Island Roleplay

Started by Brock, June 17, 2003, 05:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock

Ok here's a new RP.  Basically, you all start on an island in the sea, lets say Terramort after there is no longer anyone on it.  You have nothing but your weapons, clothes, and 5 things that you can fit into your pack.  There is some driftwood on the shore but no boats or anything.  You have to find a way to get off the island first and then you can pretty much do what you want to when you get to the mainland where Mossflower Wood is and everything.  Ok so get started.  Give a description of your character first and then you can start role-playing.

Brock was just a baby wolf when he went on a boat with his father out to sea.  There was a crew of only 15 sailors and 12 were lost in the storm.  One rat saw Brock almost drown and he swam the baby to shore, but then after Brock was safely on shore and others were swimming up, the rat went back to find Trog, Brock's father.  Trog, the rat, and 11 others were never seen again.  Now Brock was a young wolf that had been living off whatever he could find.  He was alone on the island now for the other sailors had all gotten in an accident with a shark.  But Brock had only explored the eastern shore of the island and he did not know what kind of creatures may live on the rest of the island.  So one day when Brock had run out of fish that he had caught, he decided to go exploring instead.  Maybe he could find a bird or something to eat.  He was near the middly of the island when he heard a noise in the bushes to his right...  
I like Chicken, I like Liver, Meow Mix,Meow Mix, Please Deliver!

Pikepaw

I am half searat and half ferret and am a young corsair who got thrown overboard off of his ship that his mother was captain of.  My characters name is Zanaet and he looks more like a ferret than a rat (so if you call him by only one species name, say ferret) but still has rat features.  Zanaet is a dirty black and grey mostly but has many other colours in his coat so he can camoflouge almost anywhere and wears a suit that matches his coat with a kilt, no sleeves and a hood that Zanaet pulls over his head so when he is in the right place and position and doesn't move at all, he can't be seen at a first look or even a second and around his waist is a black leather belt.  Inhabited the abandoned Fort Bladegirt as his main base of survival.  Carries a long dagger in his haversack, a large bow he made with a lot of arrows to go with it and a scimitar that has some sickle quialities.  Zanaets' scimitar has a bone handle with black leather wrapped around it and and a thin cord with teeth and feathers and other things on it wrapped around that.  He also has a few other things in his haversack: A length of thick rope, a coiled black cord, vittles he found on the island, a water canten and a rough hammer he made himself.  Brock do supplies you find on the island (vittles ya know) count with your 5 things?

One day Zanaet decided to explore the island for others here, to see if there were ally or foes on Terramort.  The ferret/rat ran into a toad tribe and had to fight his way through.  The young creature had just gotton past them and burst out of a bushes to the right of a young otter, exuasted and wounded he said weakly.
"Please otter...help me...toads attacked me and I fought out...help."  Then he collasped in front of the otter because of blood loss and running a great distance.
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Brock

OOC:  I almost forgot,  my items are water canteen, throwing daggers, a short frayed rope, and some empty space.  Food doesn't count as one of your items since it comes and goes often.

The young wolf looked down at the creature.  He could not decide if he was a ferret or a rat.  "I will take care of you warrior,  if you can make it to my camp."  Then Brock picked up the ferret-rat and carried him back to the shore.  Using some strips of cloth from his tattered pants he found off one of his dead shipmates years ago, he cleaned the wounds and wrapped them to help them heal, then he fed the ferret-rat the last of his leftover fish and gave him some water.

Pikepaw

"Thank you friend, take some of my vittles." He threw his sack at the otter.  "I am Zanaet the ferret-rat and I am stranded here, tomorrow I will take you to fort Bladegirt my base and we shall get back to the mainland together."  Zanaet saw a movement and (he had regained much strength) shot a rabbit with his bow and injurered a sparrow that the otter then killed. They were going at it slowly but a friendship was developing that would mean the difference between life and death.
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Brock

Brock chewed on the sparrow that his new friend had injured for him.  
"Well Zanaet,  I'm sure any fort of yours is better than a little driftwood tent by the beach.  Say, do you know if there are any other beasts on this island?  I notice you are very quick with your arrows,  I have been working on getting a deadly aim with my daggers.  Would you like to see?"
Brock whipped out one of his daggers and threw it at a tree, splitting a small bug in half down the middle.  "Tonight we can rest up and in the morning we can go to your fort."  Brock lay beside the tree that his dagger had been thrown into and fell asleep instantly.

Pikepaw

"The only other beast on this island I've seen that is not bird nor fish, is the toads I fought through and they caused my wounds." Then the ferret-rat dropped down and was asleep.

Brock

The next morning Brock awoke to find Zanaet already awake.  
"How did you sleep friend?  Are you about ready to go?"

Pikepaw

"Yes" the young otter and young ferret-rat ran off together (avoiding the toads) and made it to the broken down abandoned fortress of the king of searats.  Dropping off extra weight there the two creatures went hunting, then fishing.  They caught many birds, fish and found a varity of plants and a freshwater stream near the fort.  They could live on the island for weeks.

OOC: Why hasn't anyone else joined this role play, I think we need more people for it to work so: PLEASE JOIN OR I WILL TORTURE YOU!  Sorry about that, but I think I made my point.

Brock

OOC: Pikepaw is right.  We need more people.  Why doesn't anyone like role-playing?  After Pikepaw's done torturing you, I'll umm... do bad things to you...  There needs to  be some kind of evil force that makes us have to get off the island or fight or something.

Mhera

Allright I guess I'll join.

Mhera Blackfur is evil.  She travels from place to place looking for slaves or a kingdom to rule.  She has an army of 1000 rats and some mercenaries.  She has a short sword as her weapon and her ship is called Gutripper.  She has over 100 oarslaves already but is always looking for more.

Mhera pointed at a small blotch on the horizon.  "See Snat, land.  Set a course straight for it.  We should get there by tomorrow."

"Yes Cap'n Mhera."  

The next day the ship pulled up at the beach where Brock and Zanaet were only a day before.  Mhera saw the signs and new that there was life on this island.  Mhera took a scouting party to follow the tracks of the wolf and the ferret-rat.  Dusk fell but she could see the castle that would be hers in only a few days.  She went back to the rest of her army and prepared for a takeover.  They arrived at the castle the following night.  Like a shadow, Mhera slipped through the rotten old gate.

Brock

Brock awoke to find a swordpoint at his neck and the same at Zanaet's neck.  A huge female ferret stood over him.  "What are you doing here?  Who are you?"  Before he could say anything else there were two rats around him tying him up.  The same was done to Zaneat.                                                                    

Pikepaw

"I'll never be taken by you scum!" Zanaet screamed.  He fought and struggled with great might and badly hurt one of the rats and slew another.  Then a rat stunned him with his spearbutt and another rat helped pick him up and carry the two young captives aboard the ship.  Slavery, it seemed, was all that was left for Brock and Zanaet.

OOC: Mhera you need to say your species and maybe a little more physical stuff about your character.  Your bio is great though and please follow Mheras' example about joining (wheather you are good or evil doesn't matter) so then I won't torture you.  Mhera will not be tortured now.  **Tortures Almkman and Peace Alliance and RazorClaw in ways that should not be known to man and steals all of their cheese.** Join people, join!  

Mhera

Ooc:  Oh yeah.  I'm a ferret, stronger than most female ferrets, scars on right leg from being attacked by a pike, loves the sound of screaming slaves.

Mhera brought the two new slaves back to her ship but then went back to the castle to look it over.  It could work but she would have to stay on the island with her slaves to fix it up.  She decided to sail back to the mainland for she had heard of a wonderful abbey there in Mossflower woods.  That would be her kingdom and she could rule all the land.  With an evil laugh she turned back to the ship and chained the two new prisoners to an oar belowdecks.

Brock

OOC:  I'm changing my species from wolf to otter.  I'll edit all my other posts.  I like the way this roleplay is turning out.  Maybe I'll write a short story about it.

Brock was chained to the oar next to Zanaet.  He looked back at the other creatures.  There were thin mice, squirrels, ferrets, otters, voles, hedgehogs, a couple of old hares, and one big badger.  Suddenly a drum started beating and the other slaves started rowing.  I big rat came up and started whipping Brock and Zanaet and he told them to get rowing.  Brock could tell that his life would be going downhill from here.  "Hey, Zanaet, do you think we'll ever get out of here?"

Pikepaw

The ferret-rat thought that Mhera was a fool after he regained councisness.  He and Brock were beside each other, but what made the ferret a fool was three things, one she left him alive and Zanaet always got back at his enemies; two the crew had taken all their belongings aboard so the two friends could just steal their packs back when they escaped; three the stupid ferret captain was taking them to Mossflower for them.  Zanaet decided to wait and bid his time until they reached Mossflower, then he and Brock would escape with as many slaves as they can.  After that they would grab their supplies and weapons and kill Captain Mhera Blackfur and then the young creatures would be free to do what they liked.  That was the difference between the ferret and ferret-rat, she inslaved creatures and made many live enemies, he always killed his enemies without question.  He answered Brocks' question.
"I have a plan for when we reach the mainland messmate.  We will escape with the other slaves and kill the slavemaster, captain and as much of the as we can."  The big badger patted Zanaet on the back.
"I am with you, ferret or rat, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, together we shall destroy the crew of this evil ship and then we will be free in Mossflower again."  The slaves started discussing plans of escape on the mainland.