RWL's First Anniversary Celebration Topic!

Started by The Lady Shael, October 13, 2003, 07:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Whoo! Here's to hoping RWL stays around for a /very/ long time...we've all made it this far! If you're a RWLer, player or forum-goer, oldbie or newbie, post here and celebrate with us!

Exactly a year ago, Boze, the Founder Admin of RWL, officially put RWL out for everyone to join. And see how far we've come? All the things we've done, all the new people we've met, everything we've laughed, discussed, and argued about.

Here in this topic, you can bring up old memories from this past year, from Reg or Turbo, on the Forums, from AIM or MSN, from in real life, from anything RWL-related. Go in depth on those memories, explain to everyone from your point of view why you think that's a memorable moment for you. Or you could just hang back in the corner where no one will notice you. That's okay, I'm happy as long as you're here. Have a great time! ^_^
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Peace Alliance

The Lady Shael

*applauds* Way to go, Peace. But you didn't say anything remembering this past year on RWL. *laughs*
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Agglan Muirscant

To commemorate RWL's Anniversary, I got a webcam and a wireless mouse an' keybored! YAY! *dances* Yay for RWL!
Agglan Muirscant, Leader of Agglan's Spearhead horde.

Son of Duke Aubres

Dead Eye

Ereptor. He ruled RWL for the longest time. And then Kilk said he would form the Freedom Force, and that me and John were to lead the Free PEople. But Kilk died, and I started spying for Ereptor. Then Ereptor was able to find out the plans of the forces. And the mercenary killed for Ereptor. And then Ereptor wanted to make Ad the rat a leader, then my memory hazes. I think Ad's acccount and Ereptors disappeared, right?
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Peace Alliance

Quote from: The Lady Shael*applauds* Way to go, Peace. But you didn't say anything remembering this past year on RWL. *laughs*
Didn't think i had the time *wroddle*

Hmmm.... memories.... Well there was this one time where i had been up for a couple of days, and holby was about to go away, so me and him went on a posting spree to see who could post the most. It ended up we had just spammed the forum entirely, probably should have got gagged, but it was REALLY funny stuff. We were trying our HARDEST not to make any sense, i won by lots 'cause i hardly ever make sense in the first place... good times.

Quote from: Dead EyeEreptor. He ruled RWL for the longest time. And then Kilk said he would form the Freedom Force, and that me and John were to lead the Free PEople. But Kilk died, and I started spying for Ereptor. Then Ereptor was able to find out the plans of the forces. And the mercenary killed for Ereptor. And then Ereptor wanted to make Ad the rat a leader, then my memory hazes. I think Ad's acccount and Ereptors disappeared, right?
I remember when i met kilk. I didn't know him, and i had never really seen how good he was. So i talked like i was all bigger then him and he got a little ticked and started talking about how he was once voted one of the top 3 RWL players ever. That set me off, and we got in a few arguements... not a very good start. Then i had a chance to fight him when we were both trying to take down ereptor. That was fun, i reolized that he was actually a really good player. Him being a stoat masser and myself being a rat-masser, we just shared eachothers land for a week or two.

[Merging a double post.]

TR Shadow

The most memorable thing for me...

*Grins* I remember a chat that took place a long time ago.  Let's see, who was in it?  It was me, Shael, and Kilk definetly, but I think ~>John<~ and Bloodrath were in it too.  Well, that had to have been my favorite RWL chat ever.  Shael, he's mine XD.

The Lady Shael

>.<

Oh gosh, somehow, I had the feeling this was going to be dragged up. *laughs* I do admit though, it was pretty fun. (He's MINE, Ju. Sorry. You've got Colin, remember?)

Now, since I said earlier we're supposed to give details, I guess I should, although I should probably leave out most of the disturbing details.

It was in an AIM chat with the people Ju mentioned, but it was really centered around me, Ju, and Kilk. I can't remember how in the world the chat ended up that way, but me and Ju began fighting over Kilk, jumping in his lap and pushing each other out. *giggle* Kilk didn't seem to mind at all, he seemed to be enjoying it. ^_^ So it went on for what seemed forever, and when I mentioned that Ju had her own boyfriend, Colin, Kilk took sides with me. So poor Ju was left out. And me and Kilk have owned each other ever since. :D  I'm sure that was more than y'all wanted to hear.

That was a LONG time ago...I can't even estimate the month...it was great though. ^_^ We need Kilk to comment on that...

Veranor

Memorable.... Hmmmmmm.... Hmmmm....

hmmmm...... hmmmmm....

Learning and doing stuff with Holby in the mornings...
Killing Yellow Eyes...
Finding that one old referer bug that let you spoof your ip...
Chat Convos

This isn't RWL related, but it involved all the RWL Admins and I.
Basically Ad had this PHP project do for school blahblah, and we all spent the night in a chatroom, generally helping the project and or complaining about coding. That was the greatest I think.

Other stuff that isn't RWL related but involves RWL members...

EDIT:::

Ok details you want eh?

1. When I was an even more n00bier n00b than now, about several months ago, I asked Holby for help with Leader Strats, and basically he helped me in turbo. Also there have been times (like this morning), where we help each other out to do something fun in turbo while the rest of you are sleeping...

2. Killing Yellow Eyes... basically we just massed Stoats and killed him, me and some of my other IRL friends because they were bugged at him for something he said IRL.

3. Yeah I found a cool referer bug where you could spoof everything. I made a post about it, and it got fixed, but it was still amusing, finding everything you could do with it. There used to be a file on the servers that reset dead people's networth to 10,000... I accidently excuted it on Turbo (no one was dead though...) ... Also stumbled on the old Story script which didn't work, but was still amusing to see. I didn't do anything too bad, but that was the first time I really poked through the source.

4. Chat Convos... no explanation

Already explained the Ad thing.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

The Beatles

Ho-oy. I found the referer bug. I'm still here, ya know. ^^

Peace Alliance

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPPY BIRFFFFDAY!!!!!!!!!
... again...

I love to think back when i was just a 'lil newb. The game was probably the most fun back then. No worries or anything. in the first era, i didn't have any leaders, any money or food, just rats. I was a rat-masser and i didn't even know it. i got 32 million rats without even putting in an effort. not i find it hard just to get 22 mil and break windhound. Time have changed, but i still love the game. I can't wait till the expansion.

calria

Hmmm...
Ragefur pointing out to me in the first era that I ought to have more than 100 structures built when I have 5,000 land. *giggle*

That, and spying in TBV and EVTF for Josh, even though I never turned up anything decent really.

bjornredtail

Yes....
Zero Hour: Round 1: Redwall:Warlords:
Late one night someone by the name of Boze dropped by the Terrouge forums. I was just about to log off, when I saw another post in Websites section. Into the topic I went, the first post containing a link to the old Xepher server. I signed up, almost randomly chose Weasal as my leader's race, and 'Northland Raiders' as my hordes' name. I read the game guide, and went to work. I set my training settings to mass weasals, thinking that they would provide a cheap defence. Within a cupple of turns, I was Emporior! Rank #1.

Endgame: Round 1: Redwall: Warlords: Dark Empires Expantion:
Security violations were to cause a premature gamewide reset, the turn rate had been dubbled. I had been sworn to destroy one horde, Tarsonis or however that was spelt. A frined of mine hated him, and he had put in a 4 strike land grab at the wrong time. I massed a 3 million leader army, and charged. Had I another hour, I would have gained rank #1. But he got on, and managed to land a retal attack. It marked the end of round 1 for #2

After the implamention of DEX: Round 1: Redwall: Warlords: Dark Empires Expantion:
A feature had been added to RWL, a drop down menu of warlords to message. The problem was, the defult horde was #2. So every time a message was missent it landed on my doorstep. I tried to make the most of this, but only one good piece of intelgance managed to be gained, which proved worthless in the end.

Round 2: Endgame
At the end of Round 2 I came back to find the Northland Raiders killed off due to lack of activity. I asked the admis to restore my account, but no responce was made. In a last ditch effort, I started another horde, Last Ditch Effort to get the scores listing at least. Thanks to this admin oversight which has yet to be corrected I have lost my carefully kept records.

Round 2: Rise of Ereptor:
I knew it. After jumping clans once, I demanded of Deathclaw to remove Ereptor from our clan. If we had gone to war, we might have stopped him from optaining rank #1. However, Deathclaw, our clan leader descided to let him remain in the clan, as he did hold the top rank.... Then we got word from an informant, *coughFenixcough* that Ereptor was planning to stab us in the backs, again. We made ready as best we could, and tried to throw  Ereptor off with an attempt to get everyone to go to war with another clan I belive. It didn't work, as our informant was also a dubble agent, giveing away my role in the entire operation.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

The Beatles

Actually, to be fair, I found the first referer bug, and you found the second. They were of equal importance, I should think. First was through URL, second was through forums. We each reported the one we had found, I, the URL one to Boze, and you the forums one here at the Bug Forum.

Abby The Rat

ONLY FOR TODAY...

What you post in the spa room for today.. will count to your post count..

.err... ~cough and puts on a battle hat~
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]