Newbie Class.

Started by General Austin, April 05, 2003, 03:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abby The Rat

~Laughs~ Poor Calria. I've never really used MS-word for my posting. No sir.

And I'm the Co-Headmaster mind you. ~Casts a glare at Wolf Bite~ So, none of that.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

fingo

I use MS-word all the time
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

Calantorntain

Ah.  Your names are similar, and somehow I got it in my head that you two were one and the same  :blink:  
"Death death death death death death la la la la death" -- The Woad to Wuin

guardians of night

*Raises Hand*

How can you gain networth without becomeing land fat?
Mmmmmm......Signature

http://members.lycos.co.uk/rerisen is my new WWII game! Join today!

My tries at making games has finally succeded!
Nevermind, Lycos screwed up my game!

Dead Eye

A few ways. You can get troops, money, or food. I will let Wolf Bite explain how.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

wolf bite

Land Fat

People seem to think this is a bad thing to be, but it does not show weakness like people say on the posts.  A person may have a lot of land and less net worth, but could still be holding sizeable armies, but no food.  The odds of breaking a person is not based on the % of land to net worth.  However, the chances are they are weaker then those with the same land and more net worth.  In short, don?t think you can hit a person 50 ranks higher then you because they are land fat.

Net worth is calculated by a ton of factors, you would need to have the instruction manual to know exactly what the figures are.  I have come to understand that food adds the most to net worth, then land, armies, and the least is money.  I have been unable to get a good fix on the value of loyalty per net worth.  Further, buildings seem to lower or have no effect on the net worth, but I could be wrong on that one.

With that said, gaining higher net worth depends on what your strategy and plan is.  Remember that a large army is expensive to support, and non income buildings take from the support of those armies.  Further think that Money can be used to buy armies.

So a person could be all markets and a few foragers and pay for a large army that they bought from the market.

A person can have a lot of loyalty then by selling (using) it to support their large army.  However, as the army grows, the value of money you receive from Leader Loot goes down and the cost of loyalty to use goes up when you have more land, but the value of cash you receive stays based on your leaders less a % less for large armies.  So once over 30,000 in land, this becomes counter productive.

A person could be supported by a larger horde that pays all their bills and they just have towers, but a large army.

But most of all Food is the biggest additive to net worth.  A person could have a normal size army for their land, but have a few too many foragers and has created a ton of food to make them look big.  This is handy if they take a large land hit, they will not have to worry about feeding their armies as they look for land.  But their growth in power has been slow because of their few markets and barracks.

A person could have a unthinkable amount of money, but the problem with that is there is no where to go because the maximum amount of armies you can by from mercenaries is based on the amount of land you have.   5,000 land times 256 rats = 1,280,000 rats at the mercenaries. That may to some sound like a lot of rats, but when your net worth is high those people around you have 5 times that, So who are you going to attack with it?

If you just want very high net worth and be boring, see happy pony strategy.

There could be any combination of the above and a ton of other ways to do it.

The best part about being ?land thin? is that those around you don?t want to waste their turns on the little land you have.  Those people much smaller in net worth then you, but the same land, would not only lose forces by attacking a more ?powerful? army, but the chances are you can withstand their attacks.  

Professor
Wolf Bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Brock

What if I'm constantly having problems of getting negative amounts of money and food?  Building things helps but is there a way to not get negative money or food without building things more and more?
I like Chicken, I like Liver, Meow Mix,Meow Mix, Please Deliver!

wolf bite

This classroom has been empty for about a week, good to see you here.  Take a seat.

Your armies create your costs.  You must feed them and pay them.  Thus the bigger army you have, the more the costs for them.  There is no set amount of markets and foragers one must have that will always work you into the plus on cash and food.  These factors depend on the size of your army and the buildings you have.  

Not knowing what buildings you have or what your strategy is (nor should you post that information here), I can only assume your army is too big for your land to hold enough buildings to feed them.  I would say that you should have one big attacking army, then have the other tyoes of armies at a minimum to be your defense.  You would want to change what kind of army is your attacking army every now and then so people do not start to know how you play.  This will lower the cost of paying for all those armies you are not using.  Further, if your army is so big that you can break most of the people you want, stop building them.

You may also be misusing your buildings.  Some people keep lots of towers and a small defense army.  This is good because you don?t have to pay for as many armies.  Other people build NO towers and keep a large defense army.  This is good because you can build markets and foragers on the land.

Also, most people agree that camps are almost useless and have few to none of them.  Tents are good to have about 1 for every 10 markets. Some people build none of them when they get a lot of land.  

Don?t forget about your loyalty too.  After taking a bunch of turns to get back to health after an attack, you can use (sell) your loyalty to get just enough food and cash to make up for your slight losses during battles.

Also you may want to spend a day after someone killed off your army to make a lot of food and money before rebuilding the army.  This way you can afford a slight loss.

Professor
Wolf Bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite

Blackeyes

Beautifally said , I think you nailed that one .... I give you an A+ .
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

calria

*plods in, sensing unruly grammar*

"Beautifully said. I think you nailed that one. I give you an A+."

Also, your signature is a run-on sentence, darling.

Dead Eye

Who is Black Eyes. He is new, because he is acting like it.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Brock

Blackeyes joined on February 11 so he isn't that new, but he's starting to annoy me.
I like Chicken, I like Liver, Meow Mix,Meow Mix, Please Deliver!

guardians of night

And me as well... <_<  
Mmmmmm......Signature

http://members.lycos.co.uk/rerisen is my new WWII game! Join today!

My tries at making games has finally succeded!
Nevermind, Lycos screwed up my game!

wolf bite

Children!  Be nice in my class room!

(Stands behind the dead body of the last person that misbehaved in his class)

Professor
Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Abby The Rat

Ah, what did I say about Killing mis-behavening childern. ~Wag a finger at wolf bite~

You know, every kill you do, the less pay you get. ~Nods~

What camp does, it lower the cost and hold more troops in the mercenaries, but this only work well at 30% of your barracks.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]