medium build great sight and great speed. Carries a longbow with 20 shafts and 2 Daggers. Has an army of 100 sqiurrels. 10 of them Warriors.

Era: Before Martin the Warrior.

Oh by the way no God mode no auto moving but there is auto hitting. Your character may slay 10 soldiers a turn if you want but you cannot kill other characters. The only army I am allowing is ONE frog army from the marshes. Feel free to join the squirrel or lizard army, but there may be a band of travellers with a leader, who must join one of the armies.

Kiawo sat slitting the long shaft as the fire flickered and the squrrels slept - worn out from the long journey from the marshes.
Kiawo himself would not sleep. He knew that the army of the lizards would follow their retreat deep into the forest. Kiawo did not know how long his Squirrels could hold them off. The trees could be used to their advantage easily but the army of the lizards was far superior.
"Thoughtsa you not be sleep like all other lazy beests!"
The noise startled Kiawo, he turned around to find Yesero his strong right paw.
"I no sleep when weapons is smalls an'  lizards are on our tail."
Yesero kicked a small pebble into the fire.
"You wants me to wake up lazy beests?"
Kiawo sighed.
"No. Leaves them. They is tired. They not fight if me wake them up.
Yesero picked up a twig and began whittling it with his small knife.
"Then at least let mes help you."

Demoneye - Pirates of Terramort.

Ale-D

Ha!,then I am your Nemesis- I am the Marsh Lords,lizard rulers of the swamps

Fleetscut

ok good there are now 2 sides. Anyone else care for travelling bands to enter the scene?

Trident

I'm Nightfalls- yellow vixen

windhound

*shrugs*  geuss I'll try...

I'm windhound, a red fox, small, light build, great endurance.
Carries a short javelin and a pack of herbs.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Fleetscut

O.K
Trampling on the twigs and dead leaves of autumn, the lizard army marched on. Unaffected by the long hours they had been awake. Thousands of lizards armed with short swords and long javelins ran on in the Gawtrybe's wake.

Only 20 miles away were the sleeping squirrels of the Gawtrybe. It was now dawn and Yesero was exausted from whittling hundreds of lentghy twigs - to be made into shafts. Kiawo however, was not affected. He kept on creating blades and spears for his army.
"hoof," Yesero slumped down onto a slanted rock. "I no beleeve you work so fast Kia-"
He did not finish his sentence. Pressed finely against his neck was a curved blade. Holding it was a yellow vixen.
"I do not believe you cannot hear us at half our stealth." She motioned towards Kiawo. "My husband has his spear trained on you. So do not move."
In the corner of his eye, Kiawo spotted a squirrel coming out of the forest patch they were sleeping. The squirrel froze, then slid back into the shadows to warn the tribe.

Deathclaw

I'll try:

100 soldiers... 20 squirrel archers, 10 badgers, 25 otters, and 35 hares, 2 owls, 2 adders, 3 jackdaws, and 3 eagles.

Leader: Deathclaw... mountain hare, head taller than the rest, double scimitar and sling... trained in various weaponry.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing the squirrels' dire situation, the band of peacekeepers charged. Arrows ripped the night air's silence. The Gawtrybe was awoken. The curved blade around the squirrels throat dropped in his lap as the perpetrator was struck by several stones. Jackdaws found victims, as well as the eagles. They chased the fleeing attackers in haste, loosing off stone or arrow when one unlucky enemy would pop into view.  
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Blackeyes

Name: Alcaline
Species: Badger
Weapon:Huge double headed axe
Army: 500 Mountain/Salamandastron Hares , 50 Younger Brother and Sister Badgers* My parents had nothing better to do * 20 Eagles , 35 Caged Adders that are posessed , 200 Woddland Otters and a full regiment*500* Shrews

As Alcaline crossed the makeshift bridge an arrow passed by his head and almost took off his ear , immediatly he jumped into the creek and swam to the other side were the rest of his enourmous army waited ...
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Fleetscut

As the fleeing vermin scattered into the forest, Kiawo stretched his hand out to thank the vigorous mountain hare.
"Thanks you. Weesa be in heapsa trouble withouts you.
"Oh it's no problem laddy, just as long as my men get their taste in battle for today!"
A dibbun one eigth of the Deathclaws size approached him timidly.
"My mama was attacks by lizardies. You battle them too?"
The marsh lords had made camp only a good march away from the Gawtrybe. The leaders scaly face turned into a broad grin, he knew his men would not rest for long while there was land to reclaim.
Suddenly a battle cry came out from the forest, as a small newt was burst from a huge battle axe wielded by a boisterous badger.
"Eulaaaaaliaaaaaa!"
"Give em blood n vinegar!!!"
Out of nowhere came hares with longbows picking off the awoken lizards.
The lizard lord was not used to such warfare. It was always he with the element of surprise and now the odds were turning against him.
"KREEEEE KIHHHHH GOOODA"
The Lizard furiously shouted orders at his un-coordinated army. The braver of the lizards ran at the enemy with their spears, but were cut down by the sharp steel of the longer pikes.
Alcaline felt the bloodrath engage on him. He sent 7 lizards flying through the air and advanced on the marsh lord....

We need another enemy. The marsh lord has heaps of lizards, but they are still too weak. In this era, badrang has just become lord....
P.S Blackeyes:
How did all those hares and Alcaline get to the northwest coast from salamanderstron?

Blackeyes

*This is to Fleetscut's question we came from Salamandestron leaving half of the forces there ,  we came because my mother used to live here and she was slaughtered by a band of lizards so I have come back for vengence*
As the badger lord raised his axe again he was caught in the should by a spear , he ripped it out from his skin and decapitated the slippery little vermint that had thrown it . " Just let me see your slimy eyes ... " growled the ferocious badger at the Marsh Lord . The Marsh Lord had seen the Badger Lord in a dream and new he was either to stay with his men and fight , or run for the rest of his life ......
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

windhound

windhound sat calmly, watching the fierce battle below from the upper branches of a large oak.  It was definatly going in favor of the squirrles and co.  The lizard army seemed to be quickly dimminishing under the fierce onslaught of the three combined forces.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Fleetscut

O.K thx blackeyes :)

From the trees the scouts of the Gawtrybe peered over the thick branches. A young squirrel burst with excitement at the scene.
"Lookit like we have a new ally!"
"Yes. Buts there is many lizardies. We must hurry back ans get the rest of the Gawtrybe!"
Suddenly they were both felled by a javelin and a curved blade slicing the other scout's neck off.
As Nightfalls and Windhound both reclaimed their blooded weapons, a cry rang out from the trees.
"SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
The salamandastron hares for once shivered for a brief moment with fear as ten thousand skinks poured over the woodland. Alcaline regained his senses and ordered the retreat.
Kiawo sat waiting fixing the feathers on his arrows. Deathclaw had not given him his answer. The hare did not want to get involved with a fight not of his own or his men would lose morale.  However he knew he could not sit back.
"Ahhh well me and my men will guard this camp while you're gone." Said Deathclaw giving Kiawo a strange look. "Ah'm sorry but I don' wanna get into a fight. But we will guard your homeland....."
Kiawo took this all in but he did not answer. He was thinking of the Lizards. Plauging his homeland. Once all of the marshes were forests. Inhabited by the care-free Gawtrybe. Then gradually it began to disintegrate as the Lizards came to the south cliffs. His father was slain in battle by 17 Lizards. Furiously stabbing him with their primitive spears. Kiawo knew that he had to reclaim his homeland immediatly.
Suddenly he leapt up and shout,
PACKS ALL YOUR STUFFS! TAKE ALL YA WEAPONS! WE GO FIGHTS THE LIZARDIES!" An enourmous echo of whoops rang out from the forest. Every squirrel was soon lined up in multiple files awaiting their Generals command.

Deathclaw

Note: My army plans to fight, not guard your "homeland".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sending off runners, they went to a mountain citadel and brought more roving forces. Adding to Deathclaw's original 100 were:

20 adders, 10 foxes (all foxes are masters of throwing knifes), 150 shrews, 200 hares, 200 otters, 70 squirrel archers (longbows), and 50 badgers.

Joining forces with the Gawtrybe, Deathclaw prepared to march to battle and open warfare.

Fleetscut

While Deathclaw was out gaining forces, Kiawo went with 30 of his best warriors out to find his scouts who had now taken too long to return. The rest of the Gawtrybe remained to defend the camp.
The Gawtrybe marched through a narrow path formed by the weaving forest. In Kiawo's head he was thinking. Why had those 2 foxes attacked he and Yesero and what had they come here for. His thoughts were cut off by a javelin sailing through the air hitting his thigh.
"AMBUSH! GET UP THE TREES!" He cried as he fought against the searing pain the spear point had given him. As he managed to scramble up a sycamore, he could make out a red fox and the yellow vixen. The assasins of his scouts.
Each squirrel picked their positions on a tree and fired at the vermin. Yet it was in vain as each arrow slipped into a tree hitting no target. One squirrel foolish enough to climb the vixen's oak was slain. Blood spilling from his throat as his carcass fell to the ground. Pebbles, shafts and javelins flew from tree to tree. A victor was impossible. Both were fighting on their own terms - Guerilla Warfare!

The Lizard army howled as they chased the Badger Lord and his Long Patrol into the sunset.

_____
Trident and Ale-D. Are either of you going to have a say in this?

Deathclaw

Hearing the attacks, Deathclaw positioned longbow archers far away, sniping the enemy fast, who chose to recede and not lose any more of their numbers...

OOC: Short post, I know.