Voting on the Reset of Regular

Started by Retto, May 04, 2003, 12:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retto

Voting has opened on the reset of the Regular server. Any additions to the list below are welcomed.

Points for:
- Ereptor is a big guy, and lots of people don't want to try and stop him
- No more "oppression" at the hands of an "Almighty untouchable" (unless this happens again next round)

Points against:
- All your work goes down the drain
- You have to spend another 3 weeks or so just building up
- You will never get a chance to topple Ereptor
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

wolf bite

Rebuttal to points against:

As everyone is being eliminated by cheaply paid assassins, the work is going down the drain anyway.

As apposed to 3 more weeks of going down?

Sure as we will start at the same level the enemies he has made will have lots of fun     

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Holby

If it turns out we're having a reset, will it be at the same time as it was before?
I don't particularly feel like getting up at 5AM just to get a good number. You know, that sounds a stupid thing to do, looking back. *Shrug*
Anyhow, as long as it's not on a school day that's fine with me.  ::agrees::
I will not deleted this

Ereptor

What about those on vacation?  Are they getting a chance to vote?  Maybe the voting should be on the forum as well.  I know almost half of those in the top 40 are on vacation.  
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Retto

Then they can come back from vacation. There will be no vote on the forums, because we do nothing to regulate multiple accounts on the forums.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

calria

Quote from: wolf biteRebuttal to points against:

As everyone is being eliminated by cheaply paid assassins, the work is going down the drain anyway.

Sure as we will start at the same level the enemies he has made will have lots of fun     

Wolf Bite
Rebuttal against wolf bite's rebuttals:

1. Not everyone is getting dropped down by "cheaply paid assassins." That's just you and a few other folks. =P

2. Not everyone is going down-down-down. Once again, that's just you and a few other folks.

3. Is being bitter really all that fun? Holding grudges past the reset will only make life more difficult, and the game less fun and more strife-ridden.

wolf bite

Quote from: calria
Quote from: wolf biteRebuttal to points against:

Wolf Bite
Rebuttal against wolf bite's rebuttals:

1. Not everyone is getting dropped down by "cheaply paid assassins." That's just you and a few other folks. =P

2. Not everyone is going down-down-down. Once again, that's just you and a few other folks.

3. Is being bitter really all that fun? Holding grudges past the reset will only make life more difficult, and the game less fun and more strife-ridden.

Rebuttal to the rebuttal:

- you are right, not everyone is getting attacked. but the 15 or so that are not, have the top and there is no fun for the other 84 people who have been giving up their accounts.  Such a lock will have fewer people play when we have chased away some many.

- Same as above. any threat to the top is gatting attacked and of those 15 people that have sold their souls, none are taking action against the top, thus the top is locked.

- I never said that I was going to attack him nor that I am bitter.  I play to win, not to waist turns.  But as a rebuttal to Retto about not getting the chance to attace Ereptor, thay can not now and they could after a reset.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Pikepaw

I made some mistakes and want to reset but that doesn't mean everyone else has to.

When I'm strong enough all who opose me are as smart as a rat at the bottom of the horde.
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

calria

Quote from: PikepawI made some mistakes and want to reset but that doesn't mean everyone else has to.

When I'm strong enough all who opose me are as smart as a rat at the bottom of the horde.
Oh, for God's sake, Pikepaw, shut up.
"Reset" means that the entire game is deleted and re-started. What you're talking about is restarting your account.
Your second sentence didn't even make sense, but keep this in mind- very, very few foolish newbs make it to the top in regular.

Try figuring out what we're really talking about before you jump in and annoy me further, mkay?

Dead Eye

Yea Calria! While Pikepaw is around you can't make fun of me!
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

calria

Quote from: Dead EyeYea Calria! While Pikepaw is around you can't make fun of me!
Nah- I'll never stop that. ;-)

Holby

Quote from: calriaNot everyone is getting dropped down by "cheaply paid assassins." That's just you and a few other folks. =P
As Wolf Bite said, the top must obey the law of Ereptor or be punished. *In the class of "a few other folks"*
I will not deleted this

Lord Redeyes

Quote from: RettoVoting has opened on the reset of the Regular server. Any additions to the list below are welcomed.

Points for:
- Ereptor is a big guy, and lots of people don't want to try and stop him
- No more "oppression" at the hands of an "Almighty untouchable" (unless this happens again next round)

Points against:
I think that resetting the regular server would not be that bad. I currently am spending over a million more than i am making and wouldn't mind thae reset.

Aqualis

Quote from: HolbyAs Wolf Bite said, the top must obey the law of Ereptor or be punished. *In the class of "a few other folks"*
There are a few who are still against Ereptor in the top ten. Me for example. I think I am the only one in the top fifteen who is not in the Northlands.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Dead Eye

Nah, I am in rank 10, and I am burrowed.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov