Some things never change

Started by Craby, October 11, 2007, 09:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craby

Cloaked and in the dark of night a warlord of the past returns to the lands called Redwall.  He stakes out a small plot of land and posts signs around the property that he is peaceful and will send aid to the needy. A venturing tribe assaults the land and leaves the warlord with only 5,000 acres.  The warlord ignores the assault and starts sending massive aid to the young and needy as he maintains in the top 10.  Again the tribe assaults the warlord down to 3,000 acres.  The warlord nicely explains to the tribe that he is peaceful and to please not raid lands so low when even the land farm has 4 times as much for the easy taking.  Considering the matter closed, the warlord grabs the land from the land farm and continues to send supplies to the less fortunate.  The tribe makes a major assault on the warlord and again leaves him at 3,000 acres.

Reluctantly, the warlord dusts off his sword and in a ninja like style, dances around the tribe to show them their weaknesses. The warlord informs the tribe that was simply a display of what they are starting and any further assaults will result in a war.  The tribe sends letters to the warlord that he is weak and whining as they assault the land and declare war!  The warlord makes stronger attacks and gives the tribe one last chance to reconsider.

A war is brewing. It is 4 members of #*&! clan against me.  A fair fight.  Even if this stupidity continues, I still plan on continuing to send aid to the needy.

Scarwake

From hearing news of the problems the aid-rendering warlord was facing from his scouts Scarwake takes move and comes out from his cover since he had saw the attacks.  His white fur blowing in the gentle breeze as tensions among the Warlord and the tribe begin to brew.  Stepping up next to the sword wielding warlord he grasps the leather bound hilt of one of his two sabres, "So I see the some of these brutes have yet to change their ways, eh?  M'name is Scarwake and like you I have had several 'bouts wit these scum.  I will stand wit ye in war for it has been sometime since the clang of metal upon metal has rang so abundantly in these lands."

Unsheathing his sabre,  the wolf aims the sharpened steel point at the tribe bearing teeth and fangs.

OOC:  Hehe its been quite sometime since I've actually rp-ed, so excuse me if my writing is thus lacking.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

cloud

So it seems I'm not the only warlord from the past returning. These punks are nothing but that, and something I don't fear. RWL emperor-ship will soon be mine once again.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

kell

founder of eire

first emp on the new server

The Obliterator

i didnt attack you once :-o

k relize what a stupid mistake clan is making+diddnt have a clue what was going on +have left tribe=wont attack you any more . :?

:-(Mostly cause you killed 1/2 of my army :-(
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

kell

kell stood back watching all unfolding in distant lands he normally didn't bother with warlords so much smaller then him but this was different, it was attacks on a peaceful farmer who only did good.
In one strike kell captured the tribes cities he would tare them down brick by brick in time and hoped the tribe would learn their lesson and wouldn't be stupid enough to try and seek revenge

founder of eire

first emp on the new server

The Obliterator

Huh glad i left the tribe then :-D
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Craby

The warlord awakes to find his land under 5,000 for the fourth time in a week.  As he rubs his eyes he understands that the tribe had yet to receive his last message before they took the strike.  ?Those silly boys have no idea what door they are opening,? he says to himself as he makes his morning tea.  This be very true, the warlord has yet to fully act with his talents.  Simple warning shots are all he had done to show the tribe his supremacy to the young band.

As the warlord is picking up the broken branches he finds the townsfolk arriving for a feast.  In walks Scarwake leader of the brave Blades and a new face Kell the Noble.  Among the crowd is spotted a shy beast named Obliterator.  The warlord puts his paw around the beasts shoulder and says, ?It was simply a preemptive warning.?  Obliterator stands tall and says, ?I take responsibility for the actions of my clan, may we be friends if I send you supplies to rebuild??  The warlord chuckles, ?It is I that will be sending you aid to make you whole after I get my lands green once more.?

Two new beasts have arrived in the town and just out of protection.  The warlord digs deep into his lands and sends aid.

cloud

The cunning and viscous warlord Cloud still stands in the shadows waiting for his move... soon will be the day when he reveals himself as a true power once more.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Craby

(Regular may liven up with all these oldies returning. LOL)

The warlord returns half a day later after delivering over a billion gold to charities to find his land again raided.  This time down to 1,700 acres. 

The tribe had responded to the warlord that never was there a war declared, it be simply a fluke that three hordes in the same clan independently decided that the warlord?s land was needed to feed their young.  The tribe claims that gaining as little as 11 acres per attack is a worthy use of their days!  The land farm?s land is all dirt after all and it be not worth it for them to get ten times the land when the warlord?s little land is so green and ripe.  There be no correlated effort from the tribe. Such a thought is ridiculous to consider.  Even as they send letters as to the warlord?s misunderstanding of the circumstances, the tribe is only accidentally making an attack from one of their accounts each hour as the warlord becomes unmaxed.  It would be undue for the warlord to take such action as personal and there is no reason to retaliate.  How dare the warlord believe the young hordes to be anything but honest in their words?

The attempts made to remain nonviolent have been ??
Ignoring the attacks
Sending courteous mail
Sending steadfast warnings
Showing might and ability
Making a clan extensive assault
Taking the matter to the public tribunal

The warlord sits on the porch of his modest cabin and contemplates whether to laugh hysterically or feel insulted that such lies are being said.  The warlord knows that pulling off his cloak and raising his flag over his lands would make the silly boys rethink.  Profound thought decides this should not be needed and the tribe would only randomly find a new beast to try to bully.  ?Enough is enough,? the warlord screams and he slams his shield against the ground, ?If they want a lesson, then they will get one!?

Gen. Volkov

Volkov looks down from his lofty vantage point, watching the lesser tribes quarrel amongst themselves. He laughs quietly to himself, amused by their antics. To him, losing many thousands of acres is as nothing. He is one who regularly deals in much greater amounts. However, he is not above sympathy. If the noble vermin who gives to the needy is assaulted much more, his sense of honor will force him to intervene in this dispute. There seems to be a new menace in the land, and he will not let the honorless have their way much longer. He begins the necessary preparations, should he have to go to war.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Scarwake

As the assaults tend to continue the white haired wolf sends a scout back to his lands to call for the raising of the old banner, that rarely sees the light of day much anymore.  The banner is hoisted upon its wooden post, slightly tattered from the years of wear but its colors still visible and the symbol upon it still bold and true!  Flapping in the breeze the <==}= symbol is seen and alerts any who wish that war looms near and that all who are able may join under the banner of The Clan of Evil Blades.

"Hmpf...They never do listen do they?  Tell dem once, twice, and thrice but they heed not one's words as it as been seen for many years now as of late.  These new beasties know not of respect."

His quick temper gets the best of him as he lashes out with his sabre cutting down one the bushes nearby....only to find a beast had been behind it taking care of his business.

"Errmmm...uhh...sorry, me mate!"
Emperor of

In-Character Album

cloud

The infamous Warlord has risen to the top once more, if even for but a short while, and has raised the banner of the evil blades high and mighty.
-Kilk

Shadow

i remember the clan of evil blades, but was never part of the war

i think that until peace gets done modding stoat, it is the only race that can effectively hold a top spot against all the other stoats in the game

Why is it that i get into an argument with every oldbie who comes back to this game? The only exception is peace, I don't think I've fought him yet. It must be the huge e-egos :roll:
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Scarwake

I never left the game...I just rarely make The Clan of Evil Blades anymore.  As for ego I really don't have a big one...I usually maintain a spot in the lower part of the top ten, but I've been known to knock a few people out of first place every once in awhile.
Emperor of

In-Character Album