Loren Recruits

Started by Angrod Palant?r, October 10, 2003, 06:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angrod Palant?r

Athel Loren has now branched out into two parts:
Loren, the clan comprising of experienced players and those who have gone through Loren Recruits (LRecruit).
Loren Recruits has an aim to teach new players about playing RWL, lend a hand to those struggling in the lower ranks, or help fine-tune strats and playing styles.

All who wish to join Loren must first go through LRecruit, unless I believe it is unnecessary. This way, it is a lot easier to run and teach. Each also has the full support of the other.
The two clans are one, just it is not possible to divide clans up, which means the same rules apply.
The password is also the same. "Orion", just to remind any of those that do not remember.

I recommend any who want to learn more about the game to join Loren Recruits, it could be very beneficial to your RWL future.
I believe wolf bite will take part in the teaching, but I'll have to triple-check that one.

Ashyra Nightwing

Heh... This happened to Blades, just before (or was it after) the big clan war..

~>John<~

before. Then I stompled bladesZ, or whatever it was. then I was high enough Blades stompled me. So I stompled them back :)  
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

wolf bite

The blade 2nd clan was before the war you talk of.  The differance is that when in the blades, we did not have comuncation with the sub clan.

Oh yeah, I as a peaceful player have moved to the teaching clan.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Badrang the Tyrant

Wolf, would I have to go through Recruit training?  I'd go through to help me, but would I have to?

wolf bite

Badrang, You are welcome to send me mail in game if there is something I can help you with.  As far as the Training clan.  It is for newer players. If you want to be part of the Loren talks in the clan forum, you would have to be part of one of the 2 clans.  

Anyone may join the Loren Recruits clan.

To join the Loren clan, our leader, Listen To My Laughter (#545) should be asked.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Scarwake

*doesn't think this 2 clan-Loren bit will work.*  And if it does work, you can throw a rock at me....Because as mentioned above, it didn't work for me....

*chucks a rock at the past*
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Dead Eye

The problem is that if Loren Recruits declares war on some one for something unjust, both clans will. I know you wish to help players Angrod, but all this will do is cause a monarcy.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&#039;http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha&#039; target=&#039;_blank&#039;&gt;http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Spokesperson for The winter clan. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

wolf bite

I have only gone over this a bit with Angrod, But I think that LRecruits will never go to war and will hold to the attack rules of old.  The idea is to give newer players a safe place to test their skills, not to reach the top.  So New players are working with how the game works and we would not want then to be slammed by anyone.  If and when the newer player thinks that they can hold on their own, they will be moved to the main clan.  

This is how I understand things will happen.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Sun Jian

ok i joined the recruits and loren is at war eith the recruits???and i was attacked five times for about 2,000 acres by loren.That not cool.
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Gen. Volkov

Has anyone actually thought this through? *Evil look at Loren commanders an such* I'm thinking that if they do this.. basically what will happen is Good, rich, and highly ranked players will start moving in form the recruits to Loren... and they will completely take over the top 20 or so.. correct me if I'm wrong... but I think this is the beginning of the Loren's monopoly of the high ranked places... because if they are effectively one big caln, then the extremely powerful Loren clan will protect its smaller brethren, and they will move right up in the world.. bypassing all the other warlords and clans.. because no one is crazy enough to attack Loren....
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

calria

There's a limit of something like 12 people per clan, so the main Loren can't dominate TOO much.

Anyway, this sort of situation is only going to last for so long. Eventually, there will be disagreements. No clan lasts forever. (Well, except for Winter, but even that fluxuates in size)

Gen. Volkov

Yeah.. I guess your right.. but with Lrecruits they can at least dominate the top 24 after they run out of places in main Loren.... they might even branch out again.. I'm hoping they don't last too long like you said though.. I mean at least give the little clans a chance! And I know what you mean about winter.. I think they have been here through all the eras....
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Dead Eye

Winter also has what, 4 people in it? Anyways, General you don't get it do you. Holby and Wolf Bite are good guys, Wolf is peaceful, and Holby isn't Ereptor. They aren't tyrants. Wolf Bite has been emperor so many times he has given up trying. Now he only wishes to help people. So lay off. And anyways, they won't be the top 20 because I am in top 20. And trust me, 20 Loren members will never bypass me completely.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&#039;http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha&#039; target=&#039;_blank&#039;&gt;http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Spokesperson for The winter clan. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Gen. Volkov

*Is shamed* Sorry... after the politics and stuff of the first time I was here.. when this place was new... I was number 30-something... I have a really suspiscious mind about his place.. *Readjusts his view* There.. I won't make that mistake again I will lay off, and I'm glad someone *ahem* is finally looking out for the little guys.... anyway... I'm still gald your there... but if they all attack you... well I don't see you surviviing long.... but still I don't want what I said to be true... so thanks for telling me... :)