Random Facts

Started by Mr.Grimm, May 26, 2009, 02:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Quote from: Saladin on May 26, 2009, 04:08:58 PM
    There are 670 types of cheeses in the world.
There are 543.2 varieties of Firetooth in the world, each one cooler then the last!
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Briar

Queen Marie Antoinette never said " Let them eat cake", she said "Let them eat brioche( a more expensive bread)"
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Mr.Grimm

Quote from: Firetooth on May 26, 2009, 04:09:52 PM
Quote from: Saladin on May 26, 2009, 04:08:58 PM
    There are 670 types of cheeses in the world.
There are 543.2 varieties of Firetooth in the world, each one cooler then the last!
Go and ruin Briar's post!

Cinderella never wore glass slippers. She wore fur ones.

Krowdon

According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Krowdon

The most money ever paid for a cow in an auction was $1.3 million
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Krowdon

The Neanderthal's brain was bigger than yours is

Krowdon

Women are 37% more likely to go to a psychiatrist than men are

Krowdon

The word "nerd" was first coined by Dr. Seuss in "If I Ran the Zoo

Krowdon

The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets

Ungatt Trunn II

The instructions on an American WWII era bazooka read: Aim at enemy.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Krowdon

Chuck Norris CAN believe it's not butter

Briar

The numbers '172' can be found on the back of the U.S. $5 dollar bill in the bushes at the base of the Lincoln Memorial.

That's right, pull out that 5 dollar bill and look  :wink:
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Saladin

In My Life (the Beatles) is the greatest song ever as voted by the entire UK (and Saladin)
Starfish love you

Briar

The (v) in the name of a court case does not stand for "versus," but for "and" (in civil proceedings) or "against" (in criminal proceedings)

Gen. Volkov

QuoteThrowing a cat off of a building from a height of 7 stories or higher will cause the cat to "float" down and not be injured.  Throwing a cat off a building at a lower height will cause injury.

Not exactly. There is something called the "high-rise syndrome" though. A cat that falls from height greater than 6 stories up will usually sustain less severe injuries than a cat falling from a lower height. Cat's have a natural righting reflex, that allows them to twist in midair and land on their feet. This happens fairly quickly, within about 90 centimeters, but the further they have to fall, the more relaxed they can make themselves after righting themselves. Additionally, cats reach terminal velocity after about 5 stories fall, so they can keep relaxing but the energy of the fall stops increasing, and cats have a terminal velocity that is not fatal to them when they impact the ground. This leads to the pattern of injuries seen in cats. However, they will sustain injuries if they fall further than 20 feet or so, they will just sustain fewer of them if they fall from a height above 6 stories up rather than a height below 6 stories up. So please, do not throw cats off the Empire State Building. Yes, 90% of them would survive, but they would be horribly injured.

Real random fact: A large percentage of "random factoids" that people print are in fact untrue.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES