Turbo Theme Contest

Started by The Lady Shael, June 14, 2010, 08:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on June 24, 2010, 10:28:19 PM
I don't know enough about the code or Turbo in general, but I think a realism theme would be cool. Not sure how'd it'd be implemented exactly... But have the necessary changes that would make it like any real war. Alliances are crucial, attacking has more ill effects, counter attacking someone would have great bonus due to troop morale, and attacking just for the sake of land would be practically counter productive (like in real life).

Yeah... vague, oh well...
This mixed with Volks for some epic winz.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

In order to incorporate allies into realism, we could count part of your allies net in calculating troop desertions. Ie, when you attack someone, the net that your troops perceive is something like:

your net + 0.2*(allies net)

That way, someone with powerful allies will cause large desertions even if they wouldn't by themselves.

Troops that desert could end up spread out over people's mercs.

Little things like that.

You could make loyalty production go down when you fail attacks, and go up with you succeed. Loyalty production could go down if you are low on resources and go up if resources are abundant.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Dirty Harry

Have a Clint Eastwood clan, a Chuck Norris Clan and an Arnold Schwarzenegger all fighting each other.
Spa Regulator.

"Go ahead, make my day."

Twilight Shadow

Quote from: Shadow on June 25, 2010, 01:31:48 PM
You could make loyalty production go down when you fail attacks, and go up with you succeed. Loyalty production could go down if you are low on resources and go up if resources are abundant.

Actually have a higher loyalty production for low amount of resources and have a lower production making it harder to increase and give a chance for noobs and slow pace players to stay in the game and stand a fighting chance to the "experts"

Twilight Shadow

ok I give up holby

There is an edit button for a reason you know
Shadow, modding

Shadow

QuoteActually have a higher loyalty production for low amount of resources and have a lower production making it harder to increase and give a chance for noobs and slow pace players to stay in the game and stand a fighting chance to the "experts"

Ungatt's idea was realism, and what you suggest is the opposite of realistic. In the real world, the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. Not that that would make for a very fun game, admittedly, but a realistic one.

Plus if this were the case a good player could exploit it easily to store up loyalty at the start of the round and cash in later.

Twilight Shadow

Yes if they were smart meaning realistic the only way up from the bottom would be invest in loyalty and go and the powerful can knock down the poor still it is how you decide what is considered a poor net 10 or 20 million or something

and sorry about the double post forgot i had already posted there :wink:

Shadow

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Firetooth

Quote from: Twilight Shadow on June 26, 2010, 08:31:28 AM
Yes if they were smart meaning realistic the only way up from the bottom would be invest in loyalty and go and the powerful can knock down the poor still it is how you decide what is considered a poor net 10 or 20 million or something

and sorry about the double post forgot i had already posted there :wink:
Unbalanced and realistic aren't always the same.
Indiers need more power as a solo race, I say. Juska and Shadow have both done good jobs, but the strat just isn't sustainable as a winning race unless in a round where there are no huts.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Tis true. The hope with open atl op losses and open atk op affected by shields is that a takedown of an indy is no longer an easy thing to do - indeed, for any race except stoat, taking down an indy player now is pretty much a takedown on yourself as well. And the stoat will have to spend rather large amounts of loyalty to avoid that effect. An indy with shields will be able to stand up solo against a solo leader player now, I think.

Twilight Shadow

???
No point for me to argue when not understanding the code yet...

Genevieve

Quote from: Twilight Shadow on June 26, 2010, 11:29:22 AM
???

you speak in code?

Firetooth

Twilight Shadow

Quote from: Genevieve on June 26, 2010, 07:58:00 PM
Quote from: Twilight Shadow on June 26, 2010, 11:29:22 AM
???

you speak in code?

Yes in other programs

Twilight Shadow

Directed towards mod: Yes I am double posting whatever need someone to read it to update the date so people will read.

Shaelor Admins: Are we ready for the theme poll? Since no one else is going to post and if their is the poll will there be a link to describe the nominations?