Loren's not the bad guy?

Started by calria, September 18, 2003, 01:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calria

Loren is talking such a big line about Winter hitting them all the time, and how sweet and innocent they are and all of this bloody nonsense.

I hit Ouwe To Gata Solo one time, as below:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 06:12:58 -0700 Mistresses of the Black Lagoon (#484)
Clan: ___/\___ Ouwe To Gata Solo (#520)
Clan: Loren Frontal Assault
Defense Held

I didn't even take any land. It was a simple attempt at a land grab, because all I do is land grabs, unless it's retaliation.

I got on my account 2-3 hours later, after my algebra class, to find TEN attacks on me from him, taking over 6,000 acres, when I only had 21,000 to begin with.

I am honoring Ad's wish that Loren not be attacked now, however.
I have taken, in the time since the clan was founded, not over 750 acres from the entire clan.

If Loren were an honorable clan, as it seems to wish to appear, this would not have happened. Of course, I hold the entireity of Loren responsible for this, since they insist, apparently, on holding the whole of Winter responsible for the actions of its members.

If this action is sanctioned by Loren, I'm completely disgusted with the warlords comprising the clan. In regular RWL, I'm borderline HPR. I am NOT a threat to the top ten, and this fact should be obvious to anyone in the game.

Oooh, big bad warlords can take down the weaker links of Winter, claim that that's retaliation, and not have to deal with taking down as many of the big guns in the clan. How brave of you all.  

Dixie Ros?

Lol, I hate Loren. But all the members are tough. *Runs sore rear*
user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"
 "Sarah! That was so uncalled for! *grumbles in a threating way*"
"*huggles a Retto plushie secretively*"

Dead Eye

Calria, 520 hit me also, when I sked politely that I could not get on my account and not to hit me. Not only did he hit me, he destroyed me! I got his stats, I will be posting them.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Checkerpaw

Heh, apparently the leader of the Loren clan was just destroyed.  Some Lasta warlord.  Just thought I'd mention that.

Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Dead Eye

That is right. Me and TJ attacked him a few times, then Almkman with 400 turns finished him off. We did not want this war. In one redwall book, lord brooktree they said

"To kill a snake you have to cut off it's head" or something like that. We did not want this war. We are hoping that the new leader will see it our way and stop this war.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Abby The Rat

But what if this snake a worm? No head
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Dixie Ros?

And Loren is surely a worm...
user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"

Checkerpaw

Then they'll just have to be destroyed one member at a time, no?
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Dead Eye

Hopefully it wont come to that. We have talked with the new leader and I think he may talk peace. And Angrod, I am deeply sorry it came to this. Don't come back with more anger and rage. You made us do it. We wanted peace.  

Dixie Ros?

I'm working on kicking the poo out of the weakest one...
user posted image

Mikalae Gildar

I hit several of them so hard they went down like 15 places in ranking.  I feel sorry to have left Winter, but it was so hard to watch the right ones (The Blades and their Allies) being attacked and despoiled by the cruelty of Loren.  That is why I left Winter, and now, oh ho oh! I'm on Blades, and this time, it's personal.  I will not rest until peace is mad or their clan is fractured, whichever comes first, preferably the latter.  Blades forever!

*raises sword*
*army shouts and stamps paws in a patriotic fervor*
"Onward, to Athel Loren!*
*Army yells "Onward to Loren!" BLAAAAAAAAAADES!"*
*Massive hordes charge forward, battle light in their eyes.*

By the way, I need ideas on my History I'm writing for this clan warfare.  Who actually started this?  How did it escalate?  I need some information so I can make this really cool.  I'm writing it like a historian would, third person most of the time, but with some 1st person eyewitness accounts of battles and everything.  It's gonna be cool!
"A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place, to force them to acknowledge your greatness."

"Then you kill them?"

"...Only if it's necessary."

--Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "Sacrifice of Angels"

Angrod Palant?r

If you want some actors Mikalae, I'll be the helpless victim.

Quote from: Checkerpaw
Then they'll just have to be destroyed one member at a time, no?
They won't, because Loren will survive. In the event I am targeted and killed once more, I will continue to remake, and I'm sure my members will support me.

Angrod Palant?r

Quote from: calriaLoren is talking such a big line about Winter hitting them all the time
Loren has only been in existence for less than a week and have consistenly been hit by Winter.
Quoteand how sweet and innocent they are and
I don't remember calling myself "sweet", nor the clan. Innocent? Yes, we have done nothing wrong.
Quoteand all of this bloody nonsense.
:huh:

Quotehit Ouwe To Gata Solo one time, as below:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 06:12:58 -0700 Mistresses of the Black Lagoon (#484)
Clan: ___/\___ Ouwe To Gata Solo (#520)
Clan: Loren Frontal Assault
Defense Held

I didn't even take any land. It was a simple attempt at a land grab, because all I do is land grabs, unless it's retaliation.
How were they supposed to know you only make land-grabs? How were they supposed to know that if you had not broken, you wouldn't have taken all their land?
THEY DIDN'T.
So hitting back 10 times is a fair call, in my opinion. You should be lucky it wasn't 21.
If someone tries to rob your home, but are stopped, does that make them innocent? Does that mean they shouldn't be dealt with?
No.
It is the same principle.

QuoteIf Loren were an honorable clan, as it seems to wish to appear, this would not have happened.
If Winter were a peaceful clan, as it seems to wish to appear, my members would not have been harmed.

QuoteOf course, I hold the entireity of Loren responsible for this, since they insist, apparently, on holding the whole of Winter responsible for the actions of its members.
The difference being that Loren has done no wrong, whereas Winter had, in beating up my members.
Ad also assured me that Winter was its members, it was not run by him, but by all. You're telling me I can not hold Winter responsible for Winter? :huh:  

QuoteIf this action is sanctioned by Loren, I'm completely disgusted with the warlords comprising the clan. In regular RWL, I'm borderline HPR. I am NOT a threat to the top ten, and this fact should be obvious to anyone in the game.
Disgusted, huh? Because someone attacked you and took 6k. That's weak. In the first era, I attacked a member of your clan. You hit me because of it, and took the majority of my land in a series of attacks.
Seems you can give it, but not take it.
Why should the fact that you're "not a threat" be obvious to anyone in the game? Not everyone has the time to check up on you.
On the subject of you being borderline HPR, that's debatable. You have about the average number of attacks for those near your number, maybe more.

QuoteOooh, big bad warlords can take down the weaker links of Winter, claim that that's retaliation, and not have to deal with taking down as many of the big guns in the clan.
That statement really annoys me. It was in retaliation to attacks made on us, the news says so.
I also told Ad to not set us to Ally as it would not be fair for you to be unable to hit back. However, he persisted in his ideas and made sure you couldn't hit back, so everything was square. He said so last night when I was speaking with him. Check if you don't believe what I'm saying.
About this "big gun" "weaker link" thing, I haven't a clue as to what you're on about. Who are these big guns you speak of? Yourself? *Laughs*. If you're referring to those who no longer belong to Winter, then it isn't any of their business to defend anythow.
QuoteHow brave of you all
The taunt hasn't done you much good.

Angrod Palant?r

Quote from: Dixie Ros?Lol, I hate Loren.
Agreeing with the common opinion doesn't put you in a better light, nor was it very funny.
You're just a sheep.

Quote from: Dixie Ros?And Loren is surely a worm...
Dunno what that is supposed to mean, care explaining? Wait, I forgot! Sheep don't know how to explain what they say, because it's others words coming out of their mouths! (or rather, through their fingers).

Quote from: Dixie Ros?
I'm working on kicking the poo out of the weakest one...  
*Smiles sarcastically* Wow, aren't you great! Would you like a treat for your efforts?
Beating up the lowest ranked member proves you are the bestest ever! Let's all cheer for The Sheep again!

Angrod Palant?r

Quote from: Dead EyeCalria, 520 hit me also, when I sked politely that I could not get on my account and not to hit me. Not only did he hit me, he destroyed me! I got his stats, I will be posting them.
You told me not to hit you, and I didn't, though I can't speak for the rest of the clan.  
Amazingly, you just "happened" to get your account back to help kill me.
Suprising how that works, no?

Quote from: Dead Eye
In one redwall book, lord brooktree they said

"To kill a snake you have to cut off it's head" or something like that. We did not want this war. We are hoping that the new leader will see it our way and stop this war.
You're comparing my clan to a snake? We are not deceitful, nor are we evil, nor do we slither.
This clan's "head" can be placed back on, if you insist on this snake comparison (*sighs and rolls eyes*). I am once more in control of Loren and  intend to carry on this war with Blades at the moment.

You say you did not want the war, but you brought it on yourself, explained elsewhere. How many times do I have to repeat myself!?

Quote from: Dead Eye?
Hopefully it wont come to that. We have talked with the new leader and I think he may talk peace. And Angrod, I am deeply sorry it came to this. Don't come back with more anger and rage. You made us do it. We wanted peace.

I am leader, and only don't appear so because Sun Tzu has not had a chance to change it.
Anger and rage? I am not expressing either, but don't expect me to be bright and cheery.
I did not make you do it, TJ was the cause of it, and you were the only one "negotiating peace" for your clan.
I get the feeling you're trying to justify your actions to yourself, not me. Don't bother.