Loren's not the bad guy?

Started by calria, September 18, 2003, 01:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty

So....... let me get this right.   Ad is leader of a clan, but has the rights to read all mail in the game and go into all the clan forums?  Then when there is a fight on the forum where BOTH sides are pushing the limmits, he picks sides?  How come the stratigy of WINTER and the BLADES about killing the Leaders of the clans do not count for the leader of WINTER?  I never knew how one sided this game in untill now.   :angry:  :angry:

Geting back to the the reason for this topic:

I find it interesting that Loran was asked not to attack someone as they got to full turns so they could attack Loran. If you think Loran is not real smart, you are right, we trusted you. We will not make the same mistake again.

Now you ask for peace, after killing our helpless leader and backstabing us with a fack truce. Hummm, I think we should call a truce so that we can waste our turns as you save up turns to gang attack us again to take out more low ranked members of our clan.

This game has seen new lows!  

QUOTE (Dead Eye @ Sep 18 2003, 09:48 PM)
Hopefully it wont come to that. We have talked with the new leader and I think he may talk peace.  

That would be me, the new leader of Loran. This statement made by Dead Eye is not true. I did get 2 letters from the Evil Blades.

One from Scarwake saying he had just noticed the death of the leader of Loran and he was sorry the Evil Blades had done it. Checking his News, he attacked as much as the rest of the Evil blades causing the Kill.

The other one was from Dead Eye. He told me that they plan on killing whoever is the the leader of Loran, and if I do not agree to his terms, my death will be next! I had fully wanted to stay out of this disagreement. I do not take well to threats against my life and lies.

I think this topic was whether Loran is the bad guy here. I think we have shown who are the ones without honor.

Sun Tzu
Leader of Loran

calria

What I'd like to know is Who ARE all of you Loren people?
All of you have new forum names, and haven't been heard of before all of this, at least not on the names you're going on now... and yet, you seem conversant with the game and with our customs. So are you lambasting new players who happen to have a knack for the game, or older players who refuse to show your true faces?

Checkerpaw

Quote from: BrainHowever, don't feel singled out. ?I say this is true for anyone who attacks not for land, but for the simple pleasure of crushing the hopes of others. ?All you sadistic people out there who tremble at the though of attacking those stronger than you, and have to spend your turns attacking those people 30 ranks below yourself.
I am looking at his history and I point out:
Checkerpaw's Horde II (#494)
Revengers of Evil (#411)
The Sockferrets (#49)

All of these empires are considerably stronger than him.
In fact, this weakest member of Loren has the smallest ammount of land in the game out of EVERYONE, yet he is still being attacked.
Look, don't bring me into your little tirade.  If you would actually look at the record, you would find that I have rarely attacked warlords who are weaker than I am unless they attack me first.  The latest (weaker) warlord I went after attacked me four or five times, and I lost almost 2,000 acres (or 1/6 of my total land) in the process.  Do you expect me to just sit around and say that because they're new to the game, I'm going to let them pick me apart?  I would also point out that on numerous occasions, I have attacked many warlords who are more powerful than I am.  Just yesterday, I attacked Scarcheek once, who is number 7 on the list.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Brain

He attacked you 4 times, taking 1731 acres.... 1/6th of your land.
You attacked him 12 times, taking 946 acres.... 1/3rd his land.

Out of curiosity, why do you suppose he stopped attacking.  It looked like he probably could have taken more if he wanted too, but he didn't.  He didn't run out of turns either, because he took a shot at someone else.

True, I cannot speak for someone elses motives, but it seems to me, that he figured 4 attacks against one empire is enough.

If you wanted land back, you could have tried to take it from someone who had lots.  You may have been able to get you 1731 acres back and it would have only cost you the turns of 3 or 4 attack, rather than 12.
You may have been able to capture all the land you got back in those 12 attacks (946 acres) in a single strike against a stronger foe.   Because turns are so valuable, it stands to reason that you should want to achive your goal using the least number of turns possible.

12 attacks... that is... what 96 turns ( 2 attack turns+ 6 recovery turns = 8 turns per attack).  That is a lot of turns, almost a days worth, used to get 946 acres.   If you had attacked someone stronger than yourself, you could have gotten the land using much fewer turns.  I bet you could have even scouted out that land in fewer turns than it took you to take it.

Dead Eye

Angrod, please don't do this. I seriously hate this war. And I did get my account on thursday, just like I said I would. I also hoped that killing you would end this. Please Angrod, what is the point of this war? Just cause you hate us? This is getting nothing done for either clan, and as much as I want to help TJ I am leaving blades soon just to get out of this war and help Aus kill blood wake and become emperor. Please Angord, I am sorry. TJ is sorry. End it now...
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Checkerpaw

Quote12 attacks... that is... what 96 turns ( 2 attack turns+ 6 recovery turns = 8 turns per attack). ?That is a lot of turns, almost a days worth, used to get 946 acres. ? If you had attacked someone stronger than yourself, you could have gotten the land using much fewer turns. ?I bet you could have even scouted out that land in fewer turns than it took you to take it.

I didn't use anywhere near 96 turns.  I attacked him 12 times, using 24 turns, then I used about 20 turns looting to gain some money and get my health back up.  I wasn't just interested in getting land back, I was interested in getting it back from the person who took it from me.  When someone attacks me, I will attack them back.  If someone attacks me once, I will probably only retaliate two or three times at most, depending on how much damage was inflicted upon me.  If someone attacks me repeatedly (more then three times) I will return fire until I gain the ground that I lost (unless a warlord is too strong, of course.)  It's as simple as that.  I'm not out to get anyone, I'm not targeting those who are new and/or weak, but I am out defend myself from those who attack me.  I think it is ridiculous for you to tell me how to play the game, and analyze how many turns I used attacking and how many turns I could have used scouting, and so on and so forth.  You worry about your own empire.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Almkman

These Loren members are mostly newbies.Who have never participated in the forums or kept it to a minimum.Loren members should really stop whining about getting attacked.It is a clan war and others are participated in it.They chose they just don't want complete war.So deal with the attacks and get on with your lives.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Angrod Palant?r

Quote from: almkmanThese Loren members are mostly newbies.Who have never participated in the forums or kept it to a minimum.Loren members should really stop whining about getting attacked.It is a clan war and others are participated in it.They chose they just don't want complete war.So deal with the attacks and get on with your lives.
I've read all of your posts on this topic, and the only reason they have been overlooked is because they are untruthful, filled with flaws and bad grammar, unfounded and pathetic.
You should also note the rules of these forums. "newbie" is not allowed. I hope you're gagged.
I am not a newb, nor have I not posted frequently on this forum before.
Loren members should really stop whining about getting attacked? calria was the one who brought this "number of attacks" thing up! and because she got attacked a mere 10 times! I had my horde killed, do you think I'm happy!?
There are no half-measures in war that I know of. You don't break someone's nail and claim you won, the whole thing being over. It doesn't work that way.
Grow up.

Abby The Rat

~Coughs at Angrod~ You should read the rules again and see where it says that.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Almkman

I would not really care if I get banned.I have been banned before.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Holby

As far as I can remember, the term "newbie" was banned, unless I'm hopelessly confused. (Which is possible).
The rules do say they can change "on the whim of the admins", and this appears to be the case. The first thing I do every day is not look at the rules, but maybe I should, if such things are happening consistently.
I digged up this: http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?a...=2841&hl=newbie

I'm sure we would all like to be informed when admin suddenly change their mind about how things are run. :rolleyes:
Angrod seems to have been unluckily caught out for not memorising the rules list every few days.
I will not deleted this

Dead Eye

Holby, I agree that they should have told us newbie was reallowed. But Angrod has got almkman and winter and others angry, so they are venting their frustration on him. We are just angry. But yes, Angrod cant be yelled at for saying newb isn't allowed, I actually just found out by Ad a second agao.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov