RULE CHANGE (read)

Started by wolf bite, April 09, 2006, 01:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

I think I have posted the answer what is allowable, but maybe so spread out that it is hard to determine. I also want to say that I am not overly happy about this because this is the first time I have been put in a situation where I have to monitor the actions of players rather then directly if they are using multi accounts or abusing bugs.

Official statement:
The ?one rat attack? strategy has been determined to be a programming bug since its intent within the programming is not to let anyone that uses it instantly win with little skill needed. Losing land by attacking someone way bigger was meant only as a penalty so that 10 small accounts are discouraged from suiciding into a top player, that is the reason for it and only that reason it was programmed in to the code. When I can next tie Retto to his computer, this will be the fist bug to be fixed.

It is reasonable that a person may try to attack a much bigger person as they are trying to get the power to win a few times and badly fail. But I can not see anyone attacking their enemy over 3 times knowing they are losing land each time. It is hard to determine the reason for 3 or under attacks. Thus losing land under 3 times will not be questioned. Several accounts joining up to each lose 3 times is not acceptable as the intent to bypass the rules is obvious.

Exceptions:

1) Destroying enemy?s ratio. An attack method that losing land can be used for is to try to destroy an enemy?s ratio by increasing the enemy?s ratio and decreasing the attacker?s ratio. It really should not take more then 3 attacks to do this. But it could take 4, maybe even pushing it 5 attacks. But never more then 5 attacks! I will investigate any attacks over 3 and can tell if the players are enemies and the ratios they are such that the attacker would have to be doing this.

2) Stopping a kill. Often people will want to stop a kill on even a stranger. Losing land to them will stop that kill. Usually only one attack will give enough land to discourage the attackers for wasting more turns. But again, I will over look up to 3. If in desperation the lifesaver has to give more then 3, this can easily be investigated as to the amounts of attacks by the dying accounts attacks on him during the kill run.

3) Helping a friend that is playing leaders and was badly beaten down in land. A person can give land to someone that is about to lose most of their leaders because of low land. However this is limited to 3 attacks. Thus will never have to be investigated. If three land losing attacks does not give sufficient land to your friend to save his leaders, then at least you saved most of them.

In short: Under 3 land losing attacks will always be overlooked. Two or more people teaming up to each lose land to the same guy is grounds for disqualification. More then 5 land losing attacks is grounds for disqualification. Any reports of what seems to be 4 or 5 land losing attacks will be investigated and unless it falls clearly into exception #1 or #2 above, disqualification.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ereptor

9.4 hours ago      (#272) attacked you!     Your enemy lost 5239 Acres of Land attempting to attack you, destroying:
51 Stoats
You managed to destroy:
48 Stoats
9.4 hours ago    (#272) attacked you!    Your enemy lost 4832 Acres of Land attempting to attack you, destroying:
49 Stoats
You managed to destroy:
48 Stoats
9.4 hours ago    (#272) attacked you!    Your enemy lost 4457 Acres of Land attempting to attack you, destroying:
48 Stoats
You managed to destroy:
48 Stoats

and then ...

9.4 hours ago     You find another warlord viewing your stats!
9.4 hours ago    3% of your forces were eliminated by (#272)!
9.3 hours ago    3% of your forces were eliminated by Army of the Apes (#32)!
9.3 hours ago    3% of your forces were eliminated by (#272)!
9.3 hours ago    3% of your forces were eliminated by (#272)!
9.2 hours ago    You find another warlord viewing your stats!
8.9 hours ago    3% of your forces were eliminated by (#272)!
7.4 hours ago    3% of your forces were eliminated by (#272)!
6.9 hours ago    3% of your forces were eliminated by (#272)!
3.5 hours ago    3% of your forces were eliminated by (#272)!

I believe this is a rule violation.  Am I wrong ?
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

wolf bite

Sorry. See exception #1. The attacks were obviously used to harm or to set you up to harm you.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Ereptor

I misread the exceptions and thought they were the rules.  Sigh.  Oh well.  I can play dirty too.
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Alazar is Back

ok, well i recently did this a few days ago, to lower someones ratio, and then i stole from them, but i attacked more than 5 times, i hope that i am not in any trouble for this and it wont happen again!
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Peace Alliance

I looked into that one quite carefully.

You were both clearly enemies, and thus it wasn't a team effort and isn't against the rules.

wolf bite

You may not have read it close enough.

It says OVER 5 attacks, even against an enemy, would be against the rules and those doing it will be punished.  Right now I can't go on to the part of my admin account to prove if all 5 of Alazar's attacks lost land. Lets just not let this happen again where I will have to have shael check.  In other words, DON'T do it again and this will be over looked. Sounds fair?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Alazar is Back

yeah, it sounds perfectly fair, but i lost land to him more than 5 times, i was not only lowering his ratio, but trying to raise mine! But again this will not happen again!
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

wolf bite

Bump!

(iIn response to the turbo topic)

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

The Obliterator

How exactly can you lose land in attacks
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

wolf bite

If a person only uses a small army to attack a horde with with a VERY large army, the attacker could lose some land to the enemy.  This amount of land lost is based on how much land he enemy has, not you.  So if the enemy is really big in land, you could lose a lot of land.  Or maybe ALL your land!

Just ask Peace, he once killed himself attacking me.  (still makes me smile)

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Peace Alliance

I believe land loss has been removed now.

CobyCopper

I've never seen it--does it still work? I know it worked a few years ago... I did it a few times back then.

The Lady Shael

Nope, land loss was removed many months ago.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Holby

Yeah, but none of the admins saw fit to mention it ::) Tricksy things.
I will not deleted this