Corsair

Started by Saladin, June 11, 2008, 06:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Quote from: Checkerpaw on June 13, 2008, 03:32:16 PM
Quote from: Firetooth on June 13, 2008, 10:32:38 AM
This is pathetic. Spelling doesn't make a person nicer or not nicer. Back off now.

Would you like to amend the above statement in light of certain other posts Thomas has made in another thread?

content has nothing to do with spelling, so he's right. Stop being a butt.

QuoteChecker, you're being pathetic. Act mature, flaming someone's spelling is needless.

I had no intent of flaming someone.  I honestly, dead seriously could not figure out what "biest" was supposed to be
[/quote]

There aren't very many similar words in the English language, and your inability to deduce what he meant is not something you want to be advertising to the world. Every post you make here is a waste of space. Start contributing something original to the thread or don't post at all.

Quote.  And I think this chap is misspelling words on purpose anyway, unless he's eight years old in real life, in which case he probably shouldn't be posting on internet message boards in the first place.

Some people can't spell well. Thank whatever deity you worship that you aren't one of them, and move on. No need to belittle others because they lack an ability you possess... you don't see them belittling you for your lack of personality do you?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

thomaskreisman

I am a high school freshman and I just plain old can"t spell< my mon has never been able to< nor my dad or grandparrents

Saladin

Quote from: thomaskreisman on June 14, 2008, 09:12:16 AM
I am a high school freshman and I just plain old can"t spell< my mon has never been able to< nor my dad or grandparrents

Das cuz yous from da South, whur no 'un spells good!

Starfish love you

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Shadow on June 14, 2008, 08:06:12 AM

Some people can't spell well. Thank whatever deity you worship that you aren't one of them, and move on. No need to belittle others because they lack an ability you possess... you don't see them belittling you for your lack of personality do you?

I have a tremendously charming, winning personality.  Everyone loves me.  You can try to hide it, but I know you do too.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Saladin

Quote from: Checkerpaw on June 14, 2008, 04:49:30 PM

I have a tremendously charming, winning personality.  Everyone loves me.  You can try to hide it, but I know you do too.

Your not that witty, but I like you, and chuckle at many of your jokes (particularly the ones towards alazar and Shadow).
Starfish love you

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Saladin on June 14, 2008, 04:56:52 PM

Your not that witty, but I like you, and chuckle at many of your jokes (particularly the ones towards alazar and Shadow).

Thanks, that's kind of the goal.  At least someone isn't taking me too seriously here ;)

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Saladin

Quote from: Checkerpaw on June 14, 2008, 05:01:03 PM

Thanks, that's kind of the goal.  At least someone isn't taking me too seriously here ;)

*Nods*
Yeah, some people get WAY too worked up over your sarcasm.
Starfish love you

Shadow

Quote from: Saladin on June 14, 2008, 05:16:03 PM
Quote from: Checkerpaw on June 14, 2008, 05:01:03 PM

*Nods*
Yeah, some people get WAY too worked up over your sarcasm.

I wouldn't mind if it was good sarcasm that wasn't a direct flam every time, but his bran of sarcasm is putting down people who are generally smarter and/or better at the game than he is, and it's sad.

Firetooth

I agree with shadow. Saladin, dont get me wrong, checker's funny, but he constantly double posts and flame baits and flames people every post. He doesn't like tom just because his spelling is poor, shadow because they threatened sharptooth, and I have no clue as to why he dislikes alazar.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Firetooth on June 15, 2008, 06:35:55 AM
I agree with shadow. Saladin, dont get me wrong, checker's funny, but he constantly double posts and flame baits and flames people every post. He doesn't like tom just because his spelling is poor, shadow because they threatened sharptooth, and I have no clue as to why he dislikes alazar.

I actually love Tom, since I find his, shall we say, strident anti-gay beliefs to be amusing (you would not believe the apparently random in game message I got from him).  I love Shadow because no matter what is said, he'll find a way to take it too seriously (and threaten someone in the process), and Alazar I'm starting to warm up to.  He's so much fun to banter with.

Firetooth

LOL, we love you really checker :D
hehehehe
Seriously, calm down the flames.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Quote from: Checkerpaw on June 15, 2008, 07:56:23 AM

I actually love Tom, since I find his, shall we say, strident anti-gay beliefs to be amusing (you would not believe the apparently random in game message I got from him).  I love Shadow because no matter what is said, he'll find a way to take it too seriously (and threaten someone in the process), and Alazar I'm starting to warm up to.  He's so much fun to banter with.

If you are going to be a butt I am going to talk back to you. You are one of the only forum members I have a problem with because no matter how joking your intentions, your posts are shallow and insulting no matter what they are referring to. Being completely unable to back up what you say ingame also takes away from any respect I might have for you.

I can't believe I've been drawn into an off topic flaming war. I'm done. Checker, play the game or admit that you already got owned without my lifting a finger.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Shadow on June 15, 2008, 09:00:00 AM
Quote from: Checkerpaw on June 15, 2008, 07:56:23 AM

If you are going to be a butt I am going to talk back to you. You are one of the only forum members I have a problem with because no matter how joking your intentions, your posts are shallow and insulting no matter what they are referring to. Being completely unable to back up what you say ingame also takes away from any respect I might have for you.

I can't believe I've been drawn into an off topic flaming war. I'm done. Checker, play the game or admit that you already got owned without my lifting a finger.

Rest assured, the game is being played.

Firetooth

*grabs popcorn*
*shoves everyone else off his sofa*
*greedly munches popcorn, getting it everywhere on his face as he waits for the two warriors to stop whining and start fighting*
sorry, its true. Checker, get up and fight, beg for mercy, or stop. I wanna see a fight, not flames!*munches popcorn*

General Austin

Checkerpaw, kick him in the chutzpah!! =)