Bug has been fixed

Started by Retto, May 11, 2003, 11:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retto

The health bug has been fixed in turbo.

Peace Alliance (#9), who was found exploiting this bug for leader/loot instead of reporting it, has been set back by 3/4ths of his current cash.

Bringers of Darkness (#24), was also found exploiting this bug, and has had the same setback.

I am sorely disappointed in both of you.  
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Peace Alliance

see, that would make sense if we knew it was a bug!!! theres nothing anywhere that says that it shouldn't be doing that. theres no rule against using it. i didn't know i HAD to tell you! thats unfare, i worked really hard for that money, i spend days looting. you just took it all away because i was supposed to magicly know it was a bug??? it wasn't an unfare advantage if everyone had the same oppertunity as we had!  

Abby The Rat

Quote from: Peace Alliancesee, that would make sense if we knew it was a bug!!! theres nothing anywhere that says that it shouldn't be doing that. theres no rule against using it. i didn't know i HAD to tell you! thats unfare, i worked really hard for that money, i spend days looting. you just took it all away because i was supposed to magicly know it was a bug??? it wasn't an unfare advantage if everyone had the same oppertunity as we had!
I have given you a warning on you bad grammer and spelling. This is one your worse posting...

Also, it is said in the game rules about bugs that you are not to use any bugs found and all bugs must be reported in the forum or to the game admin.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Retto

Peace, don't plead ignorance. I told you you're not supposed to be allowed to get your health above 100%. I've got records. You got what you deserved, and it's a great deal better than the other option, which was to disable you both.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

calria

I agree with Ad and Retto.
Peace, you have gotten off extremely easily... they should have done something much more severe. You have been posting badly on these forums and playing in the game long enough to know what happens to abusers of the system. Buck up and be a man about it.

Peace Alliance

First, raising your health by 155% DOESN'T give you 75% more money, especially since I didn't have my health that high for very long. I just put it up yesterday. So I?ve lost more then I deserve!

Second, if I didn't know it was a bug, how am I supposed to know not to use it?

Third, I did NOT know it was a bug, I thought it was just something nobody knew about. So how is my punishment not as bad as I deserve? I was playing the game fairly; everyone had the same chances as I have.

Forth, my posts are legible! That?s all I care about, if you English majors have a problem with it then go right ahead and edit every little message I post. This is how I talk, and banning me because of my grammar is discriminating. There was nothing in the sign up agreement that said i had to have perfect English. Pr?farez-vous si je parl? on fran?ais?

Retto

Peace, if you would like me to disable you instead of merely removing some of your ill-goten gains, just ask. Ignorance is no defense - you know that your health isn't supposed to go over 100%. And, if I tell you you aren't supposed to be able to do something, you should know that you aren't supposed to be able to do that.

In addition, you've continued to try, even after realizing this is a bug. You, and Darkness especially - although he's not being as voiciferous in his defense - are treading very close to being disabled on both servers.  
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Peace Alliance

Quoteremoving some of your ill-goten gains
Correction, not some of my ill-gotten gains. You took it all plus much more.

QuoteIn addition, you've continued to try, even after realizing this is a bug. You, and Darkness especially - although he's not being as voiciferous in his defense - are treading very close to being disabled on both servers.

Umm, I checked if the exploit was still working and as soon as I saw that it was. I messaged you and stopped using it. Sorry if it bothers you that I HELPED you out.

Dead Eye

Peace, if I were you, I would drop it. There is no use in argueing with the admins. If you don't like them and their rules, quit. But they basicly are the game, and they worked hard to give us the game. If you don't like RWL, quit and make your own. But It's point'less to argue with the people who created the game.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Peace Alliance

You talk like I am ignorant to these facts? I am well aware my how pointless my arguments are and I am well aware of they're jobs as an admin. But you would be angry too, if you just lost 150 billion dollars. Whether all of it was ill gotten of not.

Dead Eye

Sorry Peace, I didn't mean to preach, I would be angry to. I was just trying to show you that you shouldn't argue with the admins.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

CoolClaw

You guys have to remember, its just a game...
"Ever since using Strongbad's Ab- Abber 2000, the ladies have been all up ons"
-Strongsad

Lend me some sugar, I am your neigbor!

Whats cooler than bein cool? ICE COLD!
Shake it like a Polroid Picture!

calria

Quote from: CoolClawYou guys have to remember, its just a game...
It is just a game to an extent, Coolclaw, but after months of time and effort put into the skill and knowledge necessary to be good, I can see how this stuff becomes very passionate at times. *sigh*

Darkness

In my defense I can plead ignorance because I had no idea that you weren't supposed to raise your health above 100%.  There is no place within the rules of the game, that I know of, that state that you aren't allowed to have you health above this point.  I seriously thought that this was an intended part of the game.  

Also I feel that Peace and I are being unfairly targeted because I believe that Wolf Bite is guilty of the same crime.  How else would he be able to gain so much money with such little land and within such little time.  Then again it seems that no matter what game you play the Admins favor certain players and give money out and the such.  Tsk tsk tsk.  Well I guess I shouldn't expect much when these games are run mostly by college kids and younger kids as well.

I about quit this game one time, and I am now starting to reconsider my decision to stay in the game.  This is the equivalent to punishing a child for taking a cookie that he didn't know was off limits.

Respectfully yours,
Darkness
Who turned out the lights?

"Actually, a woman is more like a beer. They smell good, they look good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" ~ Homer Simpson

wolf bite

Really now?!?!?

Do not bring me in to this health bug. my stats are open to the admins and I am sure they checked the top 10 players when they found you doing it.  I knew of no bug.  How I manage to keep attacking you has nothing to do with cheating, but useing the math of the game.

As far as the admins. I too in the begaining of my playing of this game questioned thier actions. However I have found that they do try the best they can to be fair.  This may be very hard at times for them, but doing their best is all that can be asked.

I have never seen any favors from the admins, I have recieved no gifts from them, and if aything, they check ME out all the time because of my jumps in net worth and the demanding of the posts.

I leave myself open to their investagations becasue I have nothing to hide.

If a game can not be won fairly, then why play?  

A game is doing your best against someone else's best.  When one cheats, there is no glory.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles