Redwall race guide update suggestions

Started by Sevz, July 24, 2009, 01:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juska

Fix the backwards race bonus code for Mercenaries, as things currently are a Marten can buy rats @ $280 and a Rat can sell them for upwards of $320. And apparently it's cheating if you do this even though it is because of a poorly written code that won't get fixed.

All promisance games (with the exception of v4.2+ QM Prom.) have a backwards bonus for the Market Race bonus. What I mean is that a Negative bonus gives that race higher Merc. buy prices, and higher Merc. Sell Prices. Whereas it should give higher Merc. Buy and Lower Merc. Sell. Because a lower selling price is actually a negative. A bonus to Market Race bonus should give Lower Merc. Buy prices and Higher Merc. Sell prices.

Quoted from my post in this thread:

http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=10649.0

I had thought you knew what I was talking about, seeing as you replied to my post in that thread.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

windhound

Quote from: Shadow on December 01, 2009, 04:19:26 PM
Yes - that race chart has had some changes made to it recently. In particular, check out the leadership and loyalty bonuses of a few races. There are other changes too, would need to ask windy for a full list.

I fixed the guide page, the race section pulls directly from the database.  The race page is always up to date.
There are differences in the turbo and reg races, the guide works properly and pulls the correct chart based on what server you're on.  The default, not logged in guide pulls from reg's database.  I made note of the changes a while back, http://windfish.org/racechart.gif   It should still be up to date, no promises though.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Juska

Bump. Anyone have anything to say about fixing the merc code?
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Shadow

Ideally I would like to combine mercs with the public market, while still allowing players to get instant cash. There is actually a lot of discussion in dev about the market, and I will see what I can do to get some of those posts into a place where everone can see them, but I need staff approval for that. Bear with me.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shadow on December 20, 2009, 07:19:21 AM
Ideally I would like to combine mercs with the public market, while still allowing players to get instant cash. There is actually a lot of discussion in dev about the market, and I will see what I can do to get some of those posts into a place where everone can see them, but I need staff approval for that. Bear with me.

Don't do that....We want rwl to be different, but not absolutely different then every other promi game out there. The market and mercs need to stay seperate. Maybe change it up and make the stuff on the market unanimous, but don't combine them.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Shadow

There is more to the idea than that, Ally. Still waiting on word about posting it though.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..