What is a Ban?

Started by wolf bite, April 20, 2006, 01:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

What is a Ban?

That question has been posed lately to some of the staff, and it is a good question. A ban is a punishment when given in short term and a refusal to again enter the site on a permanent Ban.

But then some members have been saying that when there is no determent for wrong actions then there is no reason not to do them. So if people have been banned and we as the staff do not enforce it, then there are no rules. With no rules there becomes no reason for others not to also do actions that would cause them to be banned.

The staff has in the past reduced Beatles permanent ban to a probation with a short leash.

But the ban on Josh has never been removed. I maybe have not been following my own rules as I have looked away many times in the last year for accounts he has had on the forum and in game. This has been brought to my attention that I do not have the unilateral right to make that decision. Although banned, he has given us reason to again ban him in game and on the forums several times in the last year. Again I have overlooked those in hopes to bring him back to the honorable player I think he could be.

At the moment, he is not cheating in game that I know of, a few of his forum post would have given him warnings. But the line has to be drawn someplace.

All bans will from now on be enforced unless the Staff has reduced the ban.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

cloud

so does that mean that josh is now permabanned or what?
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Gen. Volkov

He's always been permbanned. 'Bite has just kept overlooking that fact.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Naltaca

That deserves a round of applause. Kudos to you.
COOL STORY BRO

Ereptor

Thats funny cause i found out he was playing and then like the next day he was banned. 
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

cloud

Meh, we don't need joshes help...
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...