Banning of Wolf Snare

Started by The Lady Shael, June 25, 2008, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Wolf Snare has been banned for five days for repeated verbal insults on forum members, abusing bugs in-game, and being rude and swearing at staff members.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

He also insulted Scarwake for trying to calm down the arguement in my awards which got so severe I locked the topic:

Quote from: Wolf Snare on June 24, 2008, 11:07:46 PM
Maybe direct your arguement towards those starting the problems, and actually handing out warnings and gaggings, and you've done more than anyone else.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shade

Snare has asked me to post the following directed at Shael:

Listen, I know hearing me out is probably the last thing you want to do right now, but I feel I need to apologize. I am very very sorry for questioning your authority, I know that you deal with punishments justly and I am sorry that I questioned you about it. I really think you have done wonders for our site, and I would like you to ignore anything I said about you not doing your job reguarding Firetooth, and the "going downhill" remark. I have a nasty temper and I felt as if I was being cheated.

Concerning the actual issue, I believe it is a big misunderstanding. I never really read the topic Shadow made about the alternative 72 hour thing, I remember leaving my clan and having to wait 72 hours, and shortly after I waited my 3 days, shadow posted about it, and I realized that when I booted one of my members shortly after, that they were not locked out of the clan page like I had been. honestly, I never assumed that was a bug or glitch, I assumed you had reached an agreement in tthe topic Shadow provided, and I assumed that you had intended to lift the 72 hour lock out rule until you had time to program the new feature

Realistically, the thing that set me off was the disabling. I noticed me and Shade were the only ones banned for the rest of the round. As a player of over 6 years, I was absolutely outraged at being disabled for doing a little trick that's been around my entire time here. At the time, In my eyes, this added fuel to my arguement of bias treatment. Of course, I didn't know that clans were supposed to be locked the entire time, which caused the misunderstanding, and caused alot of confusion and chaos for all of us. I was rather confused at why you were so mad shael, but I am starting to realize how little you knew about the situation concerning clan hopping.

I am willing to sit tight and serve my gagging sentence, however unpleasant it may be, as I know swearing at you was one of the stupidest moves I've made on the forums. I am sorry, please at the very least acknowledge my attempt to fix this misunderstanding.

Sharptooh

Nice move snare, everyone can lose their temper now and then, I can understand why you sort of lost it, keep this up  :)

The Lady Shael

Snare, I accept your apology. I've always considered you a friend, so I was a little sad to see your outburst on me in that topic.

I also now realize how this was a huge misunderstanding. I shouldn't have assumed that any of you would maliciously take advantage of a loophole like that and not tell me.

I'm considering to undisable all of you earlier than your sentence, but I won't make any more decisions. I'll wait for wolf to get online (which should hopefully be today) so he can catch up on what's been happening and he can have some input.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

wolf bite

The reason we have several admins is because not everyone can be around at all times. Peace is working and I am on the road with partial use of a slow laptop.

As I posted earlier today, I will stand behind anything my fellow admins do.

Sadly I don't have the time (nor net speed) to get up to date on everything that seems to be blowing up. So I make opinions based on what Sheal will need to make determinations on.

If Snare (or anyone) back talked Sheal (or any staff member) when that staff member was trying to do their job, then that person should be lucky they only got 5 days ban.

However, a banning on the game requires the member to "knowingly" abuse a bug.  I can not tell from what little I can see from here whether there is "intent". If the banned players knew they were using a bug, maybe even warned there was a bug, or talked in pms about the bug, or anything along that line, then a game disable was appropriate.

If there is even a 10% chance they did not know there was a bug abuse, then disabling them during investigation, then releasing them is correct. (any player can be temporarily disabled at the admins whim to check for fairness in the games). If no deliberate intent is found, the account(s) are again made active.

I leave it to Sheal (who is better informed on what is going on) to make the judgment calls for me based on how I have said I would handle this depending on the facts.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

The Lady Shael

Shael's Verdict: Everyone who was disabled in game will now be undisabled.

Firetooth

One question...
What about the 16bil net which was only destroyed through an accidental use of this feature?
Oh, and I agree with wolf, he got off lightly imo, though Im not the one to decide...
on topic, alazar needs a ban...again ::) And as for being used alazar, you basically just repeated wolf snare without the swears.
Quote from: Alazar is Back on June 25, 2008, 06:29:03 PM
I am done for the rest of the turbo round and probably for awhile, dead serious. I know there will be others with me. This is the most unfair and biased i have ever seen this. I am sorry but this site has gone downhill. Its pathetic, imagine what the oldbies would say. Ugh i have never been so irritated with you all as i am now. Maybe if shade and and cody would have kissed shael's butt then they would have not been banned.
Read cody's, see the resemblance?
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

Firetooth, both you and Alazar need to stop trying to get each other banned. If one of you is banned, the other will be. You already tried to call a truce with Snare and Alazar and you're not keeping to it.

Firetooth

Whatever. He's posted at least 3 times in seperate topics, even making one, trying to get me banned, when in actual fact, he's just doing the same thing. Dave got a warning for something not as bad, Im not trying to criticize anyone, I'm just fed up of this. I have better things to do then sit here trying to resolve some feud with someone who wont hear me at all and will only believe his "heroes"

bjornredtail

Okay, I'm not involved in this instance but I have a bone to pick.
As I posted earlier today, I will stand behind anything my fellow admins do.
If Snare (or anyone) back talked Sheal (or any staff member) when that staff member was trying to do their job, then that person should be lucky they only got 5 days ban.
This bothers me. A lot. Admins make mistakes. They are, from time to time, unjust and personally involved. We have all done it. It seems to me that you are saying that questioning admin actions is grounds for banning, which simply doesn't seem right. (though, if this meaning was your intent, this very post would fall into that category, wouldn't it?) The same thing goes for blind support of the actions of your fellow administrators. Appearing unified is not as important as making the right decision.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

wolf bite

Bjornredtail,

I understand how that can sound confusing in its short version. Please go to the topic The banning of Alazar for the full comment. Here is part of it:

"
A personal attack on a staff member when doing their staff work will have quick and extreme punishment. **

** In other words as an example, a flame or personal attack on me based on something I say as a member of the community will be treated the same as any other member. However, if I was to be making a post as "Admin Duties" and someone personally attacks me, they could instantly be banned for any amount of time the staff agrees to. This is not to say that the members can not question the reasoning of the staff, it is just strongly advised to be very adult and mature in doing so.
"

Wolf Bite
PS. I do not BLINDLY support the other admins. But my disagreements, if any, will be done in private and it would be for them, or me, to reverse a decision after we have all talked.

Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Firetooth on June 26, 2008, 11:20:10 AM
Whatever. He's posted at least 3 times in seperate topics, even making one, trying to get me banned, when in actual fact, he's just doing the same thing. Dave got a warning for something not as bad, Im not trying to criticize anyone, I'm just fed up of this. I have better things to do then sit here trying to resolve some feud with someone who wont hear me at all and will only believe his "heroes"

No offense, but pay more attention that topic and many of them, if not all of them posts were made before your little "apology/proposal" thing.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

I posted my "proposal" thing before you'd logged on, so idk if you saw it or posted in other topics first :P