ROME

Started by The Weasel Liberation Mov, October 29, 2003, 09:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkenne

Man, these Romans are popping up like weeds. That Constantine guy is really overconfident, like most of them, you're right about that, Shael...

The Weasel Liberation Mov

Constantine -

As I said, I'm sorry. On first look, your clan crier page looks hostile to everyone. Reading it again, it doesn't seem too bad. I once again must state that I am really sorry for jumping to conclusions.  :(

Kilk -

Well... They aren't necessarily overconfident. In my opinion, many other oldbies around here are even more over-confident. Just because ROME may be over-confident doesn't mean that the oldbies aren't worse...

They seemed hostile to me at first, but they actually seem nice enough. I just wish their diplomatic  stance wasn't so unfriendly...

Nero -

Once again, I'm sorry for offending you. You, at least, seem rather friendly.
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

EmpNero

WLM and Shael, nero wasnt that offended, nero says he's fine about it
windhound, yeah..  nero wishes he had thought about how he wanted his name to look before signing up, but Emporer Nero is a proper noun, so...
yeah, us romans are fairly harmless..  though, nero says that thats contraditory, because the romans of olde were quite violent..  this is where you must look at the individaul members/emporers of rome..  
each has their own style..
A Deranged Emperor of Rome?
Formerly of the clan Rome

Commodus

Meh...
*gathers legions*
*smacketh weasel man*

~An Extremely Hostile Enemy of Rome~

Trajan

*glances at RazorClaw contemtuously* You gray old fool. Go back to your dung pile. ROME shall conquer. We are now in a bit of a bad spot, but soon you shall die!!!

Domitian

Dead Eye, how about you shut your mouth! And I think us Romans are better then your "oldbies" We after all, show our names. Most of you hid and never say your names in game. ~cough Dead Eye cough~ The orginal Romans were hostile, I mean, their orgin was from two twin brothers who were raised by the wolves. After founding Rome the two brothers fought, and one ended up killing the other by hiting him over the head with a rock. That is how the first king of Rome was crowned. By killing his twin brother with a rock. We are violent, but each to his own.  
 Domitian of the Roman Empire, one of the 11 Emperors.

Gen. Volkov

Uh right.... that would be a legend... with little to no basis in fact... and I retract my earlier statement.. some members of ROME are hostile.. some are not...
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Veranor

Quote from: DomitianAnd I think us Romans are better then your "oldbies" We after all, show our names.
HAHAHAHAAHAHAH... you're kidding me right? My hunch, as usual gets more correct and correct.

Lets break this down. Deadeye came out with that information about a month ago? That means you've read every piece of spam/nonsense/and GD for over a month? Or you're really just an "oldbie" (or some of you are), in disguise?

Since Beatles is one of the romans, (we know because he posted under his Rome account when referring to his already known account), which leads me to believe that you others are A: Taught by him and B: his friends. This also leads me to believe (on point B ) that A: You are good players or B: You are a mixed group, being taught by some of the best people to ever grace this game.

Either way...

BTW: If any romans contact me, I'll take this out.

And: referring to Orcrist's post... ummm I'd change that quick. You're A: Either really serious, B: Are a Roman or know who the Roman's are, and attempting to downplay this.

EDIT2: You know, I'm probably going to sound stupid here, but doesn't dominus mean lord/master... so Domitian...? I dunno, I don't know a lot about Roman History, we only spent a little while on it, though I should learn, as a lot of my heritage lies there. Whatever though
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Dead Eye

Legend can be a true story. fact is no one knows if it really happened. And Joe, all their names are real Roman Empires from the past, I found out. ~did Rome in S.S. all last year~  Anyways, I think these Romans are just Beatles friends or something. They aren't that good, look at them.

By the way Mr. Domitian, I am doing a strat that secretive is needed. I need to make sure no one knows who I am. And trust me, I could take you any day.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Orcrist

Umm- Veranor. Obviously you don't know- my only account right now is Knights Templar on turbo. Enjoy attacking me- I'm in KM. As to who the ROME people are, I have no clue- my plans, personally, are just to try and figure out the game on turbo, and then, join regular, with an understanding of the game.  
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Gen. Volkov

Er.. actually my post about legends may have been a little been influenced by how annoyed I was earlier.. actually legends are originally true stories that have been exaggerated over the years, yet still do contain some element of truth. I have a really good example of this.. but it would offend Christians who take every word of the Bible literally.. and I've already been scolded for that once.. so I go with the Legend of Paul Bunyan... there probably was a very large man who once chopped down trees in the Northwest.. but he wasn't as big as they say and he probably didn't have a giant Blue Ox.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Dead Eye

Exactly. That is what I am saying. I doubt a she-wolf raised the twins and yet some how they showed up and started a kingdom and could speak Latin. I mean, thats plain stupid. But I have no doubt two twin brothers fought each other to be the first king of Rome
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Gen. Volkov

Oh.. I thought you meant the entire story was true... yes, two brothers probably did fight for control.. especially if historians are correct about the real founders of Rome.

Kilkenne

Errr...That's just the widely believed legend of the starting of Rome, that's what Volkov means, Deadeye...Kinda just adds to the mystique of the culture.

Veranor

Quote from: Dead EyeLegend can be a true story. fact is no one knows if it really happened. And Joe, all their names are real Roman Empires from the past, I found out. ~did Rome in S.S. all last year~  Anyways, I think these Romans are just Beatles friends or something. They aren't that good, look at them.

By the way Mr. Domitian, I am doing a strat that secretive is needed. I need to make sure no one knows who I am. And trust me, I could take you any day.
I know they're all Roman Emperors. Or at least I knew the majority of them. Still though, I think it's a mixed group. You should know yourself especially that people can bluff and have stuff up their sleaves!
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org